Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. IceHogs, December 13
The Belleville Senators will see a new opponent for the first time ever tonight as the Rockford IceHogs, AHL affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks, visit CAA Arena.
The Senators (14-9-1-0) are coming off of a six-day layoff after their 7-1 thrashing of Cleveland last Saturday. With the Sens being inactive for nearly a week, they've dropped to sixth in the North Division and trail Laval by four points for the final playoff spot, although the Rocket have played four more games than the Sens.
Rockford (14-9-0-1) sit second in the Central Division and are 7-2-1-0 in their last 10 games.
The IceHogs have won just four of its nine road games while Belleville is 6-7 at CAA Arena this season.
The Sens will have JC Beaudin back after his reassignment earlier in the week but Marcus Hogberg is back with Ottawa meaning Joey Daccord was recalled from Brampton.
No word on if Daccord or Filip Gustavsson will start tonight for the Sens but expect the one who doesn't to get the start Saturday in Toronto.
Vitaly Abramov, Hubert Labrie, Stu Percy and Andrew Sturtz are out injured for the Senators.
As mentioned off the top, this is the first ever meeting between these two teams. Belleville heads to Rockford on Jan. 20 for an afternoon tilt.
Who to watch
All eyes continue to be on Drake Batherson who sits tied atop the AHL scoring race with 31 points this season. His 10 goals are tied for the second most on the team.
In his first season in North America, Swedish winger Anton Wedin has had a nice start with 12 points (five goals) in 18 games. He's also played four games with the Blackhawks going pointless.
Where to watch
Friday's game starts at 7pm and can be seen LIVE on AHLTV. Follow the Belleville Sens on Twitter for live updates. Tickets are available.
The radio broadcast on CJBQ 800 begins at 6:50pm with Jack Miller on the call and David Foot on colour.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 13, 2019
- Roadrunners Outlast Rampage in Record Shootout - San Antonio Rampage
- Gulls Go to Shootout to Stay Perfect against Colorado - San Diego Gulls
- Boyle Backstops Gulls to 2-1 Shootout Victory over Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- Texas Edges Moose, 3-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Rochester Steals Two Points in 3-2 Victory over the Rocket - Laval Rocket
- Texas Sweeps Manitoba in 3-2 Victory - Texas Stars
- Admirals Take Down Wolves - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks Fight off Rocket for 3-2 Win in Laval - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Sunk by Admirals - Chicago Wolves
- Post Game Notes: Stars 3 vs. Moose 2 - Texas Stars
- Shesterkin, Pack Shut out Lehigh Valley, 4-0 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Stevens scores twice in road win on Friday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Friday the 13th Not Kind to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Penguins Shut-Out in Cleveland, 4-0 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Tippett Line Sets Tone in Bounce-Back Win over Devils - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Monsters Blank Penguins, 4-0 - Cleveland Monsters
- Sens Win First Meeting with Rockford - Belleville Senators
- Checkers Complete Clutch Comeback over Crunch - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers Rally Past Crunch, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Can't Overcome Slow Start In Loss To Bridgeport - Utica Comets
- Devils Fall To T-Birds 5-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Blues Recall Niko Mikkola - San Antonio Rampage
- After 14-Game Absence, LaBate Thrilled to be Back - Belleville Senators
- Flames Assign Matthew Phillips - Stockton Heat
- San Jose Barracuda Announce Changes to Coaching Staff - San Jose Barracuda
- Markus Phillips Reassigned to Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Red Wings Recall Bowey - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Coyotes Recall Burke from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. IceHogs, December 13 - Belleville Senators
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, December 13, 2019 at Laval Rocket - Rochester Americans
- P-Bruins Recall Tommy Marchin from ECHL's Atlanta Gladiators - Providence Bruins
- Thunderbirds Wrap up Long Homestand to Start 3-In-3 Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sound Tigers Hit Road for Two this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game 25 Preview: Tucson at San Antonio - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Belleville Senators Stories
- Ottawa's 2021 23-Man Roster Includes Seven Belleville Graduates Plus Three More on Taxi Squad
- Colby Williams Signs One Year AHL Contract with the Belleville Senators
- Cole Reinhardt Earns Amateur Tryout with Belleville Senators
- LaBate Inks a New AHL Contract with the Belleville Senators
- Cole Cassels Rejoins Belleville Senators on One Year AHL Deal