Admirals Fall to Monsters
Cleveland, OH- Two even strength goals in the final four minutes of regulation helped the Cleveland Monsters turn back the Milwaukee Admirals in a 5-4 win at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse on Saturday afternoon.
Trailing the Admirals 4-3 after Rem Pitlick's power play goal at 10:15 of the third period, the Monsters got a pair of late goals to win for the second straight game. Dillon Simpson fired a shot from the left point and through a screen at 16:22 to tie the game, and Adam Clendening's point shot through traffic on the right side at 18:16 lifted the Monsters to the victory. Simpson had a goal and three assists for Cleveland.
Daniel Carr and Frederick Gaudreau had multi-point games with a goal and an assist each for the Admirals. Carr got the scoring started at 16:04 of the first period with his 13th goal of the season, while Gaudreau gave the Admirals a 3-2 lead through two periods on his shorthanded breakaway goal with 11 seconds left in the period.
Anthony Richard scored his second goal in as many games, a power play tally with two minutes left in the second period to tie the game at 2-2. Milwaukee was 2-for-3 on the power play, scoring with the man advantage for the sixth straight game.
The loss was just the sixth in regulation this season for the AHL-leading Admirals.
The Admirals play four of the next five and three in a row at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena beginning on Wednesday when they host the Grand Rapids Griffins at 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 4, 2020
- Oettinger, Stars Blank Griffins 4-0 - Texas Stars
- Iowa Earns 5-1 Victory against Chicago in Convincing Fashion - Iowa Wild
- Heat Offense Cooled in Saturday Setback - Stockton Heat
- Moose Work Overtime to Topple Colorado - Manitoba Moose
- Post Game Notes: Stars 4 vs. Griffins 0 1.4.20 - Texas Stars
- Wild Power Past Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Third Period Surge Stifles Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Huska Backstops Pack to Win over Utica - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Young Talents Score in Exciting Game at Belleville - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Colorado Runs Point Streak to 11 Games, Fall to Moose 4-3 in OT - Colorado Eagles
- P-Bruins Shutout by Charlotte Checkers, 4-0 - Providence Bruins
- Bears Pull out Late Victory over Sound Tigers - Hershey Bears
- Amerks Close out Road Swing with Loss to Marlies - Rochester Americans
- Ladd scores in 1,000th professional game on Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Tippett & Hunt Spark 3rd Period Blitz in 6-3 Win over Penguins - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Crunch Fall Short to Rocket, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Downed by Atlantic-Leading Hartford - Utica Comets
- Checkers Ring in 2020 with Shutout Win over Bruins - Charlotte Checkers
- Sens Secure First Win of the Decade - Belleville Senators
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Sherwood and Sprong - San Diego Gulls
- Kings Recall Forbort from Conditioning Loan - Ontario Reign
- Monsters Defeat Admirals 5-4 in Front of 11,387 Fans - Cleveland Monsters
- Admirals Fall to Monsters - Milwaukee Admirals
- Next Gen Takes over as Marlies Host Americans - Toronto Marlies
- Penguins Sign Forward Cole Cassels - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Syracuse Crunch Recall Goaltender Zach Fucale from Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Ottawa Recalls Batherson - Belleville Senators
- Dallas Stars Reassign Forward Joel Kiviranta to Texas - Texas Stars
- Game 33 Preview: San Jose at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Heat Seek Weekend Sweep of Ontario Saturday - Stockton Heat
- Minnesota Recalls Defenseman Louie Belpedio from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Sound Tigers, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Phantoms, January 4 - Belleville Senators
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, January 4, 2020 at Toronto Marlies - Rochester Americans
- Prosvetov Oustanding As Roadrunners Begin 2020 With Another Win - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Rebound from Slow Start, but Fall 3-2 - San Diego Gulls
- Werner, Colorado Shutout Moose, 1-0 - Manitoba Moose
- Condors Extend Point Streak with 3-2 Road Win - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Pull Away from Reign in 6-3 Win - Stockton Heat
- Reign Get Smacked by Stockton - Ontario Reign
- Barracuda Put 39 Shots on Net But Fall 5-1 at Tucson - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Milwaukee Admirals Stories
- Admirals Hammer IceHogs
- Admirals Fall Late to Wild
- Russell Dickerson to Perform Post-Game Saturday Night
- Admirals Fend off Moose
- Admirals Shutout by Moose