Wild Shuffles the Deck with Three Roster Moves
Des Moines, IA - Iowa Wild General Manager Jim Mill announced on Friday that the team has signed forwards Broc Little and Mike Ullrich to professional tryout agreements (PTO). Mill also announced the team has assigned forward Taylor Matson to the Orlando Solar Bears, Iowa's ECHL affiliate.
Ullrich was among the scoring leaders for the Orlando Solar Bears at the time of his recall, posting nine goals and 19 assists for 28 points in 31 games played. His 19 assists led the Bears and he was second with a .90 points per game average. The Banff, AB native played in three AHL games earlier this season with Manchester, scoring his first AHL goal. The third-year pro has spent the majority of his career in the ECHL and CHL.
Little joins the Wild after playing in 20 AHL games for Springfield this season, scoring three goals and totaling eight points. He spent the last two seasons in Sweden, playing for AIK (SEL) and Vasteras IK (Swe-1). During the 2012-13 season, the 5-foot-9, 170-pounder scored 16 times and totaled 46 points in 55 games for AIK. In 2011-12, he scored 35 goals and totaled 66 points in 51 games for Vasteras IK. Little played four seasons at Yale University from 2007-11, scoring 72 goals and racking up 142 points in 131 ECAC games.
Matson returns to Orlando, where he played in six games with two goals and three points earlier this season. Matson also has played in 29 games for Iowa, scoring three goals and adding an assist.
Iowa continues a three-game homestand on Friday with the Lake Erie Monsters at 7:05 p.m. and Saturday at 12:35 p.m. Friday's game includes a PB&J Drive, presented by Zeroez. Fans are asked to bring jars of peanut butter or jelly to donate for Movethefood.org. Those who donate receive a voucher for a ticket to an upcoming Iowa Wild home game. Friday is also $2 Beer Night, presented by 100.3 The Bus. Every Friday, fans (21 and over) may purchase $2.00 ten-ounce domestic drafts through the first period of play. Saturday is the first matinee home game with the 12:35 p.m. faceoff. The team celebrates Kids Winterfest with plenty of kids' activities on the concourse and the first 5,000 fans receive ThunderSticks. It is also a Subway Family Four Pack Night. Fans may purchase four tickets, four hot dogs, four sodas and four Subway BOGO coupons for as low as $44.
Fans may purchase single game tickets multiple ways, either through the team's website - www.Iowawild.com, Wells Fargo Arena box office or Dahl's Ticketing. Tickets are available online at www.iowawild.com under the single game tickets tab. Fans may also purchase tickets by calling 1-866-55-DAHLS (32457) or by visiting one of 13 Dahl's Food Stores locations in the greater Des Moines area, and in Ames. In order to purchase group tickets (10 or more), please call the Iowa Wild ticketing department at 515-564-8700. Fans interested in buying full season, or smaller season packages may call the Iowa Wild front office at 515-564-8700.
The Iowa Wild regular season is presented by Mercy Medical Center. Season tickets to see the Wild play at Wells Fargo Arena start at just $9 per game. For more information on tickets, please contact the Wild ticket office by calling 515-564-8700 or go to www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 17, 2014
- Barons Fall to Rochester, 4-3 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Monsters Fall to Wild 6-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets lose to Albany - Utica Comets
- Wolves' Home Winning Streak Ends at Seven - Chicago Wolves
- Sharks Slip Past Admirals in Shootout - Norfolk Admirals
- The Pack Strikes Back - Adirondack Phantoms
- Griffins Douse Heat, 3-0 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Binghamton Bounces Bridgeport 6-2 - Binghamton Senators
- Amerks' Power-Play Too Much for Barons - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Edge Bears 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Shut out Heat 3-0 - Abbotsford Heat
- Sharks Kick off Four Game Road Trip with 4th Straight Win - Worcester Sharks
- Nearly 8,000 Sees Wild Tame Monsters 6-1 - Iowa Wild
- Bruins Exact Revenge on Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Routed by Texas - Charlotte Checkers
- Senators win over Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Falcons Swoop Past Pirates in Shootout - Portland Pirates
- Devils Tie Franchise Mark In 8-3 Win - Albany Devils
- Falcons End Skid, Top Pirates In Shootout - Springfield Falcons
- P-Bruins Defeat Wilkes-Barre/Scranton 5-1 - Providence Bruins
- Wolf Pack win 4-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Morin's Five-Point Night Leads Texas to 7-1 Blowout - Texas Stars
- Crunch Hold on to Defeat Bears - Hershey Bears
- IceCaps Drop Monarchs 4-1 - St. John's IceCaps
- Pasq-Walled - Manchester Monarchs
- Comet Tales: Keith Kinkaid - Utica Comets
- Kabanov Loaned to Modo of Swedish Elite League - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Heat Announce Heros Hockey Education Partnership - Abbotsford Heat
- Texas Stars Foundation to Host 4th Annual Casino Night - Texas Stars
- Coyotes Assign Klesla to Portland - Portland Pirates
- Dietz, Mayer Join Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Hour on Monday, January - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Anaheim Reassigns Goaltender John Gibson to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Wild Shuffles the Deck with Three Roster Moves - Iowa Wild
- Admirals Recall Ezekiel; Anaheim Reassigns Bobkov to Utah - Norfolk Admirals
- Florida Panthers Acquire C Ryan Martindale from Edmonton - San Antonio Rampage
- Rampage Acquire Nebsitt from Oklahoma City, Recall Houser - San Antonio Rampage
- The Great Skate Winterfest Returns this Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Predators Reassign Mazanec to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Jaskin Returns to Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Gameday: Comets vs. Albany - Utica Comets
- Texas Stars Return Brock Montgomery to Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Jets Re-Assign Carl Klingberg to IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Bulldogs Home Game on January 26th Moved to 4:00 p.m. - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Frozen Frontier to be Featured in Next Episode of "Beyond Blue & Gold" on MSG - Rochester Americans
- IceCaps Recall Cody Sol; Sign Jamie MacQueen to PTO - St. John's IceCaps
- Canadiens Recall Beaulieu and Nattinen - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Thomas Larkin Reassigned to Springfield - Springfield Falcons
- Pirates Face Falcons in First of Four at Colisee - Portland Pirates
- Detroit Recalls Emmerton - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Nip Milwaukee 5-4 in a Shootout - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wild Stories
- Forward Mike Liambas Named Iowa Wild's IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Minnesota Wild Signs Forward Mitchell Chaffee to Two-Year, Entry-Level Contract
- Minnesota Wild Signs Forwards Adam Beckman and Damien Giroux to Entry-Level Contracts
- Iowa Wild Announces COVID-19 Community Relief Campaign with Food Bank of Iowa
- Minnesota Wild Reassigns Defenseman Matt Bartkowski to Iowa