Minor League Baseball Launches "Hope at Bat" Fundraising and Awareness Initiative with American Cancer Society
June 26, 2019 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) News Release
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - Minor League Baseball (MiLB) today announced the launch of a new fundraising and awareness initiative, Hope at Bat, an expansion of its current partnership with American Cancer Society (ACS). The initiative will launch Thursday, June 27, and continue through the remainder of the 2019 season in MiLB ballparks across the country.
To launch Hope at Bat, MiLB Charities has pledged to donate $1 per at bat in MiLB games on June 27 to ACS. Additionally, each MiLB team will designate one game date during the activation window to donate a percentage of ticket sales, its 50/50 raffle proceeds and/or round up sales at concession stands to benefit ACS.
Designated as "Hope at Bat Social Media Day," the launch will also include posts on Minor League Baseball's social media channels directing fans to HopeAtBat.org. The campaign helps support cancer patients and their families and aims to educate people about ways to help reduce the risk of cancer. To participate, fans are encouraged to join the conversation by using the hashtag #HopeAtBat and contributing to the Hope at Bat campaign.
"This is our fourth season partnering with American Cancer Society, and with the new initiative, Minor League Baseball teams and fans are coming together to fight for a world without cancer," said Courtney Nehls, assistant director of community engagement for Minor League Baseball. "Hope at Bat continues our commitment to help fight this terrible disease."
"MiLB has been an important partner in our mission to attack cancer from every angle," said Sharon Byers, chief development, marketing and communications officer of the American Cancer Society. "Hope at Bat is awareness with action, raising much needed funds and providing important information to the public about cancer risk. We couldn't be more grateful."
The American Cancer Society joined the Minor League Baseball Charity Partners Program in 2016. The following season, MiLB Charities began hosting the annual "Cover Your Bases" Sun Safety Initiative with ACS annually to add to the multitude of fundraising and awareness events teams host each year to benefit their local ACS chapters. Each donation to the American Cancer Society helps fund breakthrough cancer research and support with information, dayto-day help, and emotional support every step of the way.
Minor League Baseball Charities is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to and enhancing the communities MiLB teams call home. For more information about MiLB Charities and the Minor League Baseball Charity Partners Program, visit MiLB.com/about/charity.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 26, 2019
- Quartet of Redbirds Extend Hitting Streaks - Memphis Redbirds
- Iowa Claims 5-4 Win over Omaha - Iowa Cubs
- Express Come Back to Top Missions 4-2 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Score 17 in Come-From-Behind Win - Nashville Sounds
- Baby Cakes Bounce Dodgers, 3-1 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- 'Cakes Even Series with a Pair of Home Runs - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- OF Yadiel Hernandez & RHP Dakota Bacus to Represent Fresno at AAA ASG - Fresno Grizzlies
- Iowa Native Rea Selected to PCL All-Star Team - Iowa Cubs
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (33-45) vs Nashville Sounds (32-45) - Memphis Redbirds
- Express OF Kyle Tucker, RHP Cy Sneed Named to PCL All-Star Team - Round Rock Express
- Pacific Coast League Announces 2019 All-Star Roster - El Paso Chihuahuas
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 26, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (32-45) at Memphis Redbirds (33-45) - Nashville Sounds
- Will Smith and Kevin Quackenbush Named to Triple-A All-Star Game - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Woodford, Ravelo Named PCL All-Stars - Memphis Redbirds
- Three Aces Selected to 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game - Reno Aces
- Four Missions Named to Pacific Coast League All-Star Team - San Antonio Missions
- Diaz Named to PCL All-Star Team - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Daza, Hilliard, Valaika Elected Starters in 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Pitchers David Carpenter and Seth Maness Named Pacific Coast League All-Stars - Nashville Sounds
- PCL Reveals 2019 All-Star Roster - PCL
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Named Title Partner of the 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Ward Selected as Pacific Coast League All-Star - Salt Lake Bees
- Tucker, Hiura, Urias Among PCL All-Stars - Las Vegas Aviators
- OKC Dodgers and Kimray Partner to Benefit OKC Foster Care and Family Service Organizations Via Kimray Kids - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Minor League Baseball Launches "Hope at Bat" Fundraising and Awareness Initiative with American Cancer Society - PCL
- Reaching a Baseball Milestone - San Antonio Missions
- Stevenson continues torrid streak in Tacos 11-5 setback to Aviators - Fresno Grizzlies
- 20 Hits Just enough for Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Aces Blank Stingers - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats come up just short in wild game vs. Chihuahuas - Sacramento River Cats
- Early Rainiers Lead Wiped out in Loss to Albuquerque - Tacoma Rainiers
- Taylor Widener Sharp in Aces Shutout Victory - Reno Aces
- Mariachis Win 9-7 as Hoffman Establishes Strikeout Record - Albuquerque Isotopes
- I-Cubs Ice Chasers 5-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chasers Walk off 3-2 After Falling 12-9 in Suspended Game - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Redbirds Upended in Series Opener - Memphis Redbirds
- Missions Derail Express 10-2 in Series Opener - Round Rock Express
- Dodgers Hit Back-to-Back Homers in 8-5 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.