P-Bruins Top Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, 4-2
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Josiah Didier scored his first goal of the season, while Max Lagace recorded 28 saves, as the Providence Bruins defeated the Wilkes Barre/Scranton Penguins, 4-2, on Friday night.
Brendan Gaunce, Joona Koppanen, and Jack Studnicka also scored for Providence in the win. The P-Bruins went three-for-four on the penalty kill and recorded 26 shots on goal.
1st 2nd 3rd Final
WBS 0 1 1 2
PRO 2 0 2 4
JAY LEACH, HEAD COACH
"It was a big win. They provided a tall task, especially in the first period. They were flying and were able to get in on the forecheck. We were fortunate to have Max back there, who made a couple stops for us, and we were able to capitalize on a couple of our chances, which is the key to winning games.
I thought in the second and third we started to manage the puck a little bit better. We got into more of a groove with puck support and put pucks behind them the way we like to. It was good to finish this one out." JOSIAH DIDIER - ONE GOAL
"It felt great. I thought we had a great week of practice leading up to this game. I thought we came out strong and played great the whole game.
"They're a good team. They play hard and fast. They're right behind us in the standings so this was a huge win for us. It was nice come out strong and play a full 60 tonight."
- Jack Studnicka scored his team-leading 19th goal of the season. The rookie has notched seven points (5G, 2A) in his last five games.
- Oskar Steen collected two assists and has five points (1G, 4A) in his last four games.
- Brendan Gaunce scored his 12th goal of the season and has three points (1G, 2A) in his last four games.
- Brendan Woods recorded an assist for the second consecutive game and extended his point streak to three games (1G, 2A).
- The P-Bruins will remain home in Providence, Rhode Island and take on the Laval Rocket on Sunday, February 16 at Dunkin' Donuts Center. Puck drop is set for 3:05 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 14, 2020
- Rampage Edge Stars 3-2 in Shootout - Texas Stars
- Rocket Lose 3-1 to Wolf Pack - Laval Rocket
- Kahkonen Blanks Gulls as Iowa Takes 3-0 Decision - San Diego Gulls
- Griffins Push Past Monsters on Elson's Late Goal - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sens Stumble against Toronto - Belleville Senators
- Phantoms Win, You Love to See It - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Fall to Devils in Overtime - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Top Comets, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- St. Denis, Holmstrom each score to help Bridgeport collect a point for the third straight game - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Penguins Upended in Providence, 4-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- P-Bruins Top Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, 4-2 - Providence Bruins
- Pack Tops Rocket, 3-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Comeback Stalled in 4-2 Loss to Griffins - Cleveland Monsters
- Devils Tie Game Late, Win in OT over Bears 4-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Comets Comeback Attempt Stalled in Syracuse - Utica Comets
- Condors Host Pirates and Princess Night Tomorrow - Bakersfield Condors
- AHL Releases Statement Regarding Forfeited Game against Toronto on January 10 - Texas Stars
- American Hockey League Statement Regarding January 10 Toronto-Texas Game - AHL
- Marlies Open Home-And-Home with Senators Tonight in Belleville - Toronto Marlies
- AHL Board of Governors Elects Scott Howson as Next President and CEO - AHL
- Join the IceHogs for Bar Olympics at Savoy Lounge - Rockford IceHogs
- T-Birds Visit Checkers for Two-Game Set - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Flyers Loan Morgan Frost to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- San Diego Gulls Announce Schedule Change for February 22 - San Diego Gulls
- Sens Release Todd from PTO - Belleville Senators
- Griffins Give Away Fanny Packs as Part of '90s Night Next Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heat Start Packed Home Weekend Friday against Ontario - Stockton Heat
- Forward T.J. Tynan Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Rangers Recall Joey Keane from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 'Ride the Rails up to the Show' Promotion Gets Underway this Weekend - Rochester Americans
- Chlapik Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Hosting Annual Hometown Heroes Night Saturday, February 22 against Cleveland - Rochester Americans
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Alex Volkov to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Marlies, February 14 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Devils, 7:05 PM - Hershey Bears
- No Love Lost Between Rivals this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Blue Jackets Recall Forward Jakob Lilja from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- IceHogs Down Moose, 5-2 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- P-Bruins Set Franchise Record with 12th Consecutive Win
- P-Bruins Tie Franchise Record, Beat Hershey Bears, 3-2, in Shootout
- P-Bruins Win 10th Straight Game, Top Springfield Thunderbirds, 4-2
- P-Bruins Extend Win Streak to Nine Games, Top Springfield Thunderbirds, 2-1, in Overtime
- P-Bruins Win Eighth Straight Game, Top Hartford Wolf Pack, 3-2