Brodeur Stops 32 in 3-2 Loss to Bears
HERSHEY - Jeremy Brodeur made 32 saves in a 3-2 loss for the Binghamton Devils to the Hershey Bears on Saturday afternoon inside GIANT Center.
Tyce Thompson gave the Devils a 1-0 lead just 5:27 into the game. A.J. Greer fed Thompson with a pass on a two-on-one rush and he beat goaltender Zach Fucale for his second of the year. Assists were credited to Greer and Nikita Okhotiuk and the Devils took the one-goal lead into the first intermission.
Hershey scored three times in the second period to take a 3-1 lead heading into the third period. From the point, Paul LaDue sent a low shot through traffic and beat goaltender Jeremy Brodeur to tie the game 1-1. The goal was LaDue's third of the year with the lone assist to Connor McMichael at 12:56.
Aliaksei Protas gave the Bears a 2-1 lead at 14:18 after Fabian Zetterlund fanned on a shot from the right point. The puck got by Zetterlund and Protas went in alone and slid the puck through the legs of Brodeur for his second of the year. Shane Gersich and Alex Alexeyev were given the assists.
McMichael scored to give the Bears a two-goal lead on a great pass to the side of the crease by Brett Leason. McMichael had a tap-in goal for his 13th of the year to give Hershey a 3-1 lead with assists from Leason and Mason Morelli at 15:37 of the second.
Just 0:29 into the third period, Mason Jobst scored his fifth goal with the Devils to pull within one. Jobst knocked a Michael Vukojevic tipped shot out of the air and beat Fucale from the hash marks to decrease the Bears' lead to 3-2. The goal was Jobst's fifth of the year from Vukojevic and Ryan Schmelzer.
Brodeur stopped 32 shots in the loss and Fucale stopped 23 in the win.
The Devils return to the ice Sunday, May 16 against the Lehigh Valley Phantoms at 3:15 p.m. inside PPL Center.
Images from this story
Binghamton Devils face off with the Hershey Bears
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 15, 2021
- Gulls Close Regular Season with OT Win - San Diego Gulls
- Colorado Finishes Regular Season with 3-2 Overtime Loss to San Diego - Colorado Eagles
- AHL Announces Pacific Division Playoff Matchups - San Jose Barracuda
- Barber's 20th Goal Gives Griffins Season-Ending 4-1 Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Drop Season Series Finale to Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Moose Drop Penultimate Game - Manitoba Moose
- Intense Rivalry Clash Opens Last Weekend of the Season - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Stars Finish Season with 3-2 Win over Wild - Texas Stars
- Wolves Wrap 2021 Season with Win - Chicago Wolves
- Björkqvist Buries in OT for Penguins 2-1 Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Top Amerks, 5-3, in Season Finale - Syracuse Crunch
- Iowa Falls 3-2 to Texas in Season Finale - Iowa Wild
- Monsters Late Fight Not Enough in 4-1 Loss to Griffins - Cleveland Monsters
- San Diego Gulls Semifinal Playoff Series Schedule Announced - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Take Down Silver Knights, 3-2 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Condors Clinch Second; to Host Semifinal Series against San Diego - Bakersfield Condors
- Bears Claim North Division Title, Win Macgregor Kilpatrick Trophy - Hershey Bears
- 32 Admiral Alums to Compete for Stanley Cup - Milwaukee Admirals
- Brodeur Stops 32 in 3-2 Loss to Bears - Binghamton Devils
- Roadrunners Open Playoffs Tuesday at 1 p.m. - Tucson Roadrunners
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Moose, May 15th - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Devils at Bears, 1 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Roadrunners Force Overtime, Fall In Last Minute To Ontario Reign - Tucson Roadrunners
- Reign earn 3-2 overtime win over the Tucson Roadrunners - Ontario Reign
- Gulls Have Chance to Clinch Second in Finale - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.