Devils Fall 2-1 to Phantoms
NEWARK - Brett Seney scored the lone goal for the Binghamton Devils in a 2-1 loss to the visiting Lehigh Valley Phantoms on Wednesday night inside Prudential Center.
After no scoring in the first period, David Kase scored late in the second to give the Phantoms a 1-0 lead. Kase took a pass from Zayde Wisdom at the hash marks and beat goaltender Gilles Senn with a low shot. The goal was Kase's third of the year at 18:56 of the middle period and the Phantoms took the one-goal lead into the third period.
In the third period, Brett Seney intercepted a breakout pass from the Phantoms and snapped in his fifth of the year by Felix Sandstrom from the right circle to tie the game 1-1. The goal came at 7:02 of the final frame and was unassisted.
Chris Mueller scored on the power play in the third period for the eventual game winner. Wisdom's shot from the left circle just trickled to the goal line and Mueller got the final touch for his sixth of the year. The goal came at 12:15 with assists from Wisdom and Egor Zamula and the Phantoms held on for the win.
Sandstrom stopped 27 shots for the win and Senn had 30 saves in the loss.
The Devils return to the ice Saturday, May 15 against the Hershey Bears at 1 p.m. inside GIANT Center.
Images from this story
Binghamton Devils right wing Graeme Clarke (left) vs. the Lehigh Valley Phantoms
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 12, 2021
- Wolves Blank Griffins to Claim Central Division - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Stars Upheaved by Iowa Comeback - Texas Stars
- Rookies Lead the Way in 3-1 Win over Stars - Iowa Wild
- Amerks Score Late, But Come up Short to Comets - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Capture Another Division Title - Chicago Wolves
- Comets Defeat Amerks 3-1 in Final Home Game of Season - Utica Comets
- Phantoms Win on "The Rock" - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Devils Fall 2-1 to Phantoms - Binghamton Devils
- Marlies Win Final Home Game, 3-2 over Rocket - Toronto Marlies
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Forward Shawn Element to AHL Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Announce 2021-22 Opening Night on Friday, October 15th - Cleveland Monsters
- Welcome Back: Allison, Sandstrom, York Return to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Blues Recall Goaltender Hofer - Utica Comets
- Barracuda Fall at Henderson in Regular-Season Finale 3-1 - San Jose Barracuda
- Henderson Tops San Jose, 3-1 - Henderson Silver Knights
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.