Islanders and Phantoms Square off at 7:05 p.m.
ALLENTOWN, Penn. - The Bridgeport Islanders (5-11-1-2) travel to Allentown, Penn. for the first time this season to battle the Lehigh Valley Phantoms (3-9-4-1) at 7:05 p.m. inside PPL Center. Last night, Collin Adams and Erik Brown each scored a milestone goal to help the Islanders stay close in a 3-2 loss to the Providence Bruins at home. Adams recorded his first AHL tally just 2:20 into the game and Brown tipped home his first professional goal nearly four minutes into the third. All three Bruins' goals came in a span of less than six minutes in the second period, which sent Bridgeport to its seventh straight loss (0-6-1-0).
LISTEN ON RADIO: www.bit.ly/IslesRadio
WATCH LIVE: www.ahltv.com
ISLES VS. PHANTOMS
Tonight's game is the first of six meetings between the Islanders and Phantoms this season, and the first of three in Allentown. It's Bridgeport's first trip to the PPL Center since Mar. 8, 2020 when it earned a 6-5 shootout win in the penultimate game before the COVID-19 shutdown. The Islanders will host the Philadelphia Flyers' affiliate on Feb. 2nd, Apr. 3rd and Apr. 10th.
VIEW FROM LEHIGH
The Phantoms have lost six straight games (0-3-2-1) dating back to Nov. 12th and rank eighth in the Atlantic Division with 11 points in 17 contests. Last night, Max Willman scored his team-leading eighth goal of the season in a 4-1 loss to the Syracuse Crunch at Upstate Medical University Arena. Felix Sandstrom made 30 saves in his team-leading 13th appearance. Sandstrom ranks third among all AHL goalies in minutes played (718:24) and saves (324).
New York Islanders draft pick Collin Adams scored his first AHL goal in just his second game last night, converting on the power play early in the first period. Adams made his AHL debut on Wednesday after beginning his pro career with the Worcester Railers (ECHL) this season. He had one goal and three assists in eight games with Worcester. Adams was selected in the sixth round (#170) in 2016.
WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU
Erik Brown scored his first professional goal in his 28th pro game last night, altering Connor McCarthy's long shot from the point past Bruins' goaltender Troy Grosenick. Brown had one assist in 13 games with Bridgeport last season after missing the entire 2019-20 campaign due to injury. He has one goal and 15 penalty minutes in 12 games with the Islanders this season.
The Islanders had to contend with a season-high seven power plays against on Wednesday and faced six more last night. They went 5-for-6 against the Bruins last night and 7-for-7 on Wednesday. It was especially promising as Springfield boasted the AHL's fourth best power play entering the week, and Bridgeport had allowed a power-play goal in five straight games. The Islanders' PK is 19th in the AHL at 79.7% and ninth on the road (83.7%).
Austin Czarnik has points in three of his last five games and is tied for fifth on the team with nine points (three goals, six assists)... Forwards Otto Koivula, Richard Panik, Andy Andreoff and Anatolii Golyshev, as well as defensemen Thomas Hickey, Grant Hutton, Paul LaDue and Robin Salo, have been recalled by New York since Nov. 17th... Forwards Paul Thompson, Felix Bibeau and Collin Adams, along with defensemen Mike Cornell and Connor McCarthy, have each been promoted from Worcester since last Saturday.
New York Islanders (5-10-2); Last: 1-0 L vs. PIT, Friday -- Next: Tomorrow at NYR, 6 p.m.
Worcester Railers (5-7-0-1): Last: 8-1 W at ADK, Friday -- Next: Tomorrow vs. NFL, 3:05 p.m.
Connect with the Bridgeport Islanders
The Bridgeport Islanders are proud to introduce their new social media handles on Facebook (@AHLIslanders), Twitter (@AHLIslanders) and Instagram (@AHLIslanders). The team can be reached by phone at 203-345-2300.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 27, 2021
- First-Place Wolves Rally Again - Chicago Wolves
- Phantoms Push Hard in 3rd But Isles Hang On - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- American Hockey League Postpones Hershey Bears Games Through Wednesday - AHL
- Amerks Double up Crunch for Third Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Surpassed by Amerks, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears vs. Phantoms Games on November 28 and December 1 Postponded - Hershey Bears
- Phantoms vs. Hershey Postponed November 28 and December 1 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Senyshyn Leads the Way with a Hat Trick as P-Bruins Defeat Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, 5-1 - Providence Bruins
- Penguins Stumble in Third Period, Lose to Bruins, 5-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Red-Hot Comets Shut out Checkers - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Goaltender Schmid's First Shutout Lifts Team to Victory - Utica Comets
- Eagles Reassign Burzan, Bradley to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Eagles Utilize Big Second Period to Blast Stockton, 5-1 - Colorado Eagles
- Heat Clipped by Eagles Saturday - Stockton Heat
- Moose Rebound by Topping Stars 4-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Monsters Keep Point Streak Alive in 4-3 Overtime Loss to Marlies - Cleveland Monsters
- Checkers Combine with Several Partners to Present Army Vet with Restored Car - Charlotte Checkers
- Tim Army Earns 100th Win as Wild Head Coach as Iowa Defeats Henderson, 2-1 - Iowa Wild
- Damiani Scores Late But Stars Fall 4-1 in Winnipeg - Texas Stars
- Silver Knights Defeated, 2-1, by Wild - Henderson Silver Knights
- T-Birds Exact Payback on Wolf Pack with 4-2 Win - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Wolf Pack See Point Streak Snapped at the Hands of the Springfield Thunderbirds 4-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Kraken Recall Riley Sheahan - Charlotte Checkers
- P-Bruins Announce Tickets on Sale for Second Half of 2021-22 Season - Providence Bruins
- Panthers Recall Aleksi Heponiemi - Charlotte Checkers
- Ducks Reassign Groulx and Lettieri to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- St. Louis Blues Recall F Dakota Joshua from T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Islanders and Phantoms Square off at 7:05 p.m. - Bridgeport Islanders
- 5 Things: Heat at Colorado - Stockton Heat
- Marlies Host Monsters in Second Half of Back-To-Back - Toronto Marlies
- Heat Look for Weekend Sweep Saturday at Colorado - Stockton Heat
- Wolf Pack Look for Third Straight Victory over Rival Thunderbirds - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game #14: Abbotsford at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Illinois Rivalry Ramps up as IceHogs and Wolves Clash Tonight in Rosemont - Rockford IceHogs
- Roadrunners Score Four Unanswered Goals, Take Down Canucks In First-Ever Matchup - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Complete Sweep of San Jose - San Diego Gulls
- Colorado Nipped by Heat, 3-2 in Overtime - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.