Admirals Recall Ezekiel; Anaheim Reassigns Bobkov to Utah
NORFOLK, VA - The Norfolk Admirals announced Friday that the team has recalled forward Norm Ezekiel from the Utah Grizzlies of the ECHL. In addition, the Anaheim Ducks have reassigned goaltender Igor Bobkov to Utah.
Ezekiel, 22, has totaled three points (1g, 2a) and 78 penalty minutes in 28 games played with Utah this season. The 5-8, 185-pound forward went scoreless with seven penalty minutes in three appearances with the Admirals earlier this season.
Last season, Ezekiel scored a goal and posted 112 penalty minutes in 27 games played with the Colorado Eagles of the ECHL. In addition, Ezekiel logged 23 penalty minutes in nine appearances with the St. John's IceCaps of the AHL. The Barrie, Ontario native played two seasons with the Barrie Colts (OHL) totaling 20 points (9g, 11a) and 262 penalty minutes from 2010-2012.
Bobkov, 22, returns to Utah having posted a 5-2-1 record, a 2.45 goals against average, and a .919 save percentage in eight appearances with the Admirals this season. The 6-6, 235-pound netminder holds a 3-4-1-2 record, a 2.17 goals against average, and a .919 save percentage with Utah this season. Bobkov recorded back-to-back shutout performances against the Alaska Aces on Dec. 4 (29 saves) & Dec. 6 (26 saves). .
Last season, Bobkov registered an 11-17-0 record, including two shutouts in 28 appearances with Norfolk. The Magnitogorsk, Russia native earned a 2-1-1 record in four appearances with the Syracuse Crunch (AHL) during the 2011-12 season. Bobkov was selected by the Anaheim Ducks in the third-round of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
Tonight the Admirals open a two-game weekend home set with the Worcester Sharks at Scope. Game time is set for 7:30 p.m. The two teams will meet again on Saturday in the 7th Annual Pink in the Rink game. The two teams will play the game on pink ice, and the night is intended to promote breast cancer awareness and help raise money for the Tidewater Chapter of Susan G. Komen.
Game tickets are now on sale, and are available through the Norfolk Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 and online at ticketmaster.com.
For 10-packs, or discounted group tickets stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, or call (757) 640-1212 Office hours are Monday - Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Fans can also visit us online at www.norfolkadmirals.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 17, 2014
- Barons Fall to Rochester, 4-3 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Monsters Fall to Wild 6-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets lose to Albany - Utica Comets
- Wolves' Home Winning Streak Ends at Seven - Chicago Wolves
- Sharks Slip Past Admirals in Shootout - Norfolk Admirals
- The Pack Strikes Back - Adirondack Phantoms
- Griffins Douse Heat, 3-0 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Binghamton Bounces Bridgeport 6-2 - Binghamton Senators
- Amerks' Power-Play Too Much for Barons - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Edge Bears 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Shut out Heat 3-0 - Abbotsford Heat
- Sharks Kick off Four Game Road Trip with 4th Straight Win - Worcester Sharks
- Nearly 8,000 Sees Wild Tame Monsters 6-1 - Iowa Wild
- Bruins Exact Revenge on Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Routed by Texas - Charlotte Checkers
- Senators win over Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Falcons Swoop Past Pirates in Shootout - Portland Pirates
- Devils Tie Franchise Mark In 8-3 Win - Albany Devils
- Falcons End Skid, Top Pirates In Shootout - Springfield Falcons
- P-Bruins Defeat Wilkes-Barre/Scranton 5-1 - Providence Bruins
- Wolf Pack win 4-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Morin's Five-Point Night Leads Texas to 7-1 Blowout - Texas Stars
- Crunch Hold on to Defeat Bears - Hershey Bears
- IceCaps Drop Monarchs 4-1 - St. John's IceCaps
- Pasq-Walled - Manchester Monarchs
- Comet Tales: Keith Kinkaid - Utica Comets
- Kabanov Loaned to Modo of Swedish Elite League - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Heat Announce Heros Hockey Education Partnership - Abbotsford Heat
- Texas Stars Foundation to Host 4th Annual Casino Night - Texas Stars
- Coyotes Assign Klesla to Portland - Portland Pirates
- Dietz, Mayer Join Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Hour on Monday, January - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Anaheim Reassigns Goaltender John Gibson to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Wild Shuffles the Deck with Three Roster Moves - Iowa Wild
- Admirals Recall Ezekiel; Anaheim Reassigns Bobkov to Utah - Norfolk Admirals
- Florida Panthers Acquire C Ryan Martindale from Edmonton - San Antonio Rampage
- Rampage Acquire Nebsitt from Oklahoma City, Recall Houser - San Antonio Rampage
- The Great Skate Winterfest Returns this Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Predators Reassign Mazanec to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Jaskin Returns to Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Gameday: Comets vs. Albany - Utica Comets
- Texas Stars Return Brock Montgomery to Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Jets Re-Assign Carl Klingberg to IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Bulldogs Home Game on January 26th Moved to 4:00 p.m. - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Frozen Frontier to be Featured in Next Episode of "Beyond Blue & Gold" on MSG - Rochester Americans
- IceCaps Recall Cody Sol; Sign Jamie MacQueen to PTO - St. John's IceCaps
- Canadiens Recall Beaulieu and Nattinen - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Thomas Larkin Reassigned to Springfield - Springfield Falcons
- Pirates Face Falcons in First of Four at Colisee - Portland Pirates
- Detroit Recalls Emmerton - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Nip Milwaukee 5-4 in a Shootout - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.