Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Round Rock Express
San Antonio Missions (49-29) vs. Round Rock Express (45-32)
Game #79/Home Game #38
Wednesday, June 26, 7:05 p.m.
Nelson Wolff Stadium
MiLB.tv / KONO 860 AM
RHP Corbin Burnes (0-0, 0.00) vs. RHP Jose Urquidy (3-1, 3.35)
All-Stars: The San Antonio Missions will be well-represented in their first ever Triple-A All-Star Game. Infielders Keston Hiura and Tyler Saldino, catcher David Fretias, and relief pitcher Jay Jackson have all been selected to participate in the game on July 10 at Southwest University Park in El Paso.
Home is Where the Heart Is: The Missions have won seven games in a row at Wolff Stadium to match a season-long home winning streak. They also won seven home games in a row from May 9-20. They sport a 27-10 home record, which is the second-best home record among all full-season MiLB teams behind only Advanced-A Visalia's 29-8 home record.
They've Got The Runs: After scoring 10 or more runs just twice in their first 66 games the Missions have now done so in four of their last 12 games. The Missions have scored 153 runs in June, which is sixth in the league.
Play the Hits: San Antonio has collected 10 or more hits in eight of their last 12 games and are 20-7 when doing so this season. Last night Mauricio Dubon, Keston Hiura, Cory Spangenberg, and David Freitas all had three hits. It was the first time this season as many as four different Missions tallied three hits in a game.
Cleaning Up: San Antonio's clean up hitter, Cory Spangenberg has been on a tear as of late as he recorded his fifth multi-hit game in his last six games overall with a trio of hits last night. In the last seven days Spangenberg is among the league leaders in average (4th, .556), OBP (4th, .613), and hits (T-4th, 15).
*WHAT THEY'RE SAYING*
Benjamin Hill (@bensbiz)
Congrats to a baseball lifer. Rick Sweet made his pro debut as a member of the 1975 Walla Walla Padres. His first managerial post was with the 1987 Bellingham Mariners.
Jim Goulart (@Mass_Haas)
Hat tip on that Rick Sweet commentary to @BriggsMissions, who provides wonderful quote-filled coverage from the San Antonio locker room for all home games #Brewers https://atmilb.com/2KDrUS2
Adam McCalvy (@AdamMcCalvy)
Rick Sweet is a heckuva baseball man, and 2,000 is a heckuva lot of wins. Congratulations to @RickSweet16.
Greg Simmons (@GregSimmonsKSAT)
Congratulations to manager Rick Sweet. A huge milestone.
The Brewer Nation (@BrewerNation)
Congratulations to @Kestdaddy, @davidfreitas23, @SaladinoTyler, and @Jaxland58!
Evan Closky (@EvanClosky)
The @missionsmilb get 4 players in the PCL All-Star Game. They'll head down to El Paso for the game on July 10.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 26, 2019
- Quartet of Redbirds Extend Hitting Streaks - Memphis Redbirds
- Iowa Claims 5-4 Win over Omaha - Iowa Cubs
- Express Come Back to Top Missions 4-2 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Score 17 in Come-From-Behind Win - Nashville Sounds
- Baby Cakes Bounce Dodgers, 3-1 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- 'Cakes Even Series with a Pair of Home Runs - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- OF Yadiel Hernandez & RHP Dakota Bacus to Represent Fresno at AAA ASG - Fresno Grizzlies
- Iowa Native Rea Selected to PCL All-Star Team - Iowa Cubs
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (33-45) vs Nashville Sounds (32-45) - Memphis Redbirds
- Express OF Kyle Tucker, RHP Cy Sneed Named to PCL All-Star Team - Round Rock Express
- Pacific Coast League Announces 2019 All-Star Roster - El Paso Chihuahuas
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 26, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (32-45) at Memphis Redbirds (33-45) - Nashville Sounds
- Will Smith and Kevin Quackenbush Named to Triple-A All-Star Game - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Woodford, Ravelo Named PCL All-Stars - Memphis Redbirds
- Three Aces Selected to 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game - Reno Aces
- Four Missions Named to Pacific Coast League All-Star Team - San Antonio Missions
- Diaz Named to PCL All-Star Team - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Daza, Hilliard, Valaika Elected Starters in 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Pitchers David Carpenter and Seth Maness Named Pacific Coast League All-Stars - Nashville Sounds
- PCL Reveals 2019 All-Star Roster - PCL
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Named Title Partner of the 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Ward Selected as Pacific Coast League All-Star - Salt Lake Bees
- Tucker, Hiura, Urias Among PCL All-Stars - Las Vegas Aviators
- OKC Dodgers and Kimray Partner to Benefit OKC Foster Care and Family Service Organizations Via Kimray Kids - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Minor League Baseball Launches "Hope at Bat" Fundraising and Awareness Initiative with American Cancer Society - PCL
- Reaching a Baseball Milestone - San Antonio Missions
- Stevenson continues torrid streak in Tacos 11-5 setback to Aviators - Fresno Grizzlies
- 20 Hits Just enough for Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Aces Blank Stingers - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats come up just short in wild game vs. Chihuahuas - Sacramento River Cats
- Early Rainiers Lead Wiped out in Loss to Albuquerque - Tacoma Rainiers
- Taylor Widener Sharp in Aces Shutout Victory - Reno Aces
- Mariachis Win 9-7 as Hoffman Establishes Strikeout Record - Albuquerque Isotopes
- I-Cubs Ice Chasers 5-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chasers Walk off 3-2 After Falling 12-9 in Suspended Game - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Redbirds Upended in Series Opener - Memphis Redbirds
- Missions Derail Express 10-2 in Series Opener - Round Rock Express
- Dodgers Hit Back-to-Back Homers in 8-5 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Missions Stories
- San Antonio Missions Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball
- San Antonio Missions Announce 2020 Schedule
- Former Missions Outfielder Trent Grisham Named Milwaukee Brewers Minor League Player of the Year
- 2019 Season Review
- Sorting out Bittersweet Memories