IceHogs Down Moose, 5-2
The Manitoba Moose (22-30-0-0) were defeated 5-2 by the Rockford IceHogs (24-25-1-2) on Thursday night at Bell MTS Place.
With just under five minutes to go in the first period, Manitoba nearly capitalized on a two-on-one opportunity however Michael Spacek couldn't connect. The IceHogs came back the other way on a two-on-one of their own and Joseph Cramarossa capitalized for Rockford to open the scoring. Just over a minute later, Garrett Mitchell scored for Rockford to improve their lead to 2-0.
Just 1:11 into the second frame, Jacob Nilsson capitalized for the IceHogs to gain the 3-0 advantage. Midway through the period, JC Lipon tucked the puck behind IceHogs netminder Collin Delia to get Manitoba on the board.
At 7:14 in the third frame, Tyler Sikura scored on the man advantage for Rockford to make the score 4-1. With just over five minutes remaining in the period, Garrett Mitchell found Manitoba's empty net and improved their lead to 5-1. In the final two minutes of the period, Michael Spacek's attempt found the top shelf of Rockford's net to make the score 5-2 in favour of the IceHogs.
With his assist in tonight's matchup, Leon Gawanke has marked 20 points (1G, 19A) on the season
Skyler McKenzie paced the Moose with seven points (2G, 5A) against the IceHogs in the clubs eight meetings during the 2019-20 campaign
JC Lipon and Gawanke lead Manitoba with five shots each during the contest What's Next?
The Moose face off against the Milwaukee Admirals on Saturday, Feb. 15. Puck drop is scheduled for 6 p.m. CT. Tickets are available at moosehockey.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 14, 2020
- Rampage Edge Stars 3-2 in Shootout - Texas Stars
- Rocket Lose 3-1 to Wolf Pack - Laval Rocket
- Kahkonen Blanks Gulls as Iowa Takes 3-0 Decision - San Diego Gulls
- Griffins Push Past Monsters on Elson's Late Goal - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sens Stumble against Toronto - Belleville Senators
- Phantoms Win, You Love to See It - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Fall to Devils in Overtime - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Top Comets, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- St. Denis, Holmstrom each score to help Bridgeport collect a point for the third straight game - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Penguins Upended in Providence, 4-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- P-Bruins Top Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, 4-2 - Providence Bruins
- Pack Tops Rocket, 3-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Comeback Stalled in 4-2 Loss to Griffins - Cleveland Monsters
- Devils Tie Game Late, Win in OT over Bears 4-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Comets Comeback Attempt Stalled in Syracuse - Utica Comets
- Condors Host Pirates and Princess Night Tomorrow - Bakersfield Condors
- AHL Releases Statement Regarding Forfeited Game against Toronto on January 10 - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Statement Regarding January 10 Toronto-Texas Game - AHL
- Marlies Open Home-And-Home with Senators Tonight in Belleville - Toronto Marlies
- AHL Board of Governors Elects Scott Howson as Next President and CEO - AHL
- Join the IceHogs for Bar Olympics at Savoy Lounge - Rockford IceHogs
- T-Birds Visit Checkers for Two-Game Set - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Flyers Loan Morgan Frost to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- San Diego Gulls Announce Schedule Change for February 22 - San Diego Gulls
- Sens Release Todd from PTO - Belleville Senators
- Griffins Give Away Fanny Packs as Part of '90s Night Next Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heat Start Packed Home Weekend Friday against Ontario - Stockton Heat
- Forward T.J. Tynan Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Rangers Recall Joey Keane from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 'Ride the Rails up to the Show' Promotion Gets Underway this Weekend - Rochester Americans
- Chlapik Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Hosting Annual Hometown Heroes Night Saturday, February 22 against Cleveland - Rochester Americans
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Alex Volkov to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Marlies, February 14 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Devils, 7:05 PM - Hershey Bears
- No Love Lost Between Rivals this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Blue Jackets Recall Forward Jakob Lilja from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- IceHogs Down Moose, 5-2 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.