Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (32-45) at Memphis Redbirds (33-45)
Game #78: Nashville Sounds (32-45) at Memphis Redbirds (33-45)
Pitching Matchup: RHP Seth Maness (4-2, 3.72) vs. RHP Harold Arauz (3-1, 5.58)
First Pitch: 6:35 CST
Radio: 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
From the Notes
Seth Maness: 30-year-old Seth Maness starts for the Sounds tonight. The right-hander is 4-2 with a 3.72 ERA in 10 starts with Nashville. Maness has tossed 58.0 innings and has allowed 66 hits and 6 walks to go along with 34 strikeouts. He last pitched on June 20 in a start at New Orleans. He was tagged with the loss after he allowed 5 runs (4 earned runs) on 8 hits in 7.0 innings. He also struck out a season-high 7 batters. Maness spent his 2018 season with Triple-A Omaha but made only 5 appearances (1 start) and went 0-1 with a 4.63 ERA in 11.2 innings. The veteran has pitched in the big leagues with the St. Louis Cardinals (2013-16) and the Kansas City Royals (2017). In 252 Major League games, the North Carolina native is 18-10 with a 3.21 ERA. Maness is 24-12 with a 3.41 ERA in 90 games (49 starts) in his minor league career. The St. Louis Cardinals drafted him in the 11th round of the 2011 MLB Draft out of East Carolina University.
All-Star Nods: Right-handed pitchers David Carpenter and Seth Maness were named Pacific Coast League All-Stars today. It's the second career All-Star Game selection for Carpenter who was named a PCL All-Star with Oklahoma City in 2011. It's the third career All-Star Game selection for Maness. He was named a Florida State League All-Star with Palm Beach in 2012 and a New York-Penn League All-Star with Batavia in 2011.
Trippin: The Sounds improved to 4-2 on the 9-game road trip with last night's 10-4 win. The team is hitting .315 (70-for-222) and is scoring 6.5 runs per game (39/6). Nashville has 12 doubles and 12 home runs during the trip. Pitchers have compiled a 5.02 ERA (52.0 IP/29 ER) and have allowed 61 hits and 17 walks to go along with 46 strikeouts. Amongst several Sounds who are having a nice trip at the plate, Zack Granite has the highest average at .387 (12-for-31).
The New Guys vs. Arauz: Memphis starter Harold Arauz has faced two current Nashville Sounds this year - Christian Lopes and Juremi Profar. Lopes is 2-for-3 with a triple and Profar is 2-for-5 with 3 runs scored, 1 RBI and 1 walk.
18 Hit Attack: Nashville's 18 hits last night were a season-high, surpassing the previous best of 16. The Sounds had 16 hits on June 4 at Reno, May 29 vs. Round Rock and May 26 vs. Round Rock.
Granite's Big Night: Outfielder Zack Granite matched a season and career-high with 4 hits last night. It's the second time Granite has had 4 hits in a game this year and the fifth time of his career. It's also the fourth time a Sounds player has had 4 hits in a game this year (Carlos Tocci and Hunter Cole).
What's the word around Nashville?
Minor League Baseball (@MiLB)
Hear from one of the @nashvillesounds players part of what could end up being the catch of the year! atmilb.com/2ZP4fBP #Rangers
Alexa. Play The Avengers theme song #SCTop10 (via @memphisredbirds)
Wake Up Zone (@WUZ1045)
ICYMI: @nashvillesounds made @SportsCenter #Top10
Nashville Sounds (@nashvillesounds)
Congratulations to pitchers @DCarpenter29 and Seth Maness who have been named Pacific Coast League All-Stars! Info: atmilb.com/2Fzt1OG #SoundsRemastered
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 26, 2019
- Quartet of Redbirds Extend Hitting Streaks - Memphis Redbirds
- Iowa Claims 5-4 Win over Omaha - Iowa Cubs
- Express Come Back to Top Missions 4-2 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Score 17 in Come-From-Behind Win - Nashville Sounds
- Baby Cakes Bounce Dodgers, 3-1 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- 'Cakes Even Series with a Pair of Home Runs - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- OF Yadiel Hernandez & RHP Dakota Bacus to Represent Fresno at AAA ASG - Fresno Grizzlies
- Iowa Native Rea Selected to PCL All-Star Team - Iowa Cubs
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (33-45) vs Nashville Sounds (32-45) - Memphis Redbirds
- Express OF Kyle Tucker, RHP Cy Sneed Named to PCL All-Star Team - Round Rock Express
- Pacific Coast League Announces 2019 All-Star Roster - El Paso Chihuahuas
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 26, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (32-45) at Memphis Redbirds (33-45) - Nashville Sounds
- Will Smith and Kevin Quackenbush Named to Triple-A All-Star Game - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Woodford, Ravelo Named PCL All-Stars - Memphis Redbirds
- Three Aces Selected to 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game - Reno Aces
- Four Missions Named to Pacific Coast League All-Star Team - San Antonio Missions
- Diaz Named to PCL All-Star Team - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Daza, Hilliard, Valaika Elected Starters in 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Pitchers David Carpenter and Seth Maness Named Pacific Coast League All-Stars - Nashville Sounds
- PCL Reveals 2019 All-Star Roster - PCL
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Named Title Partner of the 2019 Triple-A All-Star Game - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Ward Selected as Pacific Coast League All-Star - Salt Lake Bees
- Tucker, Hiura, Urias Among PCL All-Stars - Las Vegas Aviators
- OKC Dodgers and Kimray Partner to Benefit OKC Foster Care and Family Service Organizations Via Kimray Kids - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Minor League Baseball Launches "Hope at Bat" Fundraising and Awareness Initiative with American Cancer Society - PCL
- Reaching a Baseball Milestone - San Antonio Missions
- Stevenson continues torrid streak in Tacos 11-5 setback to Aviators - Fresno Grizzlies
- 20 Hits Just enough for Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Aces Blank Stingers - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats come up just short in wild game vs. Chihuahuas - Sacramento River Cats
- Early Rainiers Lead Wiped out in Loss to Albuquerque - Tacoma Rainiers
- Taylor Widener Sharp in Aces Shutout Victory - Reno Aces
- Mariachis Win 9-7 as Hoffman Establishes Strikeout Record - Albuquerque Isotopes
- I-Cubs Ice Chasers 5-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chasers Walk off 3-2 After Falling 12-9 in Suspended Game - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Redbirds Upended in Series Opener - Memphis Redbirds
- Missions Derail Express 10-2 in Series Opener - Round Rock Express
- Dodgers Hit Back-to-Back Homers in 8-5 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Nashville Sounds Foundation Now Accepting Applications for the 2021 Scholarship Program
- Nashville Sounds Announce "Work from Home Plate" Program at First Horizon Park
- Nashville Sounds Statement on the Affiliate Invitation from the Milwaukee Brewers
- Sounds' 2020 Holiday Bundle on Sale Now
- Nashville Sounds to Host Blood Drive at First Horizon Park