Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Marlies, February 14
It's a Valentine's Day match-up at CAA Arena tonight as the Belleville Senators and Toronto Marlies once again square off in the Battle of Ontario.
The Senators (32-14-3-1) is riding a seven-game winning streak into tonight's game after their 3-2 overtime win against Laval last Saturday. The Sens have a seven-point lead in the North Division and still hold the best record in the Eastern Conference.
The Marlies (240-20-3-2) are in a three-way tie with Laval and Syracuse for the fourth and final playoff spot in the division. Toronto has won two straight but is just 3-5-1-1 in its last 10.
Belleville is 12-10-1-1 at home while the Marlies have won just eight of its 25 road games.
The Sens received a major boost earlier in the week as Christian Wolanin was reassigned to the team after recovering from a shoulder injury suffered in September. Max Veronneau's return to the lineup after injury is also imminent but it's not a sure thing he returns tonight.
With the Sens and Marlies playing a home-and-home, it's unclear who will start tonight between Joey Daccord and Filip Gustavsson.
JC Beaudin and Jonathan Davidsson are out for the Senators while the status of Christian Jaros is unclear.
The Senators are riding a three-game winning streak over the Marlies and are 4-3 against Toronto this season. The Marlies have won two of the three contests in Belleville this season.
Who to watch
Sens captain Jordan Szwarz has seven points against Toronto this season, the most by a Sens player. Despite missing a month through injury, Szwarz has 23 points (13 goals) in 33 games.
Nic Petan has four points in his last two games and has tallied 10 goals and 30 points this season in 20 games. 13 of his season points have come against Belleville.
Where to watch
Friday's game starts at 7pm and can be seen LIVE on AHLTV. Follow the Belleville Sens on Twitter for live updates. Tickets are available.
The radio broadcast on CJBQ 800 begins at 6:50pm with Jack Miller on the call and David Foot on colour.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 14, 2020
- Rampage Edge Stars 3-2 in Shootout - Texas Stars
- Rocket Lose 3-1 to Wolf Pack - Laval Rocket
- Kahkonen Blanks Gulls as Iowa Takes 3-0 Decision - San Diego Gulls
- Griffins Push Past Monsters on Elson's Late Goal - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sens Stumble against Toronto - Belleville Senators
- Phantoms Win, You Love to See It - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Fall to Devils in Overtime - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Top Comets, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- St. Denis, Holmstrom each score to help Bridgeport collect a point for the third straight game - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Penguins Upended in Providence, 4-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- P-Bruins Top Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, 4-2 - Providence Bruins
- Pack Tops Rocket, 3-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Comeback Stalled in 4-2 Loss to Griffins - Cleveland Monsters
- Devils Tie Game Late, Win in OT over Bears 4-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Comets Comeback Attempt Stalled in Syracuse - Utica Comets
- Condors Host Pirates and Princess Night Tomorrow - Bakersfield Condors
- AHL Releases Statement Regarding Forfeited Game against Toronto on January 10 - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Statement Regarding January 10 Toronto-Texas Game - AHL
- Marlies Open Home-And-Home with Senators Tonight in Belleville - Toronto Marlies
- AHL Board of Governors Elects Scott Howson as Next President and CEO - AHL
- Join the IceHogs for Bar Olympics at Savoy Lounge - Rockford IceHogs
- T-Birds Visit Checkers for Two-Game Set - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Flyers Loan Morgan Frost to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- San Diego Gulls Announce Schedule Change for February 22 - San Diego Gulls
- Sens Release Todd from PTO - Belleville Senators
- Griffins Give Away Fanny Packs as Part of '90s Night Next Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heat Start Packed Home Weekend Friday against Ontario - Stockton Heat
- Forward T.J. Tynan Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Rangers Recall Joey Keane from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 'Ride the Rails up to the Show' Promotion Gets Underway this Weekend - Rochester Americans
- Chlapik Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Hosting Annual Hometown Heroes Night Saturday, February 22 against Cleveland - Rochester Americans
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Alex Volkov to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Marlies, February 14 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Devils, 7:05 PM - Hershey Bears
- No Love Lost Between Rivals this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Blue Jackets Recall Forward Jakob Lilja from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- IceHogs Down Moose, 5-2 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Belleville Senators Stories
- Ottawa's 2021 23-Man Roster Includes Seven Belleville Graduates Plus Three More on Taxi Squad
- Colby Williams Signs One Year AHL Contract with the Belleville Senators
- Cole Reinhardt Earns Amateur Tryout with Belleville Senators
- LaBate Inks a New AHL Contract with the Belleville Senators
- Cole Cassels Rejoins Belleville Senators on One Year AHL Deal