Matias Maccelli Named Rookie of Month
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League announced today that Tucson Roadrunners forward Matias Maccelli has been named the league's Rookie of the Month for November.
Originally a second-round choice by Detroit in the 2012 NHL Draft, Frk has played 118 games in the National Hockey League with Carolina, Detroit and Los Angeles, recording 18 goals and 21 assists for 39 points.
Maccell tallied six goals and eight assists for 14 points in eight games for Tucson during November. He is the hottest player in the AHL since November 6th with 14 points (six goals, eight assists) in his last seven games. He leads Tucson with 17 points in 14 games on six goals and 11 assists. Maccelli leads Tucson in every offensive statistical category including: goals (6), assists (11), points (17), power-play goals (3) and power-play points (5)
After notching an assist at Henderson on Nov. 6, Maccelli scored the first three goals of his AHL career on Nov. 12, part of a five-point night in an 8-4 win over Ontario. He picked up another assist on Nov. 13 against Ontario, and finished the month with goals in three straight games, beginning with the Roadrunners' 2-1 win at Iowa on Nov. 21. Maccelli tallied a goal and an assist in a 4-1 win over Abbotsford on Nov. 26, and notched a goal and three assists as Tucson rallied for a 5-4 victory over the Canucks on Nov. 27.
A fourth-round choice by Arizona in the 2019 NHL Draft, the 21-year-old Maccelli played the last two seasons with Ilves Tampere in Finland's SM-liiga, and represented Finland at the 2020 IIHF World Junior Championship.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 1, 2021
- Dellandrea Seals Stars Win in First-Ever Meeting with Laval - Texas Stars
- Barratt, Morrison and McLaughlin Take Down Admirals to Start Road Trip - Rockford IceHogs
- Utica Goaltender Schmid Shuts out Senators - Utica Comets
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Robinson - San Diego Gulls
- Abbotsford Canucks First Intermission Teddy Bear Toss for Toys for Tots - Abbotsford Canucks
- Annunen Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Coyotes Assign Fasching to Tucson Roadrunners - Tucson Roadrunners
- Monsters Recall D-Man Giovanni Vallati from ECHL's Kalamazoo Wings - Cleveland Monsters
- Matias Maccelli Named Rookie of Month - Tucson Roadrunners
- Martin Frk Named AHL Player of the Month - Ontario Reign
- Annunen Named AHL Goaltender of the Month for November - Colorado Eagles
- Barracuda Announce Upcoming Promotions - San Jose Barracuda
- Frk, Maccelli, Annunen Named AHL Award Winners for November - AHL
- AHL Announces Postponements, Schedule Changes - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- $2 Beer Friday and Blackout Cancer Saturday in Condorstown - Bakersfield Condors
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Dmitry Semykin from Syracuse Crunch to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Wade Allison Activated, Max Willman Returns - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Ticketing Update - Marlies vs. Thunderbirds December 4th - Toronto Marlies
- Teddy Bear Toss Set for December 11 - Charlotte Checkers
- AHL Announces Changes That Affect Bridgeport Islanders Home Games - Bridgeport Islanders
- American Hockey League Announces Game Postponements, Schedule Changes - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Announce Postponement of Games on December 3rd and 4th - Hartford Wolf Pack
- American Hockey League Announces Game Postponements, Schedule Changes - Springfield Thunderbirds
- American Hockey League Announces Game Postponements, Schedule Changes - Syracuse Crunch
- Hershey Bears Games December 4 and December 5 Postponed - Hershey Bears
- AHL Announces Game Postponements - Utica Comets
- AHL Announces Providence Bruins Schedule Changes - Providence Bruins
- American Hockey League Announces Game Postponements, Schedule Changes - AHL
- Wolves Bring in Brickley - Chicago Wolves
- McCarron Reassigned to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Sean Day to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Goaltender Pavel Francouz Reassigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Kraken Recall Kole Lind and Joey Daccord - Charlotte Checkers
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Almeida and Reilly Reassigned to Penguins from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 7 - Bridgeport Islanders
- IceHogs Open December Schedule and Three-Game Road Trip Tonight in Milwaukee - Rockford IceHogs
- Phil Di Giuseppe, Abby Canucks Deke out Reign for Big Win Tuesday Night - Abbotsford Canucks
- Abbotsford Holds off Reign - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.