Rocket Lose 3-1 to Wolf Pack
HARTFORD - The Hartford Wolf Pack showed no love in their Valentine's Day matchup against the Laval Rocket, grabbing a 3-1 win Friday night at the XL Center.
It was the final matchup between the two clubs this season. In four games against their Atlantic Division rivals, the Rocket registered a 2-1-1-0 record.
A slow start to the game hurt the Rocket as they fell 2-0 against the Wolf Pack after 20 minutes of play with goals from Danny O'Regan and Vinni Lettieri. Putting in a greater effort in the periods to come, the visitors finally got on the board, as Riley Barber buried a rebound past netminder Tom McCollum with 10 minutes left in the final frame. With Cayden Primeau on the bench for an extra player near the end of the game, the Rocket were unable to score the equalizer and Tim Gettinger notched the insurance marker in an empty net to give the Wolf Pack a 3-1 victory.
"In the first period, we kind of shot ourselves in the foot at the start of the game. After that, we started working harder but that's enough to [win] a game against a good team like them on the road. We can't afford to have slow starts on the road. [...] We need to answer the bell at our next game against Providence," said Antoine Waked after the game.
The Rocket will try to put an end to their four-game losing skid and conclude their five-game road trip on a high-note against the Providence Bruins on Sunday.
LAV: Barber (Varone, Olofsson)
HFD: O'Regan (Kravtsov, LoVerde) | Lettieri (Ebert, Beleskey) | Gettinger (Fogarty)
Unités spéciales/Special teams
LAV | AN/PP: 0/3 | IN/PK: 1/1
HFD | AN/PP: 0/1 | IN/PK: 3/3
LAV: Primeau (23/25) | HFD: McCollum (20/21)
Trois étoiles/Three stars
1. Lettieri - HFD 2. O'Regan - HFD 3. McCollum - HFD
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 14, 2020
- Rampage Edge Stars 3-2 in Shootout - Texas Stars
- Rocket Lose 3-1 to Wolf Pack - Laval Rocket
- Kahkonen Blanks Gulls as Iowa Takes 3-0 Decision - San Diego Gulls
- Griffins Push Past Monsters on Elson's Late Goal - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sens Stumble against Toronto - Belleville Senators
- Phantoms Win, You Love to See It - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Fall to Devils in Overtime - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Top Comets, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- St. Denis, Holmstrom each score to help Bridgeport collect a point for the third straight game - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Penguins Upended in Providence, 4-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- P-Bruins Top Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, 4-2 - Providence Bruins
- Pack Tops Rocket, 3-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Comeback Stalled in 4-2 Loss to Griffins - Cleveland Monsters
- Devils Tie Game Late, Win in OT over Bears 4-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Comets Comeback Attempt Stalled in Syracuse - Utica Comets
- Condors Host Pirates and Princess Night Tomorrow - Bakersfield Condors
- AHL Releases Statement Regarding Forfeited Game against Toronto on January 10 - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Statement Regarding January 10 Toronto-Texas Game - AHL
- Marlies Open Home-And-Home with Senators Tonight in Belleville - Toronto Marlies
- AHL Board of Governors Elects Scott Howson as Next President and CEO - AHL
- Join the IceHogs for Bar Olympics at Savoy Lounge - Rockford IceHogs
- T-Birds Visit Checkers for Two-Game Set - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Flyers Loan Morgan Frost to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- San Diego Gulls Announce Schedule Change for February 22 - San Diego Gulls
- Sens Release Todd from PTO - Belleville Senators
- Griffins Give Away Fanny Packs as Part of '90s Night Next Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heat Start Packed Home Weekend Friday against Ontario - Stockton Heat
- Forward T.J. Tynan Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Rangers Recall Joey Keane from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 'Ride the Rails up to the Show' Promotion Gets Underway this Weekend - Rochester Americans
- Chlapik Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Hosting Annual Hometown Heroes Night Saturday, February 22 against Cleveland - Rochester Americans
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Alex Volkov to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Marlies, February 14 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Devils, 7:05 PM - Hershey Bears
- No Love Lost Between Rivals this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Blue Jackets Recall Forward Jakob Lilja from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- IceHogs Down Moose, 5-2 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.