Dodgers Hit Back-to-Back Homers in 8-5 Win
Oklahoma City - The Oklahoma City Dodgers scored eight straight runs, including back-to-back home runs in the seventh inning, in an 8-5 win against the New Orleans Baby Cakes Tuesday night at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
The win opened a four-game series between the teams and snapped a four-game losing skid for the Dodgers.
The Baby Cakes (42-36) built a 4-0 lead Tuesday to put the Dodgers behind early.
New Orleans loaded the bases in the third inning before back-to-back two-run singles by Lewis Brinson and Isan Diaz gave New Orleans a 4-0 lead.
Zach Reks led off the bottom of the fourth inning with a single for Oklahoma City. Later with one out, Edwin RÃ-os hit a two-run homer out to the Budweiser Deck in left field to cut New Orleans' lead to 4-2 in the fourth inning. The home run moved RÃ-os into a tie for the team lead with 14 homers this season.
Shane Peterson followed and reached base on catcher interference. He came around to score on a RBI double by Jake Peter to cut New Orleans' lead to one run. Blake Gailen followed with a RBI single that allowed Peter to score and knot the game, 4-4.
The Dodgers (31-45) loaded the bases in the fifth inning with one out and Rocky Gale was hit by pitch to bring in the go-ahead run, 5-4. With the bases loaded again, a wild pitch by Brian Moran allowed another run to score for a 6-4 Dodgers advantage.
Oklahoma City built up its lead in the seventh inning on two pitches.
Peterson led off and hit the first pitch he saw of the inning out to center field for a home run. Jake Peter followed and hit the first pitch of his at-bat out to right field for back-to-back homers and an 8-4 Dodgers lead.
The back-to-back home runs were the third of the season for the Dodgers and first since May 5 at New Orleans.
New Orleans' Lewis Brinson led off the eighth inning with a double, advanced to third on a groundout, then scored on a sacrifice fly by Austin Dean to cut OKC's lead to 8-5.
Kevin Quackenbush pitched a scoreless ninth inning for the Dodgers for his third save of the season.
Dodgers starting pitcher J.D. Martin (1-0) picked up a win in his team debut after being promoted from Double-A Tulsa. Martin allowed four runs and five hits over 7.0 innings with four walks and four strikeouts. His 7.0 innings pitched tied his season-high total with Tulsa.
New Orleans starting pitcher Dustin Beggs (6-4) was charged with the loss, allowing six runs (five earned) over 4.1 innings with three walks and three strikeouts.
The Dodgers continue their home series against the New Orleans Baby Cakes at 7:05 p.m. Wednesday at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
Tickets are available through the OKC Dodgers ticket office located on South Mickey Mantle Drive, by phone at (405) 218-2182, or by visiting okcdodgers.com.
Live radio coverage of each game begins 15 minutes before first pitch on AM 1340 "The Game," 1340thegame.com and through the free iHeartRadio or MiLB First Pitch apps.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 26, 2019
- Quartet of Redbirds Extend Hitting Streaks - Memphis Redbirds
- Iowa Claims 5-4 Win over Omaha - Iowa Cubs
- Express Come Back to Top Missions 4-2 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Score 17 in Come-From-Behind Win - Nashville Sounds
- Baby Cakes Bounce Dodgers, 3-1 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- 'Cakes Even Series with a Pair of Home Runs - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- OF Yadiel Hernandez & RHP Dakota Bacus to Represent Fresno at AAA ASG - Fresno Grizzlies
- Iowa Native Rea Selected to PCL All-Star Team - Iowa Cubs
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (33-45) vs Nashville Sounds (32-45) - Memphis Redbirds
- Express OF Kyle Tucker, RHP Cy Sneed Named to PCL All-Star Team - Round Rock Express
- Pacific Coast League Announces 2019 All-Star Roster - El Paso Chihuahuas
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 26, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (32-45) at Memphis Redbirds (33-45) - Nashville Sounds
- Will Smith and Kevin Quackenbush Named to Triple-A All-Star Game - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Woodford, Ravelo Named PCL All-Stars - Memphis Redbirds
- Three Aces Selected to 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game - Reno Aces
- Four Missions Named to Pacific Coast League All-Star Team - San Antonio Missions
- Diaz Named to PCL All-Star Team - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Daza, Hilliard, Valaika Elected Starters in 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Pitchers David Carpenter and Seth Maness Named Pacific Coast League All-Stars - Nashville Sounds
- PCL Reveals 2019 All-Star Roster - PCL
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Named Title Partner of the 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Ward Selected as Pacific Coast League All-Star - Salt Lake Bees
- Tucker, Hiura, Urias Among PCL All-Stars - Las Vegas Aviators
- OKC Dodgers and Kimray Partner to Benefit OKC Foster Care and Family Service Organizations Via Kimray Kids - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Minor League Baseball Launches "Hope at Bat" Fundraising and Awareness Initiative with American Cancer Society - PCL
- Reaching a Baseball Milestone - San Antonio Missions
- Stevenson continues torrid streak in Tacos 11-5 setback to Aviators - Fresno Grizzlies
- 20 Hits Just enough for Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Aces Blank Stingers - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats come up just short in wild game vs. Chihuahuas - Sacramento River Cats
- Early Rainiers Lead Wiped out in Loss to Albuquerque - Tacoma Rainiers
- Taylor Widener Sharp in Aces Shutout Victory - Reno Aces
- Mariachis Win 9-7 as Hoffman Establishes Strikeout Record - Albuquerque Isotopes
- I-Cubs Ice Chasers 5-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chasers Walk off 3-2 After Falling 12-9 in Suspended Game - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Redbirds Upended in Series Opener - Memphis Redbirds
- Missions Derail Express 10-2 in Series Opener - Round Rock Express
- Dodgers Hit Back-to-Back Homers in 8-5 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Dodgers Stories
- Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark Named Winner Of Ballpark Digest's Best Of The Ballparks Competition
- OKC Dodgers Announce Details Regarding the Cancellation of the 2020 Baseball Sesaon
- Registration Open for OKC Dodgers Rookie League Fall Season
- Statement from the Oklahoma City Dodgers
- OKC Dodgers Hosting Sixth Annual Fan Fest March 28