Rampage Acquire Nebsitt from Oklahoma City, Recall Houser
SAN ANTONIO (Jan. 17, 2014) - San Antonio Rampage General Manager Mike Santos announced today that the American Hockey League (AHL) club has acquired forward Derek Nesbitt from the Oklahoma City Barons in exchange for forward Jack Combs. In addition, goaltender Michael Houser has been recalled from the team's ECHL affiliate, the Cincinnati Cyclones.
Nesbitt, 31, is in his ninth professional season and ranked fourth on the Barons in scoring this year with 10 goals and 19 points through 38 games. The Edgmondville, Ontario native rejoins the Rampage where he collected 6 goals and 15 points in 49 games during the 2008-09 campaign. Nesbitt has totaled 102 goals, 120 assists, and 222 points in 358 career AHL games with Rockford, San Antonio, Manitoba, Peoria, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, and Oklahoma City.
Prior to his professional career, Nesbitt skated four seasons at Ferris State University amassing 59 goals, 83 assists, and 142 points in 154 games with the Bulldogs where he was also a three-year teammate of Rampage captain Greg Rallo.
Combs, 25, had two assists in 19 games with the Rampage and nine goals and 13 points in 8 games with Cincinnati.
Houser, 21, is in his second professional season, and made his AHL debut with the Rampage on Oct. 13, earning the win for his first start. Through 10 games with the Silver and Black this year, the Youngstown, Ohio native is 5-4-0 with a 2.87 goals-against average and a 0.902 save percentage. In 12 games with Cincinnati, Houser is 5-6-1 with a 2.24 goals-against and a 0.924 save percentage.
The Rampage will face off against the Rochester Americans Saturday at the AT&T Center. The game falls on a Magic 105.4 Dollar Hot Dog Night, and is the fifth of a season-high eight-game home-stand for the Rampage. Tickets can be purchased by calling a Rampage representative at 210-444-5554 or online at sarampage.com .
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 17, 2014
- Barons Fall to Rochester, 4-3 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Monsters Fall to Wild 6-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets lose to Albany - Utica Comets
- Wolves' Home Winning Streak Ends at Seven - Chicago Wolves
- Sharks Slip Past Admirals in Shootout - Norfolk Admirals
- The Pack Strikes Back - Adirondack Phantoms
- Griffins Douse Heat, 3-0 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Binghamton Bounces Bridgeport 6-2 - Binghamton Senators
- Amerks' Power-Play Too Much for Barons - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Edge Bears 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Shut out Heat 3-0 - Abbotsford Heat
- Sharks Kick off Four Game Road Trip with 4th Straight Win - Worcester Sharks
- Nearly 8,000 Sees Wild Tame Monsters 6-1 - Iowa Wild
- Bruins Exact Revenge on Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Routed by Texas - Charlotte Checkers
- Senators win over Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Falcons Swoop Past Pirates in Shootout - Portland Pirates
- Devils Tie Franchise Mark In 8-3 Win - Albany Devils
- Falcons End Skid, Top Pirates In Shootout - Springfield Falcons
- P-Bruins Defeat Wilkes-Barre/Scranton 5-1 - Providence Bruins
- Wolf Pack win 4-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Morin's Five-Point Night Leads Texas to 7-1 Blowout - Texas Stars
- Crunch Hold on to Defeat Bears - Hershey Bears
- IceCaps Drop Monarchs 4-1 - St. John's IceCaps
- Pasq-Walled - Manchester Monarchs
- Comet Tales: Keith Kinkaid - Utica Comets
- Kabanov Loaned to Modo of Swedish Elite League - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Heat Announce Heros Hockey Education Partnership - Abbotsford Heat
- Texas Stars Foundation to Host 4th Annual Casino Night - Texas Stars
- Coyotes Assign Klesla to Portland - Portland Pirates
- Dietz, Mayer Join Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Hour on Monday, January - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Anaheim Reassigns Goaltender John Gibson to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Wild Shuffles the Deck with Three Roster Moves - Iowa Wild
- Admirals Recall Ezekiel; Anaheim Reassigns Bobkov to Utah - Norfolk Admirals
- Florida Panthers Acquire C Ryan Martindale from Edmonton - San Antonio Rampage
- Rampage Acquire Nebsitt from Oklahoma City, Recall Houser - San Antonio Rampage
- The Great Skate Winterfest Returns this Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Predators Reassign Mazanec to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Jaskin Returns to Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Gameday: Comets vs. Albany - Utica Comets
- Texas Stars Return Brock Montgomery to Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Jets Re-Assign Carl Klingberg to IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Bulldogs Home Game on January 26th Moved to 4:00 p.m. - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Frozen Frontier to be Featured in Next Episode of "Beyond Blue & Gold" on MSG - Rochester Americans
- IceCaps Recall Cody Sol; Sign Jamie MacQueen to PTO - St. John's IceCaps
- Canadiens Recall Beaulieu and Nattinen - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Thomas Larkin Reassigned to Springfield - Springfield Falcons
- Pirates Face Falcons in First of Four at Colisee - Portland Pirates
- Detroit Recalls Emmerton - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Nip Milwaukee 5-4 in a Shootout - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Rampage Stories
- Jake Walman Named Rampage 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty Man of the Year
- Admirals Top Rampage with Third Period Outburst
- Ingram Leads Admirals to Shutout Win over Rampage
- Stars Defeat Chimuelos on Late Robertson Goal
- Comeback Effort Falls Short against Grand Rapids