Heat Look for Weekend Sweep Saturday at Colorado
TODAY'S MATCHUP: Stockton Heat (11-1-2-0; 1st Pacific) at Colorado Eagles (6-7-1-2; 7th Pacific)
LOCATION: Budweiser Events Center | Loveland, Colorado
TIME: 2:05 p.m. PST
TUNE IN: Tonight's game can be streamed on AHLTV, and the radio call is available via Spreaker.
Following a come-from-behind, overtime win on Friday, the Stockton Heat look to finish off a weekend sweep of the Colorado Eagles in a Saturday matinee in Loveland. The Heat erased a 2-1, third period hole by scoring the final two goals of the game, including a Glenn Gawdin strike less than a minute into the final frame of regulation and Jakob Pelletier's game-winner just over two minutes into the extra time.
PELLETIER DOES IT AGAIN
Rookie forward Jakob Pelletier has shown time and time again his knack for stepping up in big moments, and his game-winner in last night's game was his league-leading fourth of the season. Pelletier is responsible for both OT winners for the Heat this season, and he now leads Stockton with 17 points on the year as he extended his scoring streak to seven games on Friday with nine points (5g, 4a) in that span.
Stockton was able to diffuse Colorado's man-advantage on Friday, a special teams edge that was vital in the series-opening win. The Heat killed a season-high seven opportunities, including a late 5-on-3 to help push the game to overtime. Stockton has now erased 29 of the last 32 opponent power play opportunities over the last seven contests.
ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIGH
Could be the mountain air, could be the matchup, but one thing is clear - Glenn Gawdin loves seeing the Eagles on the other end of the ice. In 16 career games against Colorado, Gawdin now has 15 points (6g, 9a) after Friday's third period goal to tie the game at two, a stalemate that lasted through the end of regulation.
While it's not the typical route to victory, Stockton is now 2-0-0-0 on the year when trailing through two periods of play. Each time required play beyond regulation, with the first comeback coming in a 3-2 shootout win over the Henderson Silver Knights and the more recent iteration coming Friday, a 3-2 overtime victory.
ON THE REBOUND
With Friday's win, Stockton is now 3-0-0-0 on the year following losses. In each of those games, the Heat conceded only two goals, with Pelletier lighting the lamp and fellow rookie Dustin Wolf making at least 30 saves in each outing.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 27, 2021
- First-Place Wolves Rally Again - Chicago Wolves
- Phantoms Push Hard in 3rd But Isles Hang On - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- American Hockey League Postpones Hershey Bears Games Through Wednesday - AHL
- Amerks Double up Crunch for Third Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Surpassed by Amerks, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears vs. Phantoms Games on November 28 and December 1 Postponded - Hershey Bears
- Phantoms vs. Hershey Postponed November 28 and December 1 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Senyshyn Leads the Way with a Hat Trick as P-Bruins Defeat Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, 5-1 - Providence Bruins
- Penguins Stumble in Third Period, Lose to Bruins, 5-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Red-Hot Comets Shut out Checkers - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Goaltender Schmid's First Shutout Lifts Team to Victory - Utica Comets
- Eagles Reassign Burzan, Bradley to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Eagles Utilize Big Second Period to Blast Stockton, 5-1 - Colorado Eagles
- Heat Clipped by Eagles Saturday - Stockton Heat
- Moose Rebound by Topping Stars 4-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Monsters Keep Point Streak Alive in 4-3 Overtime Loss to Marlies - Cleveland Monsters
- Checkers Combine with Several Partners to Present Army Vet with Restored Car - Charlotte Checkers
- Tim Army Earns 100th Win as Wild Head Coach as Iowa Defeats Henderson, 2-1 - Iowa Wild
- Damiani Scores Late But Stars Fall 4-1 in Winnipeg - Texas Stars
- Silver Knights Defeated, 2-1, by Wild - Henderson Silver Knights
- T-Birds Exact Payback on Wolf Pack with 4-2 Win - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Wolf Pack See Point Streak Snapped at the Hands of the Springfield Thunderbirds 4-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Kraken Recall Riley Sheahan - Charlotte Checkers
- P-Bruins Announce Tickets on Sale for Second Half of 2021-22 Season - Providence Bruins
- Panthers Recall Aleksi Heponiemi - Charlotte Checkers
- Ducks Reassign Groulx and Lettieri to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- St. Louis Blues Recall F Dakota Joshua from T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Islanders and Phantoms Square off at 7:05 p.m. - Bridgeport Islanders
- 5 Things: Heat at Colorado - Stockton Heat
- Marlies Host Monsters in Second Half of Back-To-Back - Toronto Marlies
- Heat Look for Weekend Sweep Saturday at Colorado - Stockton Heat
- Wolf Pack Look for Third Straight Victory over Rival Thunderbirds - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game #14: Abbotsford at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Illinois Rivalry Ramps up as IceHogs and Wolves Clash Tonight in Rosemont - Rockford IceHogs
- Roadrunners Score Four Unanswered Goals, Take Down Canucks In First-Ever Matchup - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Complete Sweep of San Jose - San Diego Gulls
- Colorado Nipped by Heat, 3-2 in Overtime - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.