Grizzlies Defeat Mavericks 4-1
West Valley City, Utah - Pat Cannone had 1 goal and 2 assists and Matthew Boucher scored his first professional goal to lead the Utah Grizzlies to a 4-1 win over the Kansas City Mavericks on Friday night at Maverik Center.
The game was scoreless for the first 29 minutes of play until Utah defenseman Miles Gendron scored his 2nd of the season with Christian Horn and Pat Cannone getting the assists with 10:28 left in the period. Kansas City responded a minute 17 later as Brodie Reid scored his 3rd of the year to tie the game. Late in the 3rd period Cannone converted on a great centering pass from Trey Bradley to give Utah a 2-1 lead after 2 periods.
The Grizzlies got a power play after Justin Woods was called for tripping 1:36 into the third. Utah capitalized as Cedric Pare scored on a one timer from Cannone for his 3rd goal of the season. 4 minutes 15 seconds later it was Boucher, who scored to make it 4-1. Boucher had 1 goal and 1 assist and was involved in his first pro win. Trey Bradley had 2 assists in the victory as Utah goes to 5-2-1-1 on the year, while Kansas City falls to 2-6-1-1.
Kansas City goaltender Matt Greenfield was making his professional debut and saved 32 of 36. For Utah, Peyton Jones saved 15 of 16 to go to 4-1-1-1 on the year.
Game 2 of the 3 game series is Saturday night at Maverik Center. Face-off is at 7:10 pm. Tickets are available by going to utahgrizzlies.com. Capacity is limited to 1800 with masks required and social distancing.
1. Pat Cannone (Utah) - 1 goal, 2 assists, +2.
2. Matthew Boucher (Utah) - 1 goal, 1 assist.
3. Trey Bradley (Utah) - 2 assists.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 15, 2021
- Grizzlies Defeat Mavericks 4-1 - Utah Grizzlies
- Bradley Scores in Overtime to Lift Greenville over Rays - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Solar Bears Slip Past IceMen in Shootout 4-3 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Sadowy Scores in Shootout to Lift Solar Bears Past Icemen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rays Earn 1 Point in Comeback Overtime Loss - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - January 15 - ECHL
- Four Solar Bears Head to AHL Syracuse - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at IceMen, January 15, 2021 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Americans Announce Second Phase of the 2020-2021 Schedule - Allen Americans
- Greenville Adds Two More Players Prior to Weekend - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- IceMen Announce Third Tier of 2020-21 Season Schedule - Jacksonville IceMen
- Komets Announce Start of Season Schedule - Fort Wayne Komets
- Everblades Announce More Games for 2021 - Florida Everblades
- Rush, ECHL, Announces Third Wave of 2020-21 Season Schedule, Conference Alignment - Rapid City Rush
- Swamp Rabbits, ECHL Announce Next Phase of Schedule - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Solar Bears Announce Third Phase of 2020-21 Schedule - Orlando Solar Bears
- Fuel Announce Third Window of ECHL Schedule - Indy Fuel
- Grizzlies Add 13 Home Games to 2020-21 Schedule - Utah Grizzlies
- Third Window of Games Announced - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Announces Schedule Through April 4 - ECHL
- Oilers Announce Third Segment of Schedule - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Adds New Dates to 2021 Schedule - South Carolina Stingrays
- Nailers Announce Part Three of 2020-21 Schedule - Wheeling Nailers
- Rush Clear Six New Players for Weekend against Tulsa - Rapid City Rush
- Greenville Inks Forward Jacob Hayhurst - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Swamp Rabbits Acquire Anthony Rinaldi from Kansas City - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits at Stingrays, 7:05 PM - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Preview: January 15, 2021 Kansas City at Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Preview: Stingrays vs. Swamp Rabbits, January 15 at 7:05 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Everblades Ink Forward Nogard - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.