Anaheim Reassigns Goaltender John Gibson to Norfolk
ANAHEIM, Calif. - The Anaheim Ducks announced Friday that the National Hockey League (NHL) club has reassigned goaltender John Gibson to the Norfolk Admirals, Anaheim's primary development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL). In addition, the Ducks have reassigned defenseman Luca Sbisa to Norfolk on a Long-Term Injury Conditioning Loan.
Gibson, 20, did not make an appearance for Anaheim during his January 10 recall. Gibson has posted an 11-9-3 record, 2.61 goals against average, .915 save percentage, and two shutouts in 26 appearances with Norfolk this season. The 6-3, 212-pound netminder was named the CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month for October.
The Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania native was selected by the Anaheim Ducks in the second round of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. Gibson won a gold medal with Team USA at the 2013 U20 IIHF World Junior Championships, and was named best goaltender of the tournament as well. After concluding his second season with the Kitchener Rangers (OHL) last spring, the 20-year old netminder made his professional and AHL debut with Norfolk on April 19, 2013 at Syracuse.
Sbisa appeared in two games for the Admirals earlier this season back on November 1 & 2 logging two assists and a +1 rating. Sbisa has logged 51 points (8g, 43a) in 245 career NHL games.
Tonight the Admirals open a two-game weekend home set with the Worcester Sharks at Scope. Game time is set for 7:30 p.m. The two teams will meet again on Saturday in the 7th Annual Pink in the Rink game. The two teams will play the game on pink ice, and the night is intended to promote breast cancer awareness and help raise money for the Tidewater Chapter of Susan G. Komen.
Game tickets are now on sale, and are available through the Norfolk Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 and online at ticketmaster.com .
For 10-packs, or discounted group tickets stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, or call (757) 640-1212 Office hours are Monday - Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Fans can also visit us online at www.norfolkadmirals.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 17, 2014
- Barons Fall to Rochester, 4-3 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Monsters Fall to Wild 6-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets lose to Albany - Utica Comets
- Wolves' Home Winning Streak Ends at Seven - Chicago Wolves
- Sharks Slip Past Admirals in Shootout - Norfolk Admirals
- The Pack Strikes Back - Adirondack Phantoms
- Griffins Douse Heat, 3-0 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Binghamton Bounces Bridgeport 6-2 - Binghamton Senators
- Amerks' Power-Play Too Much for Barons - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Edge Bears 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Shut out Heat 3-0 - Abbotsford Heat
- Sharks Kick off Four Game Road Trip with 4th Straight Win - Worcester Sharks
- Nearly 8,000 Sees Wild Tame Monsters 6-1 - Iowa Wild
- Bruins Exact Revenge on Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Routed by Texas - Charlotte Checkers
- Senators win over Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Falcons Swoop Past Pirates in Shootout - Portland Pirates
- Devils Tie Franchise Mark In 8-3 Win - Albany Devils
- Falcons End Skid, Top Pirates In Shootout - Springfield Falcons
- P-Bruins Defeat Wilkes-Barre/Scranton 5-1 - Providence Bruins
- Wolf Pack win 4-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Morin's Five-Point Night Leads Texas to 7-1 Blowout - Texas Stars
- Crunch Hold on to Defeat Bears - Hershey Bears
- IceCaps Drop Monarchs 4-1 - St. John's IceCaps
- Pasq-Walled - Manchester Monarchs
- Comet Tales: Keith Kinkaid - Utica Comets
- Kabanov Loaned to Modo of Swedish Elite League - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Heat Announce Heros Hockey Education Partnership - Abbotsford Heat
- Texas Stars Foundation to Host 4th Annual Casino Night - Texas Stars
- Coyotes Assign Klesla to Portland - Portland Pirates
- Dietz, Mayer Join Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Hour on Monday, January - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Anaheim Reassigns Goaltender John Gibson to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Wild Shuffles the Deck with Three Roster Moves - Iowa Wild
- Admirals Recall Ezekiel; Anaheim Reassigns Bobkov to Utah - Norfolk Admirals
- Florida Panthers Acquire C Ryan Martindale from Edmonton - San Antonio Rampage
- Rampage Acquire Nebsitt from Oklahoma City, Recall Houser - San Antonio Rampage
- The Great Skate Winterfest Returns this Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Predators Reassign Mazanec to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Jaskin Returns to Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Gameday: Comets vs. Albany - Utica Comets
- Texas Stars Return Brock Montgomery to Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Jets Re-Assign Carl Klingberg to IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Bulldogs Home Game on January 26th Moved to 4:00 p.m. - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Frozen Frontier to be Featured in Next Episode of "Beyond Blue & Gold" on MSG - Rochester Americans
- IceCaps Recall Cody Sol; Sign Jamie MacQueen to PTO - St. John's IceCaps
- Canadiens Recall Beaulieu and Nattinen - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Thomas Larkin Reassigned to Springfield - Springfield Falcons
- Pirates Face Falcons in First of Four at Colisee - Portland Pirates
- Detroit Recalls Emmerton - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Nip Milwaukee 5-4 in a Shootout - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.