Almeida and Reilly Reassigned to Penguins from Wheeling
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today that forward Justin Almeida and defenseman Will Reilly have been reassigned by the Pittsburgh Penguins to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton from their ECHL affiliate, the Wheeling Nailers.
Almeida was selected by Pittsburgh in the fifth round (129th overall) of the 2018 NHL Entry Draft. He is tied for the Nailers' team lead with nine goals, despite playing in only six games. The Kitimat, British Columbia native also added three assists in his six games with Wheeling for 12 total points.
This season with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Almeida played in two games and did not record any points. Through 22 career AHL games with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, the 22-year-old has posted three goals and two assists for five points.
Reilly, 24, made his Nailers debut on Nov. 24, one day after being reassigned by Pittsburgh. The defenseman logged three assists in that game and followed up that performance with a two-goal, one-assist outing two days later. In three games with Wheeling, Reilly gathered six points (2G-4A).
Reilly has appeared in five games this season with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and did not post any points in that time. As a rookie in 2020-21, the blueliner recorded three goals and three assists for six points in 26 games for the Penguins.
Selected by Pittsburgh with the final pick in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft (217th overall), Reilly has never suited up for the Nailers before. Prior to turning pro, the Toronto, Ontario native played four seasons at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. At R.P.I., he topped the team's defensemen in goals at the end of three of his four seasons.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton is on the road for its next game on Friday, Dec. 3 against the Syracuse Crunch. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. at Upstate Medical University Arena at The Oncenter War Memorial. The Penguins return home to face off against the Charlotte Checkers the next day on Saturday, Dec. 4 for their annual Teddy Bear Toss Game. Game time for the Penguins and Checkers is scheduled for 6:05 p.m. at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza.
Individual game tickets and season-ticket packages for the 2021-22 season are on sale now. Full-Season, 22- game, 12-game, Flexbook and Premium Seating plans are available by reaching out to the Penguins directly at (570) 208-7367.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 1, 2021
- Dellandrea Seals Stars Win in First-Ever Meeting with Laval - Texas Stars
- Barratt, Morrison and McLaughlin Take Down Admirals to Start Road Trip - Rockford IceHogs
- Utica Goaltender Schmid Shuts out Senators - Utica Comets
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Robinson - San Diego Gulls
- Abbotsford Canucks First Intermission Teddy Bear Toss for Toys for Tots - Abbotsford Canucks
- Annunen Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Coyotes Assign Fasching to Tucson Roadrunners - Tucson Roadrunners
- Monsters Recall D-Man Giovanni Vallati from ECHL's Kalamazoo Wings - Cleveland Monsters
- Matias Maccelli Named Rookie of Month - Tucson Roadrunners
- Martin Frk Named AHL Player of the Month - Ontario Reign
- Annunen Named AHL Goaltender of the Month for November - Colorado Eagles
- Barracuda Announce Upcoming Promotions - San Jose Barracuda
- Frk, Maccelli, Annunen Named AHL Award Winners for November - AHL
- AHL Announces Postponements, Schedule Changes - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- $2 Beer Friday and Blackout Cancer Saturday in Condorstown - Bakersfield Condors
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Dmitry Semykin from Syracuse Crunch to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Wade Allison Activated, Max Willman Returns - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Ticketing Update - Marlies vs. Thunderbirds December 4th - Toronto Marlies
- Teddy Bear Toss Set for December 11 - Charlotte Checkers
- AHL Announces Changes That Affect Bridgeport Islanders Home Games - Bridgeport Islanders
- American Hockey League Announces Game Postponements, Schedule Changes - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Announce Postponement of Games on December 3rd and 4th - Hartford Wolf Pack
- American Hockey League Announces Game Postponements, Schedule Changes - Springfield Thunderbirds
- American Hockey League Announces Game Postponements, Schedule Changes - Syracuse Crunch
- Hershey Bears Games December 4 and December 5 Postponed - Hershey Bears
- AHL Announces Game Postponements - Utica Comets
- AHL Announces Providence Bruins Schedule Changes - Providence Bruins
- American Hockey League Announces Game Postponements, Schedule Changes - AHL
- Wolves Bring in Brickley - Chicago Wolves
- McCarron Reassigned to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Sean Day to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Goaltender Pavel Francouz Reassigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Kraken Recall Kole Lind and Joey Daccord - Charlotte Checkers
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Almeida and Reilly Reassigned to Penguins from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 7 - Bridgeport Islanders
- IceHogs Open December Schedule and Three-Game Road Trip Tonight in Milwaukee - Rockford IceHogs
- Phil Di Giuseppe, Abby Canucks Deke out Reign for Big Win Tuesday Night - Abbotsford Canucks
- Abbotsford Holds off Reign - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Falls at Hershey, 6-2
- Penguins Weekly
- Game Preview - January 25 at Hershey
- Penguins Mash Monsters, 5-1
- Nylander, Puustinen Lead Penguins Rally for 3-2 OT Win