Heat Clipped by Eagles Saturday
LOVELAND, Colo. - Martin Pospisil found his way onto the score sheet for the second consecutive game since returning from injury but the Stockton Heat (11-2-2-0) dropped the weekend finale against Colorado (7-7-1-2) by a 5-1 final Saturday in Loveland.
For the second time in as many nights, Stockton and Colorado battled to a scoreless tie through 20 minutes, with the Heat leading 9-6 in shots on goal in the opening frame. The Eagles grabbed control of the contest in the second with three goals, two of which coming in the final minute, to seize a 3-0 edge through two periods.
Pospisil's marker came 4:48 into the final frame, with helpers from Emilio Pettersen and Connor Zary, but the Eagles were able to nip the comeback bid in the bud with a goal of their own just over three minutes later. A deflection goal with 6:25 to go in the game produced the 5-1 final in favor of the home team.
Martin Pospisil's goal was his third of the season, first since November 3 against San Jose. Saturday was his second game back since returning from injury, and he registered a point in each game (1g, 1a).
Emilio Pettersen and Connor Zary notched assists on Pospisil's score, their first points since Nov. 12 and Nov. 13, respectively.
Jakob Pelletier's seven-game scoring streak (5g, 4a) was snapped in the game.
The Heat finish November with a record of 7-2-1-0 in the month.
STK PP - 0-for-5
STK PK - 2-for-2
First - Sampo Ranta (2g)
Second - Ryan Wagner (1g, 1a)
Third - Justin Barron (1g, 1a)
W - Justus Annunen (35 saves on 36 shots faced)
L - Adam Werner (17 saves on 22 shots faced)
The Heat return home for a four-games-in-seven-days sprint at Stockton Arena, starting December 1 against Bakersfield at 6:30 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 27, 2021
- First-Place Wolves Rally Again - Chicago Wolves
- Phantoms Push Hard in 3rd But Isles Hang On - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- American Hockey League Postpones Hershey Bears Games Through Wednesday - AHL
- Amerks Double up Crunch for Third Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Surpassed by Amerks, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears vs. Phantoms Games on November 28 and December 1 Postponded - Hershey Bears
- Phantoms vs. Hershey Postponed November 28 and December 1 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Senyshyn Leads the Way with a Hat Trick as P-Bruins Defeat Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, 5-1 - Providence Bruins
- Penguins Stumble in Third Period, Lose to Bruins, 5-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Red-Hot Comets Shut out Checkers - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Goaltender Schmid's First Shutout Lifts Team to Victory - Utica Comets
- Eagles Reassign Burzan, Bradley to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Eagles Utilize Big Second Period to Blast Stockton, 5-1 - Colorado Eagles
- Heat Clipped by Eagles Saturday - Stockton Heat
- Moose Rebound by Topping Stars 4-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Monsters Keep Point Streak Alive in 4-3 Overtime Loss to Marlies - Cleveland Monsters
- Checkers Combine with Several Partners to Present Army Vet with Restored Car - Charlotte Checkers
- Tim Army Earns 100th Win as Wild Head Coach as Iowa Defeats Henderson, 2-1 - Iowa Wild
- Damiani Scores Late But Stars Fall 4-1 in Winnipeg - Texas Stars
- Silver Knights Defeated, 2-1, by Wild - Henderson Silver Knights
- T-Birds Exact Payback on Wolf Pack with 4-2 Win - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Wolf Pack See Point Streak Snapped at the Hands of the Springfield Thunderbirds 4-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Kraken Recall Riley Sheahan - Charlotte Checkers
- P-Bruins Announce Tickets on Sale for Second Half of 2021-22 Season - Providence Bruins
- Panthers Recall Aleksi Heponiemi - Charlotte Checkers
- Ducks Reassign Groulx and Lettieri to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- St. Louis Blues Recall F Dakota Joshua from T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Islanders and Phantoms Square off at 7:05 p.m. - Bridgeport Islanders
- 5 Things: Heat at Colorado - Stockton Heat
- Marlies Host Monsters in Second Half of Back-To-Back - Toronto Marlies
- Heat Look for Weekend Sweep Saturday at Colorado - Stockton Heat
- Wolf Pack Look for Third Straight Victory over Rival Thunderbirds - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game #14: Abbotsford at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Illinois Rivalry Ramps up as IceHogs and Wolves Clash Tonight in Rosemont - Rockford IceHogs
- Roadrunners Score Four Unanswered Goals, Take Down Canucks In First-Ever Matchup - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Complete Sweep of San Jose - San Diego Gulls
- Colorado Nipped by Heat, 3-2 in Overtime - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.