Admirals Take Down Wolves
Milwaukee, WI - The Admirals got goals from four different players while Troy Grosenick stopped 25 shots in net as the Ads took down Chicago 4-1 for their seventh consecutive home win on Friday night at Panther Arena.
Cole Schneider and Freddy Allard each tallied a goal and an assist in the game, while Anthony Richard and Tommy Novak both found the back of the net.
The Wolves Reid Duke put them up 1-0 11:06 into the game, but the Admirals responded shortly thereafter on a rebound tally for Anthony Richard. The play started when Jeremy Davies put a shot on goal from the top of the left circle. Chicago goalie Garrett Sparks made the save but the rebound sat on the ice for Richard to pounce on and pot his seventh of the season.
Freddy Allard would break the tie just 1:15 into the middle frame. Tanner Jeannot carried the puck from the left wing down to the goal line before turning and sending a pass through the slot to a crashing Allard, who sent a wrister sailing past Sparks glove.
The Admirals pushed their lead to two with 8:28 to go in the second on Tommy Novak's fifth of the season. Novak was sprung from the penalty box and immediately went on a 2-on-1 with Cole Schneider. Novak deeked forehand before rooking a backhand for a 3-1 advantage.
From there Grosenick and the Admirals defense kept the Wolves at bay as they killed off three Chicago power-plays in the second half of the game and six in the game overall. Cole Schneider sealed things for Milwaukee with an empty netter with 1:57 to go.
The same two teams will finish up their home-and-home series Saturday night at the Allstate Arena at 7 pm. Milwaukee's next home game is Wednesday, December 18 when they host the San Antonio Rampage at Panther Arena at 7 pm.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 13, 2019
- Roadrunners Outlast Rampage in Record Shootout - San Antonio Rampage
- Gulls Go to Shootout to Stay Perfect against Colorado - San Diego Gulls
- Boyle Backstops Gulls to 2-1 Shootout Victory over Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- Texas Edges Moose, 3-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Rochester Steals Two Points in 3-2 Victory over the Rocket - Laval Rocket
- Texas Sweeps Manitoba in 3-2 Victory - Texas Stars
- Admirals Take Down Wolves - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks Fight off Rocket for 3-2 Win in Laval - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Sunk by Admirals - Chicago Wolves
- Post Game Notes: Stars 3 vs. Moose 2 - Texas Stars
- Shesterkin, Pack Shut out Lehigh Valley, 4-0 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Stevens scores twice in road win on Friday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Friday the 13th Not Kind to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Penguins Shut-Out in Cleveland, 4-0 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Tippett Line Sets Tone in Bounce-Back Win over Devils - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Monsters Blank Penguins, 4-0 - Cleveland Monsters
- Sens Win First Meeting with Rockford - Belleville Senators
- Checkers Complete Clutch Comeback over Crunch - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers Rally Past Crunch, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Can't Overcome Slow Start In Loss To Bridgeport - Utica Comets
- Devils Fall To T-Birds 5-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Blues Recall Niko Mikkola - San Antonio Rampage
- After 14-Game Absence, LaBate Thrilled to be Back - Belleville Senators
- Flames Assign Matthew Phillips - Stockton Heat
- San Jose Barracuda Announce Changes to Coaching Staff - San Jose Barracuda
- Markus Phillips Reassigned to Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Red Wings Recall Bowey - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Coyotes Recall Burke from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. IceHogs, December 13 - Belleville Senators
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, December 13, 2019 at Laval Rocket - Rochester Americans
- P-Bruins Recall Tommy Marchin from ECHL's Atlanta Gladiators - Providence Bruins
- Thunderbirds Wrap up Long Homestand to Start 3-In-3 Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sound Tigers Hit Road for Two this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game 25 Preview: Tucson at San Antonio - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.