Griffins Sign Notre Dame's Tory Dello to Amateur Tryout
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Grand Rapids Griffins on Wednesday signed defenseman Tory Dello to an amateur tryout.
ï»¿Dello, 23, has spent the last four seasons at the University of Notre Dame, where he totaled 40 points (7-33-40), a plus-19 rating and 133 penalty minutes in 154 games. During his senior year, when he served as an alternate captain, the 6-foot, 199-pound blueliner set a career high with three goals while tying a career best with 13 points in 37 appearances. Dello helped the Fighting Irish reach back-to-back Frozen Fours during his first two years on campus, including finishing as national runners-up in 2017-18, and claim consecutive Big Ten Tournament titles in 2017-18 and 2018-19.
Prior to college, Dello skated in regular season 152 games for the USHL's Tri-City Storm from 2012-16 and tallied 36 points (7-29-36) and 186 PIM. He captained the Storm to their first Clark Cup Championship in 2015-16 after recording 12 points (3-9-12) in 50 regular season contests and tying for the team lead among defensemen with five points (2-3-5) in 11 postseason games. Dello was selected as the USHL's Curt Hammer Award winner in 2016, which is presented annually to recognize the player who distinguishes himself both on and off the ice by demonstrating outstanding performance skills, leadership, pride and determination. He also suited up for Team West in the 2015 USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game.
A native of Crystal Lake, Ill., Dello captained Team USA to a gold medal at the 2013 Five Nations Tournament and helped the Americans claim the bronze medal at the 2014 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament as an alternate captain.
The Griffins (28-27-3-4) will continue their four-game homestand today against Iowa at 7 p.m.
Single-game tickets are currently on sale. Fans can secure their full-season, select-season or group ticket packages by calling (616) 774-4585 ext. 2 or visit griffinshockey.com for more information. ï»¿ ï»¿ï»¿
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 11, 2020
- P-Bruins Set Franchise Record with 12th Consecutive Win - Providence Bruins
- Bellows, St. Denis each score twice and Gibson makes 44 saves on Wednesday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Iowa Ends Road Trip with 4-1 Loss to Grand Rapids - Iowa Wild
- Devils Roll By Amerks, 5-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Penguins Slide Past Phantoms with 2-1 OT Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Roll Past Comets, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Streaming Providence Downs Pack, 3-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Lyon Makes 33 Saves to Earn Point for Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Sens Shutout in Laval - Belleville Senators
- Lorentz Leads Checkers to OT Win against Cleveland - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Win Streak Snapped by Crunch - Utica Comets
- Monsters Gain Point in 3-2 Overtime Loss to Checkers - Cleveland Monsters
- Crunch Roll Past Comets, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Dallas Stars Recall Left Wing Joel Kiviranta from Texas - Texas Stars
- COVID-19 Statement from Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse - Cleveland Monsters
- Kings Agree to Terms with Forward Alex Turcotte on Entry-Level Contract - Ontario Reign
- Statement from the Milwaukee Admirals Regarding Covid-19 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Statement from Pegula Sports & Entertainment - Rochester Americans
- Griffins Sign Notre Dame's Tory Dello to Amateur Tryout - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Sign Huntebrinker to AHL Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- Allstate Arena's Prevention Strategies with Regard to COVID-19 - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Top Rampage with Third Period Outburst - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Inch Closer to Playoffs with Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Game 58 Preview: San Diego at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Wolf Pack Add Two Forwards to Roster - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Coyotes Assign Ness to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Connor Bunnaman Recalled by Philadelphia - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Phantoms Recall Eric Knodel from Reading; Friedman to Flyers - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 vs. Binghamton Devils - Rochester Americans
- Rangers Recall Steven Fogarty from Hartford on an Emergency Basis - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Join the Hogs for the First-Ever Brew-Ha-Hogs Beer Sampling - Rockford IceHogs
- Sound Tigers Host Toronto Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Rocket, March 11 - Belleville Senators
- Marlies Open Three Game Road Trip Tonight in Bridgeport - Toronto Marlies
- Stars Prevail in 5-4 Victory over Eagles - Texas Stars
- Roadrunners, Hill Blank San Diego, Further Division Lead And Win Streak - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Cool Heat, 7-4 - San Jose Barracuda
- Hill, Tucson End Gulls' Streak - San Diego Gulls
- Heat Drop Tuesday Tilt, 7-4, to San Jose - Stockton Heat
- Colorado Eagles Tripped up by Stars, 5-4 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.