Rangers Recall Joey Keane from Hartford
NEW YORK - The New York Rangers announced today that the team has recalled defenseman Joey Keane from the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Keane, 20, has skated in 48 games with the Wolf Pack this season, registering eight goals and 20 assists for 28 points, along with 30 penalty minutes. He played in the 2020 AHL All-Star Challenge. Keane is tied for sixth among AHL defensemen in goals and is tied for 13th among AHL defensemen in points this season. In addition, he leads AHL rookie defensemen in goals and ranks fourth among AHL rookie defensemen in points in 2019-20. Keane has recorded five points (two goals, three assists) in the last six games with the Wolf Pack.
The 6-0, 187-pounder played three seasons of junior hockey in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) prior to beginning his professional career this season. Keane skated in 195 career OHL games from 2016-17 - 2018-19 with the Barrie Colts and London Knights, recording 21 goals and 81 assists for 102 points, along with a plus-28 rating and 216 penalty minutes. He was selected to the OHL's Third All-Star Team in 2017-18, as he established OHL career-highs in goals (12), assists (32), points (44), and plus/minus rating (plus-45).
The Chicago, Illinois native was selected by the Rangers in the third round, 88th overall, of the 2018 NHL Entry Draft. The pick the Blueshirts used to select Keane was acquired in a trade with the Boston Bruins on Feb. 20, 2018; the Rangers acquired the pick and Rob O'Gara in exchange for Nick Holden.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 14, 2020
- Rampage Edge Stars 3-2 in Shootout - Texas Stars
- Rocket Lose 3-1 to Wolf Pack - Laval Rocket
- Kahkonen Blanks Gulls as Iowa Takes 3-0 Decision - San Diego Gulls
- Griffins Push Past Monsters on Elson's Late Goal - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sens Stumble against Toronto - Belleville Senators
- Phantoms Win, You Love to See It - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Fall to Devils in Overtime - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Top Comets, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- St. Denis, Holmstrom each score to help Bridgeport collect a point for the third straight game - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Penguins Upended in Providence, 4-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- P-Bruins Top Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, 4-2 - Providence Bruins
- Pack Tops Rocket, 3-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Comeback Stalled in 4-2 Loss to Griffins - Cleveland Monsters
- Devils Tie Game Late, Win in OT over Bears 4-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Comets Comeback Attempt Stalled in Syracuse - Utica Comets
- Condors Host Pirates and Princess Night Tomorrow - Bakersfield Condors
- AHL Releases Statement Regarding Forfeited Game against Toronto on January 10 - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Statement Regarding January 10 Toronto-Texas Game - AHL
- Marlies Open Home-And-Home with Senators Tonight in Belleville - Toronto Marlies
- AHL Board of Governors Elects Scott Howson as Next President and CEO - AHL
- Join the IceHogs for Bar Olympics at Savoy Lounge - Rockford IceHogs
- T-Birds Visit Checkers for Two-Game Set - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Flyers Loan Morgan Frost to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- San Diego Gulls Announce Schedule Change for February 22 - San Diego Gulls
- Sens Release Todd from PTO - Belleville Senators
- Griffins Give Away Fanny Packs as Part of '90s Night Next Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heat Start Packed Home Weekend Friday against Ontario - Stockton Heat
- Forward T.J. Tynan Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Rangers Recall Joey Keane from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 'Ride the Rails up to the Show' Promotion Gets Underway this Weekend - Rochester Americans
- Chlapik Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Hosting Annual Hometown Heroes Night Saturday, February 22 against Cleveland - Rochester Americans
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Alex Volkov to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Marlies, February 14 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Devils, 7:05 PM - Hershey Bears
- No Love Lost Between Rivals this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Blue Jackets Recall Forward Jakob Lilja from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- IceHogs Down Moose, 5-2 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.