Frozen Frontier to be Featured in Next Episode of "Beyond Blue & Gold" on MSG
(Rochester, NY)... The Rochester Americans' first-ever outdoor game, which took place on Dec. 13, 2013 versus the Lake Erie Monsters at Frontier Field as part of the Greater Rochester Area Honda Dealers Frozen Frontier presented by Labatt, will be featured on MSG in the next episode of "Beyond Blue & Gold," the award-winning video series that takes fans behind the scenes of the Buffalo Sabres organization.
The new half-hour program, which includes an in-depth look at the outdoor game experience for Amerks players and coaches, will premiere at 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 18 prior to MSG's coverage of the Sabres' game against the Columbus Blue Jackets, which begins at 6:30 p.m. with the Tops Game Night pregame show, followed by the game broadcast at 7:00 p.m. The program will then be re-aired after the game, at 10:00 p.m.
The Frozen Frontier game saw the Amerks rally from a two-goal deficit in regulation before eventually defeating Lake Erie 5-4 in a dramatic shootout in frigid temperatures outdoors at Rochester's downtown baseball stadium in front of a standing room-only crowd.
Also included in the next episode is an extended look at the installation of Pat LaFontaine and Ted Nolan in their new roles within the Sabres organization. The episode provides a recap of their introductory press conference in Nov. 2013 and one-on-one interviews with LaFontaine and Nolan as they lay out a plan for a new era of Sabres hockey.
"Beyond Blue & Gold" is an in-depth look at the Buffalo Sabres organization that includes behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with the team's players, coaches and front office personnel. Cameras have been following the team since last season and have captured everything from offseason workouts, the NHL Entry Draft, rookie development camp and the buildup to the 2013-14 NHL season. The first season of "Beyond Blue & Gold," which contained 13 episodes spanning the duration of the 2012-13 NHL season, took home three Telly Awards in July 2013.
New episodes of "Beyond Blue & Gold" will premiere every few weeks on Sabres.com, Amerks.com and the Buffalo Sabres' official YouTube channel.
MSG will continue to air the packages of "Beyond Blue & Gold" episodes throughout the season and as the series progresses. Viewers in the Buffalo and Rochester markets will have several chances to catch "Beyond Blue & Gold" on MSG. Fans are encouraged to check their local listings for future airtimes.
For more information or to purchase tickets to an Amerks game, visit www.amerks.com or call 1-855-GO-AMERKS.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 17, 2014
- Barons Fall to Rochester, 4-3 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Monsters Fall to Wild 6-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets lose to Albany - Utica Comets
- Wolves' Home Winning Streak Ends at Seven - Chicago Wolves
- Sharks Slip Past Admirals in Shootout - Norfolk Admirals
- The Pack Strikes Back - Adirondack Phantoms
- Griffins Douse Heat, 3-0 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Binghamton Bounces Bridgeport 6-2 - Binghamton Senators
- Amerks' Power-Play Too Much for Barons - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Edge Bears 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Shut out Heat 3-0 - Abbotsford Heat
- Sharks Kick off Four Game Road Trip with 4th Straight Win - Worcester Sharks
- Nearly 8,000 Sees Wild Tame Monsters 6-1 - Iowa Wild
- Bruins Exact Revenge on Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Routed by Texas - Charlotte Checkers
- Senators win over Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Islanders
- Falcons Swoop Past Pirates in Shootout - Portland Pirates
- Devils Tie Franchise Mark In 8-3 Win - Albany Devils
- Falcons End Skid, Top Pirates In Shootout - Springfield Falcons
- P-Bruins Defeat Wilkes-Barre/Scranton 5-1 - Providence Bruins
- Wolf Pack win 4-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Morin's Five-Point Night Leads Texas to 7-1 Blowout - Texas Stars
- Crunch Hold on to Defeat Bears - Hershey Bears
- IceCaps Drop Monarchs 4-1 - St. John's IceCaps
- Pasq-Walled - Manchester Monarchs
- Comet Tales: Keith Kinkaid - Utica Comets
- Kabanov Loaned to Modo of Swedish Elite League - Bridgeport Islanders
- Heat Announce Heros Hockey Education Partnership - Abbotsford Heat
- Texas Stars Foundation to Host 4th Annual Casino Night - Texas Stars
- Coyotes Assign Klesla to Portland - Portland Pirates
- Dietz, Mayer Join Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Hour on Monday, January - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Anaheim Reassigns Goaltender John Gibson to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Wild Shuffles the Deck with Three Roster Moves - Iowa Wild
- Admirals Recall Ezekiel; Anaheim Reassigns Bobkov to Utah - Norfolk Admirals
- Florida Panthers Acquire C Ryan Martindale from Edmonton - San Antonio Rampage
- Rampage Acquire Nebsitt from Oklahoma City, Recall Houser - San Antonio Rampage
- The Great Skate Winterfest Returns this Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Predators Reassign Mazanec to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Jaskin Returns to Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Gameday: Comets vs. Albany - Utica Comets
- Texas Stars Return Brock Montgomery to Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Jets Re-Assign Carl Klingberg to IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Bulldogs Home Game on January 26th Moved to 4:00 p.m. - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Frozen Frontier to be Featured in Next Episode of "Beyond Blue & Gold" on MSG - Rochester Americans
- IceCaps Recall Cody Sol; Sign Jamie MacQueen to PTO - St. John's IceCaps
- Canadiens Recall Beaulieu and Nattinen - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Thomas Larkin Reassigned to Springfield - Springfield Falcons
- Pirates Face Falcons in First of Four at Colisee - Portland Pirates
- Detroit Recalls Emmerton - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Nip Milwaukee 5-4 in a Shootout - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.