Three Aces Selected to 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game
ROUND ROCK, Texas - With the 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game presented by Gildan less than two weeks away, the Pacific Coast League today unveiled its roster. The 32nd annual contest, which pits the top talent from each of the two Leagues at Minor League Baseball's highest level, will be played on Wednesday, July 10 at Southwest University Park in El Paso, Texas, home of the El Paso Chihuahuas. The roster is made up of 13 elected players who have received the most votes from ballots submitted by club's field managers and general managers, members of the media and broadcasters, and online fan voting. The elected players are joined by 20 additional All-Stars selected by Pacific Coast League officials.
The Reno Aces will be represented by first baseman Kevin Cron, relief pitcher Jimmie Sherfy and outfielder Yasmany Tomas. Reno will have three players on the Pacific Coast League team for the third time in franchise history (2013 & 2017). Cron and Tomas will be making their first Triple-A All-Star game appearances and Sherfy will make his second in three seasons with Reno.
Yasmany Tomas, 28, is hitting .294 with 20 home runs, 58 RBI and a .908 OPS. He is second on the Aces in both home runs and RBI. On May 20, when the Aces exploded for 25 runs against the Tacoma Rainiers, Tomas went 5-for-6, with four home runs and eight RBI, earning himself the Player of the Week honors. The Cuba native is in his fifth season in the Arizona Diamondbacks organization.
Jimmie Sherfy, 27, has appeared in 24 games this season with the Aces. His ERA sits at 2.59 and he has struck out 34 batters in 24.1 innings, good for a 12.6 K/9. Sherfy leads the Pacific Coast League with 11 saves in 12 opportunities, adding to his franchise-best 58 saves. A 10th round selection out of the University of Oregon, Sherfy is in his seventh season in the Arizona Diamondbacks organization.
Kevin Cron, 26, will represent the Aces at the first base position on the mid-season All-Star team. It is his second All-Star selection, and first since 2017 with Double-A Jackson. Cron has 23 home runs, 66 RBI and is hitting .343. His OPS, 1.261 and slugging percentage .815, both sit atop the PCL leader board. He also sits in the top three in home runs, RBI, and on-base percentage. The Aces first baseman has four games of at least two home runs, including a three-home run game against Fresno on April 25.
The PCL will look to claim their third consecutive All-Star victory after last season's 12-7 triumph at Huntington Park in Columbus, Ohio. Last season, Albuquerque Isotopes slugger Josh Fuentes was named BUSH'S® All-Star MVP for the PCL after delivering a homer and an RBI single.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 26, 2019
- Quartet of Redbirds Extend Hitting Streaks - Memphis Redbirds
- Iowa Claims 5-4 Win over Omaha - Iowa Cubs
- Express Come Back to Top Missions 4-2 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Score 17 in Come-From-Behind Win - Nashville Sounds
- Baby Cakes Bounce Dodgers, 3-1 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- 'Cakes Even Series with a Pair of Home Runs - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- OF Yadiel Hernandez & RHP Dakota Bacus to Represent Fresno at AAA ASG - Fresno Grizzlies
- Iowa Native Rea Selected to PCL All-Star Team - Iowa Cubs
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (33-45) vs Nashville Sounds (32-45) - Memphis Redbirds
- Express OF Kyle Tucker, RHP Cy Sneed Named to PCL All-Star Team - Round Rock Express
- Pacific Coast League Announces 2019 All-Star Roster - El Paso Chihuahuas
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 26, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (32-45) at Memphis Redbirds (33-45) - Nashville Sounds
- Will Smith and Kevin Quackenbush Named to Triple-A All-Star Game - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Woodford, Ravelo Named PCL All-Stars - Memphis Redbirds
- Three Aces Selected to 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game - Reno Aces
- Four Missions Named to Pacific Coast League All-Star Team - San Antonio Missions
- Diaz Named to PCL All-Star Team - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Daza, Hilliard, Valaika Elected Starters in 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Pitchers David Carpenter and Seth Maness Named Pacific Coast League All-Stars - Nashville Sounds
- PCL Reveals 2019 All-Star Roster - PCL
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Named Title Partner of the 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Ward Selected as Pacific Coast League All-Star - Salt Lake Bees
- Tucker, Hiura, Urias Among PCL All-Stars - Las Vegas Aviators
- OKC Dodgers and Kimray Partner to Benefit OKC Foster Care and Family Service Organizations Via Kimray Kids - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Minor League Baseball Launches "Hope at Bat" Fundraising and Awareness Initiative with American Cancer Society - PCL
- Reaching a Baseball Milestone - San Antonio Missions
- Stevenson continues torrid streak in Tacos 11-5 setback to Aviators - Fresno Grizzlies
- 20 Hits Just enough for Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Aces Blank Stingers - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats come up just short in wild game vs. Chihuahuas - Sacramento River Cats
- Early Rainiers Lead Wiped out in Loss to Albuquerque - Tacoma Rainiers
- Taylor Widener Sharp in Aces Shutout Victory - Reno Aces
- Mariachis Win 9-7 as Hoffman Establishes Strikeout Record - Albuquerque Isotopes
- I-Cubs Ice Chasers 5-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chasers Walk off 3-2 After Falling 12-9 in Suspended Game - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Redbirds Upended in Series Opener - Memphis Redbirds
- Missions Derail Express 10-2 in Series Opener - Round Rock Express
- Dodgers Hit Back-to-Back Homers in 8-5 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- Nevada Women's Fund Announces Event Chair, Aces GM Emily Jaenson, Keynote Speaker, Dr. Jen Welter, for 2020 Salute to Women of Achievement Luncheon
- Zack Bayrouty Named New Voice of the Reno Aces
- Hot Stove Luncheon to Feature Former MLB All-Star Orlando Hudson, Josh Barfield
- Chris Cron Back for Second Season at the Helm, Entire Field Staff Returns
- Archie & Truckee to Make Christmas Morning Visit to Renown Children's Hospital