OKC Dodgers and Kimray Partner to Benefit OKC Foster Care and Family Service Organizations Via Kimray Kids
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma City Dodgers and Kimray, Inc., announce the return of the Kimray Kids program for the 2019 baseball season to benefit foster care and family service organizations in the Oklahoma City area.
The Kimray Kids program began last season and returns for three nights during the 2019 season, allowing foster care and family service organizations to bring children and families out for a night of fun and baseball at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
"We are pleased with the opportunity to partner with Kimray to feature these wonderful organizations and the families they serve," said Michael Byrnes, OKC Dodgers President/General Manager. "Kimray is a great community partner and the opportunity to match their passion for these organizations with the experience and atmosphere the Dodgers provide, makes for a unique experience for these families."
The first Kimray Kids Night of the season will take place during Friday's 7:05 p.m. game against the New Orleans Baby Cakes and will feature participants selected by Anna's House Foundation. Individuals from Shiloh Camp will participate in the Saturday, July 27 Kimray Kids Night and individuals from Oklahoma Baptist Homes for Children will participate in the Saturday, Aug. 10 Kimray Kids Night.
Each night's participating Kimray Kids group members will receive a T-shirt and voucher for a meal at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark. They will enjoy a behind-the-scenes tour of the ballpark, followed with a private meet-and-greet with an OKC Dodgers player, including a Q&A session, photos and autographs. Participants will then enjoy that night's game from a designated Kimray Kids section in the ballpark.
During Kimray Kids Nights, the OKC Dodgers Team Store and all concession stands will have an optional "Add A Dollar" feature, allowing fans to donate to that night's featured organization. An online auction via the DASH auction app will benefit Anna's House Friday, and each Kimray Kids Night's participating organization will benefit from an online auction on their designated night.
Kimray, Inc. is a world-class manufacturer of control equipment used extensively in oil and gas production around the world with the mission of "making a difference in the lives of those we serve."
"We are so excited to partner with and support local organizations that are making a difference in the lives of so many who need an advocate and loving care," said Shad Glass, Executive Vice President of Kimray, Inc. "One of Kimray's core values is to 'strengthen the family,' and organizations like Anna's House Foundation, Shiloh Camp and Oklahoma Baptist Homes for Children are doing just that. Investing in tomorrow's future gives hope for today and hope for things to come. When you support Kimray Kids Night at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark, you are helping to make a difference in the lives of children and families across this great state."
Anna's House Foundation "is a faith-based organization whose mission is to provide immediate, stable and loving homes for Oklahoma County's children in state custody," according to the organization's website. They "provide an exceptional, personal network or support for families in Oklahoma County and contingent counties caring for children in foster care, and the unique needs children share," the website states.
Shiloh Camp's mission is to transform our inner city with the love of Christ through sports, arts and meaningful relationships.
"Shiloh Camp is honored and excited to participate with Kimray Kids at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark," said Emily Bernhard, Community Connections Director for Shiloh Camp. "Kimray has been an invaluable partner and supporter of Shiloh for many years. We are thankful for the opportunity to partner again for such a fun summer event. Our campers, families and staff are looking forward to the event."
"Oklahoma Baptist Homes for Children is the largest provider of private, not-for-profit, residential childcare in the state," according to the organization's website. "We do not charge for our services or accept government funds. We do not discriminate on placement based on race, color, national origin, or religious affiliation."
The OKC Dodgers continue their current homestand with a 7:05 p.m. game tonight against the New Orleans Baby Cakes at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark before continuing at 7:05 p.m. tomorrow on a $2 Thursday, featuring $2 select beer, Pepsi products, and bottled water.
The homestand then wraps up with a 7:05 p.m. game Friday against New Orleans with fireworks scheduled to follow, presented by Oklahoma Blood Institute.
OKC Dodgers game tickets are available through the OKC Dodgers ticket office located on South Mickey Mantle Drive, by phone at (405) 218-2182, or by visiting okcdodgers.com.
Live radio coverage of each game begins 15 minutes before first pitch on AM 1340 "The Game," 1340thegame.com and through the free iHeartRadio or MiLB First Pitch apps.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 26, 2019
- Quartet of Redbirds Extend Hitting Streaks - Memphis Redbirds
- Iowa Claims 5-4 Win over Omaha - Iowa Cubs
- Express Come Back to Top Missions 4-2 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Score 17 in Come-From-Behind Win - Nashville Sounds
- Baby Cakes Bounce Dodgers, 3-1 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- 'Cakes Even Series with a Pair of Home Runs - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- OF Yadiel Hernandez & RHP Dakota Bacus to Represent Fresno at AAA ASG - Fresno Grizzlies
- Iowa Native Rea Selected to PCL All-Star Team - Iowa Cubs
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (33-45) vs Nashville Sounds (32-45) - Memphis Redbirds
- Express OF Kyle Tucker, RHP Cy Sneed Named to PCL All-Star Team - Round Rock Express
- Pacific Coast League Announces 2019 All-Star Roster - El Paso Chihuahuas
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 26, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (32-45) at Memphis Redbirds (33-45) - Nashville Sounds
- Will Smith and Kevin Quackenbush Named to Triple-A All-Star Game - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Woodford, Ravelo Named PCL All-Stars - Memphis Redbirds
- Three Aces Selected to 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game - Reno Aces
- Four Missions Named to Pacific Coast League All-Star Team - San Antonio Missions
- Diaz Named to PCL All-Star Team - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Daza, Hilliard, Valaika Elected Starters in 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Pitchers David Carpenter and Seth Maness Named Pacific Coast League All-Stars - Nashville Sounds
- PCL Reveals 2019 All-Star Roster - PCL
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Named Title Partner of the 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Ward Selected as Pacific Coast League All-Star - Salt Lake Bees
- Tucker, Hiura, Urias Among PCL All-Stars - Las Vegas Aviators
- OKC Dodgers and Kimray Partner to Benefit OKC Foster Care and Family Service Organizations Via Kimray Kids - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Minor League Baseball Launches "Hope at Bat" Fundraising and Awareness Initiative with American Cancer Society - PCL
- Reaching a Baseball Milestone - San Antonio Missions
- Stevenson continues torrid streak in Tacos 11-5 setback to Aviators - Fresno Grizzlies
- 20 Hits Just enough for Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Aces Blank Stingers - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats come up just short in wild game vs. Chihuahuas - Sacramento River Cats
- Early Rainiers Lead Wiped out in Loss to Albuquerque - Tacoma Rainiers
- Taylor Widener Sharp in Aces Shutout Victory - Reno Aces
- Mariachis Win 9-7 as Hoffman Establishes Strikeout Record - Albuquerque Isotopes
- I-Cubs Ice Chasers 5-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chasers Walk off 3-2 After Falling 12-9 in Suspended Game - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Redbirds Upended in Series Opener - Memphis Redbirds
- Missions Derail Express 10-2 in Series Opener - Round Rock Express
- Dodgers Hit Back-to-Back Homers in 8-5 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Dodgers Stories
- Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark Named Winner Of Ballpark Digest's Best Of The Ballparks Competition
- OKC Dodgers Announce Details Regarding the Cancellation of the 2020 Baseball Sesaon
- Registration Open for OKC Dodgers Rookie League Fall Season
- Statement from the Oklahoma City Dodgers
- OKC Dodgers Hosting Sixth Annual Fan Fest March 28