Devils Roll By Amerks, 5-2
ROCHESTER - Egor Sharangovich scored twice as the Binghamton Devils defeated the Rochester Americans on the road Wednesday night at Blue Cross Arena, 5-2. The win was Binghamton's seventh in a row.
After no scoring in the first, Egor Sharangovich scored on a rebound just 4:42 into the second period to give the Devils a 1-0 lead. Marian Studenic was denied by goaltender Jonas Johansson, however, Sharangovich found the loose puck and fired home his ninth of the year. Assists were credited to Studenic and Chris Conner.
Binghamton took a two-goal lead seven minutes into the second. Brandon Baddock's shot was stopped and went right to Nathan Bastian who immediately sent in his 16th of the year. Baddock and Ryan Schmelzer collected the assists and the Devils took a 2-0 lead.
Late in the second, Taylor Leier netted a power-play goal to split the Devils lead in half, 2-1. Casey Mittelstadt played a give-and-go back to Leier at the top of the circles and he lifted a slap shot over the shoulder of goaltender Zane McIntyre with 1:47 left in the frame. Assists were given to Mittelstadt and Jacob Bryson and the Devils took a 2-1 lead into the third period.
On the penalty kill, Sharangovich fired a shot from the left circle over the left shoulder of Johansson to give the Devils a 3-1 lead. The goal was Sharangovich's second of the night and 10th of the year, unassisted, at 3:28 of the final period.
Rochester came right back on the power play to pull within one. Remi Elie's shot trickled into the net to decrease Binghamton's lead, 3-2. The goal was Elie's eighth of the year with assists from Jacob Bryson and Scott Wilson at 5:01 of the third.
Just 1:07 later, Sharangovich set up Marian Studenic and he sent a wrist shot by Johansson to give the Devils another two-goal lead, 4-2. The goal was Studenic's ninth of the year from Sharangovich and Jeremy Groleau.
Julian Melchiori added an empty netter at 17:16 to secure a 5-2 win. McIntyre won his fourth in a row with the Devils, stopping 31 of 33 and Johansson was credited with the loss, denying 24.
The Devils are back home Wednesday, March 18 against the Lehigh Valley Phantoms at 7:05 p.m. Kids under the age of 12 can get FREE tickets with the purchase of an adult ticket and a FREE happy meal courtesy of McDonald's and Mix 103.3FM. Tickets are available by calling or texting "TICKETS" to 607-722-7367.
Images from this story
Binghamton Devils right wing Marian Studenic vs. the Rochester Americans
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 11, 2020
- P-Bruins Set Franchise Record with 12th Consecutive Win - Providence Bruins
- Bellows, St. Denis each score twice and Gibson makes 44 saves on Wednesday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Iowa Ends Road Trip with 4-1 Loss to Grand Rapids - Iowa Wild
- Devils Roll By Amerks, 5-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Penguins Slide Past Phantoms with 2-1 OT Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Roll Past Comets, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Streaming Providence Downs Pack, 3-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Lyon Makes 33 Saves to Earn Point for Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Sens Shutout in Laval - Belleville Senators
- Lorentz Leads Checkers to OT Win against Cleveland - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Win Streak Snapped by Crunch - Utica Comets
- Monsters Gain Point in 3-2 Overtime Loss to Checkers - Cleveland Monsters
- Crunch Roll Past Comets, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Dallas Stars Recall Left Wing Joel Kiviranta from Texas - Texas Stars
- COVID-19 Statement from Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse - Cleveland Monsters
- Kings Agree to Terms with Forward Alex Turcotte on Entry-Level Contract - Ontario Reign
- Statement from the Milwaukee Admirals Regarding Covid-19 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Statement from Pegula Sports & Entertainment - Rochester Americans
- Griffins Sign Notre Dame's Tory Dello to Amateur Tryout - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Sign Huntebrinker to AHL Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- Allstate Arena's Prevention Strategies with Regard to COVID-19 - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Top Rampage with Third Period Outburst - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Inch Closer to Playoffs with Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Game 58 Preview: San Diego at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Wolf Pack Add Two Forwards to Roster - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Coyotes Assign Ness to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Connor Bunnaman Recalled by Philadelphia - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Phantoms Recall Eric Knodel from Reading; Friedman to Flyers - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 vs. Binghamton Devils - Rochester Americans
- Rangers Recall Steven Fogarty from Hartford on an Emergency Basis - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Join the Hogs for the First-Ever Brew-Ha-Hogs Beer Sampling - Rockford IceHogs
- Sound Tigers Host Toronto Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Rocket, March 11 - Belleville Senators
- Marlies Open Three Game Road Trip Tonight in Bridgeport - Toronto Marlies
- Stars Prevail in 5-4 Victory over Eagles - Texas Stars
- Roadrunners, Hill Blank San Diego, Further Division Lead And Win Streak - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Cool Heat, 7-4 - San Jose Barracuda
- Hill, Tucson End Gulls' Streak - San Diego Gulls
- Heat Drop Tuesday Tilt, 7-4, to San Jose - Stockton Heat
- Colorado Eagles Tripped up by Stars, 5-4 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Binghamton Devils Stories
- American Hockey League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Street Named Devils' 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Devils, Americans, Comets, and Crunch to Host Blood Drives
- AHL Suspends Season - Statement from the Binghamton Devils
- Devils Roll By Amerks, 5-2