Texas Edges Moose, 3-2
The Manitoba Moose (13-15-0-0) lost a 3-2 decision against the Texas Stars (11-13-1-2) on Friday night at H-E-B Center.
With eight minutes remaining in the first, the Moose saw an opportunity to get on the board as Kristian Reichel found Cole Maier alone in the slot however he was unable to find the back of the net. With less than four minutes remaining in the first period, Jason Robertson scored for the Stars to give Texas the 1-0 advantage. Just over a minute later, Michael Merch found the back of the net and improved the Stars lead to 2-0.
Six minutes into the second period, Jansen Harkins had a chance to get the Moose within one however his attempt went off the post. With 7:50 gone in the second on a Moose man advantage, Harkins sent a pass cross-crease which found Seth Griffith who scored for Manitoba to make the score 2-1. Texas was also awarded a power play during the second frame however they were unable to capitalize.
Just 45 seconds into the third period, Adam Mascherin added another goal for the Stars to improve their lead to 3-1. Midway through the third frame, Kristian Vesalainen patiently walked towards Stars netminder Landon Bow and sent a rocket which found the top corner to make the score 3-2. The Moose restricted Texas to only five shots in the third period compared to Manitoba's 11 however the Stars held on to the 3-2 victory.
Hayden Shaw appeared in his AHL debut
Mason Appleton notched his first assist of the season
Jansen Harkins is currently on a two-game point streak (1G, 2A)
With Harkins two-point performance tonight, the forward matched his 2018-19 point total (31) in only 28 games played What's Next?
The Moose take on the San Antonio Rampage on Saturday, Dec. 14. Puck drop is scheduled for 7 p.m. The matchup will be broadcast on TSN 1290 and moosehockey.com/listenlive.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 13, 2019
- Roadrunners Outlast Rampage in Record Shootout - San Antonio Rampage
- Gulls Go to Shootout to Stay Perfect against Colorado - San Diego Gulls
- Boyle Backstops Gulls to 2-1 Shootout Victory over Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- Texas Edges Moose, 3-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Rochester Steals Two Points in 3-2 Victory over the Rocket - Laval Rocket
- Texas Sweeps Manitoba in 3-2 Victory - Texas Stars
- Admirals Take Down Wolves - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks Fight off Rocket for 3-2 Win in Laval - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Sunk by Admirals - Chicago Wolves
- Post Game Notes: Stars 3 vs. Moose 2 - Texas Stars
- Shesterkin, Pack Shut out Lehigh Valley, 4-0 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Stevens scores twice in road win on Friday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Friday the 13th Not Kind to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Penguins Shut-Out in Cleveland, 4-0 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Tippett Line Sets Tone in Bounce-Back Win over Devils - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Monsters Blank Penguins, 4-0 - Cleveland Monsters
- Sens Win First Meeting with Rockford - Belleville Senators
- Checkers Complete Clutch Comeback over Crunch - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers Rally Past Crunch, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Can't Overcome Slow Start In Loss To Bridgeport - Utica Comets
- Devils Fall To T-Birds 5-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Blues Recall Niko Mikkola - San Antonio Rampage
- After 14-Game Absence, LaBate Thrilled to be Back - Belleville Senators
- Flames Assign Matthew Phillips - Stockton Heat
- San Jose Barracuda Announce Changes to Coaching Staff - San Jose Barracuda
- Markus Phillips Reassigned to Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Red Wings Recall Bowey - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Coyotes Recall Burke from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. IceHogs, December 13 - Belleville Senators
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, December 13, 2019 at Laval Rocket - Rochester Americans
- P-Bruins Recall Tommy Marchin from ECHL's Atlanta Gladiators - Providence Bruins
- Thunderbirds Wrap up Long Homestand to Start 3-In-3 Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sound Tigers Hit Road for Two this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game 25 Preview: Tucson at San Antonio - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.