San Jose Barracuda Announce Changes to Coaching Staff
San Jose, Ca - The San Jose Barracuda (@SJBarracuda), proud American Hockey League (@TheAHL) affiliate of the San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks), and General Manager Joe Will today announced changes to the team's coaching staff.
Jimmy Bonneau and Michael Chiasson will serve as interim co-coaches for the Barracuda.
With former head coach Roy Sommer, development coach Mike Ricci and goaltending coach Evgeni Nabokov being elevated to the San Jose Sharks coaching staff, the Barracuda will also be including members of the Sharks hockey operations staff such as Bryan Marchment, Ryan Hamilton and others in their player development program.
"Jimmy and Michael have been a big part of the Barracuda's success on the ice and in developing players for the NHL," said Will. "They have learned from one of the best all-time in Roy Sommer and we are confident that they, along with support from our development staff, will work well together as a tandem leading our group."
Bonneau is in his second season as an assistant coach with the Barracuda. Previously, he served as scout for two seasons with the San Jose Sharks, covering the National Hockey League and American Hockey League Eastern Conferences.
Bonneau, 34, played 11 seasons with various clubs in the AHL and ECHL. For four seasons, he played with the Worcester Sharks, including a stint as an alternate captain during the 2013-14 season, scoring five goals, nine assists and 435 penalty minutes in 155 games. He finished his AHL career with 30 points (11g, 19a) and 988 penalty minutes in 350 career games.
Chiasson is also in his second season as an assistant coach for the Barracuda and previously worked as an amateur scout with the Sharks for two seasons.
Chiasson, 28, played for AmÃ¤l SK in Sweden's Division 2 league during the 2015-16 season, collecting 24 points (five goals, 19 assists) in 28 games. He played collegiately at the University of Michigan, recording three goals, 13 assists, 47 penalty minutes and a plus-14 rating in 86 games while studying Sport Management.
He was drafted in the third round, (31st overall) by the Omaha Lancers in the USHL Futures draft; he registered 27 points (seven goals, 20 assists) in 122 games. A native of Grosse Pointe, Michigan, his father, Steve Chiasson, played 13 season in the NHL with the Detroit Red Wings, Calgary Flames and Carolina Hurricanes.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 13, 2019
- Roadrunners Outlast Rampage in Record Shootout - San Antonio Rampage
- Gulls Go to Shootout to Stay Perfect against Colorado - San Diego Gulls
- Boyle Backstops Gulls to 2-1 Shootout Victory over Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- Texas Edges Moose, 3-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Rochester Steals Two Points in 3-2 Victory over the Rocket - Laval Rocket
- Texas Sweeps Manitoba in 3-2 Victory - Texas Stars
- Admirals Take Down Wolves - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks Fight off Rocket for 3-2 Win in Laval - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Sunk by Admirals - Chicago Wolves
- Post Game Notes: Stars 3 vs. Moose 2 - Texas Stars
- Shesterkin, Pack Shut out Lehigh Valley, 4-0 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Stevens scores twice in road win on Friday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Friday the 13th Not Kind to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Penguins Shut-Out in Cleveland, 4-0 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Tippett Line Sets Tone in Bounce-Back Win over Devils - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Monsters Blank Penguins, 4-0 - Cleveland Monsters
- Sens Win First Meeting with Rockford - Belleville Senators
- Checkers Complete Clutch Comeback over Crunch - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers Rally Past Crunch, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Can't Overcome Slow Start In Loss To Bridgeport - Utica Comets
- Devils Fall To T-Birds 5-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Blues Recall Niko Mikkola - San Antonio Rampage
- After 14-Game Absence, LaBate Thrilled to be Back - Belleville Senators
- Flames Assign Matthew Phillips - Stockton Heat
- San Jose Barracuda Announce Changes to Coaching Staff - San Jose Barracuda
- Markus Phillips Reassigned to Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Red Wings Recall Bowey - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Coyotes Recall Burke from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. IceHogs, December 13 - Belleville Senators
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Friday, December 13, 2019 at Laval Rocket - Rochester Americans
- P-Bruins Recall Tommy Marchin from ECHL's Atlanta Gladiators - Providence Bruins
- Thunderbirds Wrap up Long Homestand to Start 3-In-3 Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sound Tigers Hit Road for Two this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game 25 Preview: Tucson at San Antonio - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Barracuda Stories
- Barracuda Recall Forward Krystof Hrabik
- Barracuda Recall Three Players from Allen Americans
- Barracuda Sign Three Players to Professional Tryout Agreements
- Barracuda Announce 2020-21 Training Camp Details, Roster and Exhibition Schedule
- 28 Teams to Participate in 2020-21 American Hockey League Season