Dellandrea Seals Stars Win in First-Ever Meeting with Laval
LAVAL, QC, Canada - The Texas Stars, American Hockey League affiliate of the NHL's Dallas Stars, knocked off the Laval Rocket 4-3 in overtime Wednesday at Place Bell thanks to a goal from Ty Dellandrea 50 seconds into the extra session.
Texas took an early lead in the teams' first-ever meeting when Alex Petrovic threw a shot toward the net, and the puck ricocheted off of Nick Camaano and past Cayden Primeau. At 10:31, Louie Belpedio snapped a wrist shot past Adam Scheel to tie the game at 1-1 after being left all alone in the slot. Jean-Sébastien Dea received a penalty shot late in the period, the first against the Stars this year, but the Laval forward was unable to beat Scheel. The two teams closed out the first period with nine combined shots on goal.
The Stars started out the second period just like the first, where 3:30 in, Anthony Louis scored his 50th career AHL goal. Thanks to a Rocket turnover from the corner, Louis found himself in the middle of the slot and buried a backhander over the glove of Primeau. Late in the period, with Laval already short-handed, Alex Belzile went to the box for slashing, giving the stars a 5-on-3 power play. Louis scored his second of the night when he fired a one timer from the right circle on a setup pass from Riley Damiani. The assist extended Damiani's point streak to six games.
In the final frame, Texas had a two-goal lead until a pass from Corey Schueneman found Rafaël Harvey-Pinard all alone at the edge of the crease. Harvey-Pinard lifted a shot over the left pad of Scheel, cutting the Stars lead in half. With 2:10 remaining, Dauphin tucked home the equalizer off of a rebound in front, forcing overtime.
Just 50 seconds into overtime, Ben Gleason set up Ty Dellandrea on a breakaway, and Dellandrea was able to sneak the game-winner past Primeau. Scheel stopped 32 of 35 shots on goal.
3 STARS OF THE GAME presented by Xerox Business Solutions Southwest
Ty Dellandrea (TEX)
Anthony Louis (TEX)
Rafael Harvey-Pinard (LAV)
The Texas Stars are the primary development affiliate of the NHL's Dallas Stars. For more information, call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit TexasStars.com.
Images from this story
Ty Dellandrea and the Texas Stars against the Laval Rocket
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 1, 2021
- Dellandrea Seals Stars Win in First-Ever Meeting with Laval - Texas Stars
- Barratt, Morrison and McLaughlin Take Down Admirals to Start Road Trip - Rockford IceHogs
- Utica Goaltender Schmid Shuts out Senators - Utica Comets
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Robinson - San Diego Gulls
- Abbotsford Canucks First Intermission Teddy Bear Toss for Toys for Tots - Abbotsford Canucks
- Annunen Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Coyotes Assign Fasching to Tucson Roadrunners - Tucson Roadrunners
- Monsters Recall D-Man Giovanni Vallati from ECHL's Kalamazoo Wings - Cleveland Monsters
- Matias Maccelli Named Rookie of Month - Tucson Roadrunners
- Martin Frk Named AHL Player of the Month - Ontario Reign
- Annunen Named AHL Goaltender of the Month for November - Colorado Eagles
- Barracuda Announce Upcoming Promotions - San Jose Barracuda
- Frk, Maccelli, Annunen Named AHL Award Winners for November - AHL
- AHL Announces Postponements, Schedule Changes - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- $2 Beer Friday and Blackout Cancer Saturday in Condorstown - Bakersfield Condors
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Dmitry Semykin from Syracuse Crunch to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Wade Allison Activated, Max Willman Returns - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Ticketing Update - Marlies vs. Thunderbirds December 4th - Toronto Marlies
- Teddy Bear Toss Set for December 11 - Charlotte Checkers
- AHL Announces Changes That Affect Bridgeport Islanders Home Games - Bridgeport Islanders
- American Hockey League Announces Game Postponements, Schedule Changes - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Announce Postponement of Games on December 3rd and 4th - Hartford Wolf Pack
- American Hockey League Announces Game Postponements, Schedule Changes - Springfield Thunderbirds
- American Hockey League Announces Game Postponements, Schedule Changes - Syracuse Crunch
- Hershey Bears Games December 4 and December 5 Postponed - Hershey Bears
- AHL Announces Game Postponements - Utica Comets
- AHL Announces Providence Bruins Schedule Changes - Providence Bruins
- American Hockey League Announces Game Postponements, Schedule Changes - AHL
- Wolves Bring in Brickley - Chicago Wolves
- McCarron Reassigned to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Sean Day to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Goaltender Pavel Francouz Reassigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Kraken Recall Kole Lind and Joey Daccord - Charlotte Checkers
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Almeida and Reilly Reassigned to Penguins from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 7 - Bridgeport Islanders
- IceHogs Open December Schedule and Three-Game Road Trip Tonight in Milwaukee - Rockford IceHogs
- Phil Di Giuseppe, Abby Canucks Deke out Reign for Big Win Tuesday Night - Abbotsford Canucks
- Abbotsford Holds off Reign - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Stars Stories
- Valiant Comeback Leads Stars to Overtime Point in Milwaukee
- Stars Top Checkers 6-5 in Sunday's Matinee
- Stars Drop Opener of Six-Game Road Trip in Charlotte
- Dallas Stars Reassign Defenseman Thomas Harley to Taxi Squad
- Dallas Stars Reassign Forward Riley Damiani to Taxi Squad