Nailers Announce Part Three of 2020-21 Schedule
WHEELING, WV- The Wheeling Nailers, proud ECHL affiliate of the Pittsburgh Penguins, have announced part three of their 2020-21 season. This portion of the schedule contains games 19 through 42, which will be played between February 12th and April 3rd.
Part three of the schedule begins with a three-game homestand, and the Nailers get to be the first team to welcome the Fort Wayne Komets into their new season. Fort Wayne visits Wheeling on February 12th and 13th, before making way for the Indy Fuel to come to town for a "No Love Lost" Valentine's Day matinee.
The Nailers and Komets will get to know each other quite well during this stretch of games, as they will play ten times, including nine of the first 14. February 19-21 will be a three-game series at Allen County War Memorial Coliseum and the two rivals will also play in Fort Wayne on March 5th, 6th, and April 3rd. The Komets come to Wheeling again for a two-game set on March 12th and 13th.
Aside from one more home clash (February 24th) and two more trips to Indiana Farmers Coliseum (March 14th & April 2nd), the Nailers will get to take a bit of a breather from the Fuel, as some different opponents make their way onto the schedule.
On February 26th, 27th, and 28th, the Utah Grizzlies will make their way to WesBanco Arena for the third consecutive season. Then, on March 19th, 20th, and 21st, Wheeling will face the Wichita Thunder for the first time ever, with all three matches taking place in Downtown Wheeling. Another first time visitor is the Jacksonville Icemen, and we aren't fooling you about that April 1st contest. Additionally, the Nailers will do battle with the Florida Everblades for the first time since the 2016 Kelly Cup Playoffs, as the teams will play a three-game set in the Sunshine State on March 24th, 26th, and 27th.
In addition to the schedule, the ECHL has also announced its conference format for the current season. The Nailers are playing in the Eastern Conference, along with the Florida Everblades, Greenville Swamp Rabbits, Indy Fuel, Jacksonville Icemen, Orlando Solar Bears, South Carolina Stingrays. The format for the Kelly Cup Playoffs will be announced at a later date.
A limited number of tickets are available for Nailers home games this season, in addition to season memberships and flex packs. To purchase yours or to get more information, visit wheelingnailers.com or call (304) 234-GOAL. The Wheeling Nailers, considered one of the top things to do in Wheeling, West Virginia, provide affordable family entertainment for fans throughout the Ohio Valley.
2020-21 Schedule Part 3
Fri. Feb. 12 vs. Fort Wayne, 7:10
Sat. Feb. 13 vs. Fort Wayne, 7:10
Sun. Feb. 14 vs. Indy, 4:10
Fri. Feb. 19 at Fort Wayne, 8:05
Sat. Feb. 20 at Fort Wayne, 7:35
Sun. Feb. 21 at Fort Wayne, 5:05
Wed. Feb. 24 vs. Indy, 7:10
Fri. Feb. 26 vs. Utah, 7:10
Sat. Feb. 27 vs. Utah, 7:10
Sun. Feb. 28 vs. Utah, 4:10
Fri. Mar. 5 at Fort Wayne, 8:05
Fri. Mar. 6 at Fort Wayne, 7:35
Fri. Mar. 12 vs. Fort Wayne, 7:10
Sat. Mar. 13 vs. Fort Wayne, 7:10
Sun. Mar. 14 at Indy, 3:05
Fri. Mar. 19 vs. Wichita, 7:10
Sat. Mar. 20 vs. Wichita, 7:10
Sun. Mar. 21 vs. Wichita, 4:10
Wed. Mar. 24 at Florida, 7:30
Fri. Mar. 26 at Florida, 7:30
Sat. Mar. 27 at Florida, 7:00
Thu. Apr. 1 vs. Jacksonville, 7:10
Fri. Apr. 2 at Indy, 7:05
Sat. Apr. 3 at Fort Wayne, 7:35
Images from this story
Wheeling Nailers forward Lawton Courtnall
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 15, 2021
- Grizzlies Defeat Mavericks 4-1 - Utah Grizzlies
- Bradley Scores in Overtime to Lift Greenville over Rays - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Solar Bears Slip Past IceMen in Shootout 4-3 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Sadowy Scores in Shootout to Lift Solar Bears Past Icemen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rays Earn 1 Point in Comeback Overtime Loss - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - January 15 - ECHL
- Four Solar Bears Head to AHL Syracuse - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at IceMen, January 15, 2021 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Americans Announce Second Phase of the 2020-2021 Schedule - Allen Americans
- Greenville Adds Two More Players Prior to Weekend - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- IceMen Announce Third Tier of 2020-21 Season Schedule - Jacksonville IceMen
- Komets Announce Start of Season Schedule - Fort Wayne Komets
- Everblades Announce More Games for 2021 - Florida Everblades
- Rush, ECHL, Announces Third Wave of 2020-21 Season Schedule, Conference Alignment - Rapid City Rush
- Swamp Rabbits, ECHL Announce Next Phase of Schedule - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Solar Bears Announce Third Phase of 2020-21 Schedule - Orlando Solar Bears
- Fuel Announce Third Window of ECHL Schedule - Indy Fuel
- Grizzlies Add 13 Home Games to 2020-21 Schedule - Utah Grizzlies
- Third Window of Games Announced - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Announces Schedule Through April 4 - ECHL
- Oilers Announce Third Segment of Schedule - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Adds New Dates to 2021 Schedule - South Carolina Stingrays
- Nailers Announce Part Three of 2020-21 Schedule - Wheeling Nailers
- Rush Clear Six New Players for Weekend against Tulsa - Rapid City Rush
- Greenville Inks Forward Jacob Hayhurst - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Swamp Rabbits Acquire Anthony Rinaldi from Kansas City - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits at Stingrays, 7:05 PM - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Preview: January 15, 2021 Kansas City at Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Preview: Stingrays vs. Swamp Rabbits, January 15 at 7:05 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Everblades Ink Forward Nogard - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.