Bears Defeat Devils, 2-1
NEWARK - Reilly Walsh scored the lone goal for the Binghamton Devils in a 2-1 loss to the Hershey Bears on Friday night inside RWJBarnabas Health Hockey House.
After no scoring in the first period, Hershey took a 1-0 lead off the stick of Matt Moulson. Goaltender Gilles Senn stopped Moulson but the captain got the rebound and pushed the puck into the net for the one-goal lead. Assists on the goal were given to Joe Snively and Eddie Wittchow at 13:48 of the second.
Connor McMichael gave the Bears a 2-0 lead on the power play. As Michael Vukojevic sat in the penalty box, McMichael sent a shot off the post and into the net for his 12th of the year at the 17:30 mark of the second. The goal was McMichael's 12th of the year with assists from Alex Alexeyev and Philippe Maillet and the Bears took the two-goal lead into the third period.
In the third period, Reilly Walsh go the Devils on the board with 6:10 left in regulation and the deficit was just one goal. Assists were given to Nate Schnarr and Tyler Irvine. That made the score 2-1 and that held up as the final. Senn stopped 23 in the loss and Shepard denied 31 in the win.
The Devils return to the ice tomorrow, Saturday, May 8 against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins at 5 p.m. inside Mohegan Sun Arena.
Images from this story
Binghamton Devils forward Aarne Talvitie faces off with the Hershey Bears
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 7, 2021
- Iowa Rolls Past Rockford in 6-1 Win - Iowa Wild
- Barber Scalps Wolves, Scores Second Goal with 12.1 Seconds Left in 5-4 Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Shepard Stonewalls Devils in 2-1 Hershey Victory - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Downed by Comets, 5-4, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves' Rally Ruined Late - Chicago Wolves
- Comets Get Back in Win Column, Defeat Crunch 5-2 in OT - Utica Comets
- Bears Defeat Devils, 2-1 - Binghamton Devils
- Colorado Eagles Game Postponed - Colorado Eagles
- American Hockey League Game Postponed - AHL
- Defenseman Kyle Burroughs Reassigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- AHL Announces Pacific Division Playoff Details - Ontario Reign
- Pacific Division Playoff Format Set - Bakersfield Condors
- American Hockey League Announces Details for 2021 Pacific Division Playoffs - San Diego Gulls
- American Hockey League Announces Details for Pacific Division Playoffs - AHL
- Moose Take out Marlies, 5-3 - Manitoba Moose
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Rocket, May 7th - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Condors and Eagles Tonight at 6 p.m. - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview: Bears at Devils, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Stars Ring up Seven against Roadrunners - Texas Stars
- Roadrunners Fall To High-Scoring Texas Stars - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.