Mavericks Fall to Oilers in Morning Game
INDEPENDENCE, MO - The Mavericks returned home on Tuesday for an early morning game against the Tulsa Oilers, a team that the Mavericks are 0-2-0-0 against this season. Kansas City would look to change that trend in front of thousands of screaming kids.
The first period was a defensive afair with teams trading power plays but neither side were able to capitalize on their opportunities. The Mavericks would outshoot Tulsa 8-3 in the first period, but would go 0/2 on the man advantage. The game would remain scoreless heading into the second period.
The second period seemed like it was going to go by without a goal as well, until late in the frame when Tulsa got on the board 19:14 into the period. The Mavericks quickly found themselves trailing 1-0 going to the third period.
The Mavericks would open the third period with the tying goal courtesy of the captain Lane Scheidl at the 2:19 mark. However, after that puck reached the back of the net, it was all Oilers the rest of the way adding two lamp lighters, the first at 5:33 and the second on an eempty net at 18:20. The Mavericks are now 0-3-0-0 in three match ups with the Oilers this season.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 19, 2021
- Thunder Opens Weekend with Shootout Win in Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Smith Scores Lone Goal for Thunder in 5-1 Loss to Steelheads - Adirondack Thunder
- Oilers Snag Point in Shootout Loss - Tulsa Oilers
- Cincinnati Drops 3-1 Game in Atlanta - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Komets Strike Down K-Wings as Offense Stalls in Fort Wayne - Kalamazoo Wings
- Ingham's Shutout Leads Swamp Rabbits to Friday Win - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Glads Bounce Back against Cyclones - Atlanta Gladiators
- Brattstrom Earns Debut Victory as Toledo Downs Iowa, 5-1 - Toledo Walleye
- Fuel Wheel Past the Nailers in Friday Night Contest - Indy Fuel
- Lions Beat the Railers 4-1 - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Misley Scores for Landers Friday at Toledo - Iowa Heartlanders
- Stingrays Shutout in Greenville - South Carolina Stingrays
- Fuel Square Season Set with 5-2 Home Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Rally Late But Fall to Growlers, 3-2 - Reading Royals
- Growlers Win 3-2 in Reading - Newfoundland Growlers
- Mariners Earn Five of Six Points in Jacksonville - Maine Mariners
- Railers Drop Friday Night Matchup against the Lions 4-1 - Worcester Railers HC
- ECHL Transactions - November 19 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Mariners at Icemen, November 19, 2021 - Jacksonville Icemen
- Steelheads Receive Kyle Marino from AHL, Claim Cooper Jones - Idaho Steelheads
- Walleye Announce Toledo Hockey Alumni Roster for Winterfest - Toledo Walleye
- Grizzlies Gameday: Hunter Miska Joins Grizzlies for Series Opener - Utah Grizzlies
- Sean Bonar Signs with Komets - Fort Wayne Komets
- Game Notes: vs Allen - Rapid City Rush
- Royals Begin Three-In-Three with First Matchup against Newfoundland - Reading Royals
- Hunter Miska Reassigned to Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- First Time at the DCU Center for the Lions - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Mavericks Fall to Oilers in Morning Game - Kansas City Mavericks
- Heartlanders Visit Toledo, Add Miura to Active Roster - Iowa Heartlanders
- Game Day Preview: Americans at Rapid City, 8:05 PM - Allen Americans
- Thunder Starts Two-Game Set vs. Oilers Tonight in OK - Wichita Thunder
- Glads Aim to Bounce Back vs Cyclones - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Marcus Crawford Awarded All-Star MVP
- Marcus Crawford Selected as ECHL All-Star, Rescheduled Date for January 4 vs. Allen Announced
- Mavs Complete Comeback Win in Overtime in Iowa
- Mavs Drop Game Two of Military Appreciation Weekend
- Mavs Take Night One of Military Appreciation Weekend