Pitchers David Carpenter and Seth Maness Named Pacific Coast League All-Stars
NASHVILLE - Nashville Sounds right-handed pitchers David Carpenter and Seth Maness have been named to the Pacific Coast League All-Star Team as announced by the league today. Both pitchers were selected by the Pacific Coast League office.
The 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game is scheduled for Wednesday, July 10 at 8:00 p.m. CDT at Southwest University Park in El Paso, Texas. The game will be carried live on 97.5 FM and televised on MLB Network.
Carpenter, 33, is having a standout season as Nashville's closer. In 20 games, he's 0-0 with a 2.25 ERA (20.0 IP/5 ER). The West Virginia native has converted all 10 of his save opportunities. He has allowed only 15 hits and has racked up 23 strikeouts while limiting PCL opponents to a .211 batting average. Carpenter's 10 saves are tied for second-most in the league behind only Jimmie Sherfy of Reno with 11.
Carpenter's stellar campaign earned him his first trip to the big leagues since the 2015 season. His contract was selected by the Texas Rangers on May 31 and he appeared in one game before returning to the Sounds in early June.
It's the second career All-Star Game selection for Carpenter who was named a PCL All-Star with Oklahoma City in 2011.
Maness, 30, is 4-2 with a 3.72 ERA (58.0 IP/24 ER) in 10 starts with the Sounds. In the 58.0 innings pitched, Maness has allowed 66 hits and only 6 walks to go with 34 strikeouts. His 3.72 ERA would rank sixth in the PCL but his innings amount is just shy of the league leaders threshold. Maness is tied for the team lead in quality starts with three and the Sounds are 7-3 in games he starts.
It's the third career All-Star Game selection for Maness. He was named a Florida State League All-Star with Palm Beach in 2012 and a New York-Penn League All-Star with Batavia in 2011.
The complete PCL All-Star Game roster is attached.
Former Sounds Jay Jackson (2014), Jorge Mateo (2018), Rangel Ravelo (2015-16), Paul Blackburn (2017) and Pat Venditte (2015) were named to the PCL team. Former Sounds hitting coach Eric Martins (2016-18) was named as the hitting coach for the PCL team.
The 2019 season is the 42nd in Nashville Sounds franchise history and first as the Triple-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers. Single-game tickets are available now by calling (615) 690-4487 or by visiting www.nashvillesounds.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 26, 2019
- Quartet of Redbirds Extend Hitting Streaks - Memphis Redbirds
- Iowa Claims 5-4 Win over Omaha - Iowa Cubs
- Express Come Back to Top Missions 4-2 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Score 17 in Come-From-Behind Win - Nashville Sounds
- Baby Cakes Bounce Dodgers, 3-1 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- 'Cakes Even Series with a Pair of Home Runs - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- OF Yadiel Hernandez & RHP Dakota Bacus to Represent Fresno at AAA ASG - Fresno Grizzlies
- Iowa Native Rea Selected to PCL All-Star Team - Iowa Cubs
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (33-45) vs Nashville Sounds (32-45) - Memphis Redbirds
- Express OF Kyle Tucker, RHP Cy Sneed Named to PCL All-Star Team - Round Rock Express
- Pacific Coast League Announces 2019 All-Star Roster - El Paso Chihuahuas
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 26, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (32-45) at Memphis Redbirds (33-45) - Nashville Sounds
- Will Smith and Kevin Quackenbush Named to Triple-A All-Star Game - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Woodford, Ravelo Named PCL All-Stars - Memphis Redbirds
- Three Aces Selected to 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game - Reno Aces
- Four Missions Named to Pacific Coast League All-Star Team - San Antonio Missions
- Diaz Named to PCL All-Star Team - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Daza, Hilliard, Valaika Elected Starters in 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Pitchers David Carpenter and Seth Maness Named Pacific Coast League All-Stars - Nashville Sounds
- PCL Reveals 2019 All-Star Roster - PCL
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Named Title Partner of the 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Ward Selected as Pacific Coast League All-Star - Salt Lake Bees
- Tucker, Hiura, Urias Among PCL All-Stars - Las Vegas Aviators
- OKC Dodgers and Kimray Partner to Benefit OKC Foster Care and Family Service Organizations Via Kimray Kids - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Minor League Baseball Launches "Hope at Bat" Fundraising and Awareness Initiative with American Cancer Society - PCL
- Reaching a Baseball Milestone - San Antonio Missions
- Stevenson continues torrid streak in Tacos 11-5 setback to Aviators - Fresno Grizzlies
- 20 Hits Just enough for Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Aces Blank Stingers - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats come up just short in wild game vs. Chihuahuas - Sacramento River Cats
- Early Rainiers Lead Wiped out in Loss to Albuquerque - Tacoma Rainiers
- Taylor Widener Sharp in Aces Shutout Victory - Reno Aces
- Mariachis Win 9-7 as Hoffman Establishes Strikeout Record - Albuquerque Isotopes
- I-Cubs Ice Chasers 5-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chasers Walk off 3-2 After Falling 12-9 in Suspended Game - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Redbirds Upended in Series Opener - Memphis Redbirds
- Missions Derail Express 10-2 in Series Opener - Round Rock Express
- Dodgers Hit Back-to-Back Homers in 8-5 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Sounds to Host Job Fair for GLOW Nashville on Monday, October 28 at First Tennessee Park
- Nashville Sounds Nominated for Prestigious Minor League Baseball Honor
- Sounds Win Season Finale on Walk-Off
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (65-72) vs. San Antonio Missions (80-59)
- Dillard Dazzles in Front of Sellout Crowd