Heat Drop Tuesday Tilt, 7-4, to San Jose
STOCKTON, Calif. - Buddy Robinson netted a pair of goals and Martin Pospisil recorded his second multi-point game, but the Stockton Heat dropped a wild Tuesday contest by a 7-4 final score to the San Jose Barracuda at Stockton Arena. Robinson lit the lamp with his first score of the game just 46 seconds into the action and the home team owned a 2-1 edge after the first as Martin Pospisil netted his third pro goal, second-straight game lighting the lamp, in the final minute of the first to break a tie. A back-and-forth second period featured six goals, two for the Heat from Robinson and Byron Froese, and four for the Barracuda who seized a 5-4 edge through two. San Jose then put the game away late in the third with a pair of strikes in a 13-second span. It was the first win in 10 tries for San Jose over Stockton this season.
W: Josef Korenar (26 shots, 22 saves)
L: Artyom Zagidulin (19 shots, 16 saves)
ND: Jon Gillies (12 shots, 8 saves)
Three Stars: First - Lukas Radil (2g,1a), Second - Danil Yurtaykin (1g,2a), Third - Buddy Robinson (2g)
Shots On Goal: STK - 26, SJ - 31
Power Plays: STK - 1-3, SJ - 0-3
- Martin Pospisil (1g,1a) recorded his second professional multi-point game (last Feb. 21 vs. Tucson). He has goals in back-to-back games for the first time in his pro career.
- Adam Ruzicka has an assist on all three of Pospisil's goals.
- Buddy Robinson recorded his second multi-goal of the season, first since October 26 against Bakersfield.
- Byron Froese netted his 19th goal of the season, tying him with Luke Philp for the team lead.
- Rob Hamilton recorded his third multi-point game of the season.
- The Heat are now 9-1-0-0 on the year against the Barracuda.
The Heat will host the second-place Colorado Eagles for a pair of contests this weekend at Stockton Arena, including Green Night presented by Covanta Energy on Saturday at 6 p.m. followed by a Sunday, 5 p.m. showdown.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 11, 2020
- P-Bruins Set Franchise Record with 12th Consecutive Win - Providence Bruins
- Bellows, St. Denis each score twice and Gibson makes 44 saves on Wednesday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Iowa Ends Road Trip with 4-1 Loss to Grand Rapids - Iowa Wild
- Devils Roll By Amerks, 5-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Penguins Slide Past Phantoms with 2-1 OT Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Roll Past Comets, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Streaming Providence Downs Pack, 3-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Lyon Makes 33 Saves to Earn Point for Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Sens Shutout in Laval - Belleville Senators
- Lorentz Leads Checkers to OT Win against Cleveland - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Win Streak Snapped by Crunch - Utica Comets
- Monsters Gain Point in 3-2 Overtime Loss to Checkers - Cleveland Monsters
- Crunch Roll Past Comets, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Dallas Stars Recall Left Wing Joel Kiviranta from Texas - Texas Stars
- COVID-19 Statement from Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse - Cleveland Monsters
- Kings Agree to Terms with Forward Alex Turcotte on Entry-Level Contract - Ontario Reign
- Statement from the Milwaukee Admirals Regarding Covid-19 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Statement from Pegula Sports & Entertainment - Rochester Americans
- Griffins Sign Notre Dame's Tory Dello to Amateur Tryout - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Sign Huntebrinker to AHL Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- Allstate Arena's Prevention Strategies with Regard to COVID-19 - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Top Rampage with Third Period Outburst - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Inch Closer to Playoffs with Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Game 58 Preview: San Diego at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Wolf Pack Add Two Forwards to Roster - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Coyotes Assign Ness to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Connor Bunnaman Recalled by Philadelphia - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Phantoms Recall Eric Knodel from Reading; Friedman to Flyers - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 vs. Binghamton Devils - Rochester Americans
- Rangers Recall Steven Fogarty from Hartford on an Emergency Basis - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Join the Hogs for the First-Ever Brew-Ha-Hogs Beer Sampling - Rockford IceHogs
- Sound Tigers Host Toronto Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Rocket, March 11 - Belleville Senators
- Marlies Open Three Game Road Trip Tonight in Bridgeport - Toronto Marlies
- Stars Prevail in 5-4 Victory over Eagles - Texas Stars
- Roadrunners, Hill Blank San Diego, Further Division Lead And Win Streak - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Cool Heat, 7-4 - San Jose Barracuda
- Hill, Tucson End Gulls' Streak - San Diego Gulls
- Heat Drop Tuesday Tilt, 7-4, to San Jose - Stockton Heat
- Colorado Eagles Tripped up by Stars, 5-4 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.