Marlies Set for 3-In-3
The Toronto Marlies (15-13-3-2) kick off 2019 and a three in three weekend tonight in Binghamton when they square off against the Devils (15-19-3-0) for the fifth time this season.
Coming off an exciting overtime win over the league-leading Charlotte Checkers on New Year's Eve, the Marlies look poised to take their first lead in the season series against the Devils. Binghamton comes in to tonight's game riding a two-game losing streak, most recently dropping a 5-2 decision to Wilkes-Barre Scranton.
While the eighth place Devils came out on top in their first two meetings of the season, the Marlies have since taken the previous two contests to even the series at two games apiece. In their last meeting on December 19th, the Marlies edged the Devils 3-1 on home ice. Tempers flared in that game with both teams combining for 124 penalty minutes. All of the games between these North Division rivals so far this season have been close fought battles, with there never being more than a two-goal differential.
Players to watch: Chris Mueller notched the game winning goal in overtime on December 31 and continues to lead the Marlies with 34 points (16 goals, 18 assists). Jeremy Bracco sits second in team scoring after hitting the 30-point mark (seven goals, 23 assists) on New Year's Eve. Bracco also leads the team in power play assists with 13. Sam Gagner had a two-point effort on NYE and now has 25 points in 26 games.
Puck drops at 7:05 PM and fans can catch all the action on AHLTV.
Head to Head (2018-19 Regular Season)
15-13-3-2 Overall Record 24-8-2-0
2-2-0-0 Head To Head 2-1-1-0
Win 1 Streak Loss 2
116 Goals For 101
123 Goals Against 131
21.4% Power Play Percentage 14.4%
76.3% Penalty Kill Percentage 76.5%
T. Moore (17) Leading Goal Scorer B. Pietila (12)
C. Mueller (34) Leading Points Scorer B. Pietila (22)
E. McAdam (7) Wins Leader C. Johnson (6)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 4, 2019
- Griffins Fall 3-2 in Shootout to Penguins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Lone Goal Not Enough at Texas - Manitoba Moose
- Binnington Blanks Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Penguins Start 2019 Strong with Shootout Win over Griffins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Koivula extends goal-scoring streak to four games in setback on Friday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolf Pack Start Strong, Tokarski Makes it Enough - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Smith Powers P-Bruins to 4-2 Win - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Tame Sound Tigers, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Bruins Hang on in First Game of 2019 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Sens Denied by Checkers - Belleville Senators
- Devils Lose Lead in 5-1 Setback to Marlies - Binghamton Devils
- Tokarski & Wolf Pack Stymie T-Birds in Hartford - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Checkers Start 2019 with 4-1 Stomping of Sens - Charlotte Checkers
- Brookbank Named to Chicago Staff, Sorensen Promoted to Assistant Coach - Rockford IceHogs
- Drake Rymsha Reassigned to Manchester - Ontario Reign
- Pirri Returns from Vegas - Chicago Wolves
- Comets Sign Alex Sakellaropoulos to a PTO - Utica Comets
- Card Set Giveaway, Postgame Skate Highlight Sunday Slate - Rockford IceHogs
- Get Called up to New Jersey Courtesy of Labatt, Townsquare Media and Mirabito - Binghamton Devils
- Game #31 Preview: Tucson at Stockton - Tucson Roadrunners
- TSN Adds Three More American Hockey League Broadcasts - AHL
- Marlies Set for 3-In-3 - Toronto Marlies
- Canes Reassign Fleury to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Zadina Returns to Griffins After World Junior Championship - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Senators Announce Family Package for Family Day Weekend - Belleville Senators
- Kaut Returns from IIHF WJC Run with Czech Republic - Colorado Eagles
- Barracuda Set to Become the Worcester Sharks on January 13th - San Jose Barracuda
- Canucks Recall Demko from the Comets - Utica Comets
- Heat Chase Two Points against Roadrunners Friday - Stockton Heat
- Condors Host Colorado and the Zooperstars Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Ottawa Recalls Balcers from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Continue Road Trip in Syracuse, Binghamton - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- T-Birds Begin 2019 with Three-Game Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- 'Canes Recall McKegg on Emergency Basis - Charlotte Checkers
- Griffins Host $2 Beers/$2 Hot Dogs and Plaid Hat Giveaway against Belleville Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Checkers, January 4 - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto Marlies Stories
- Toronto Marlies Re-Sign Hudson Elynuik
- Toronto Marlies Statement on Cancellation of 2019-20 AHL Season
- MLSE Community Food Donation Program Expands to Include BMO Field and BMO as Partners Team up to Help 'Bring Toronto Back to Its Feet'
- MLSE Teams up with Partners to Announce Bringing Toronto Back to Its Feet
- Toronto Marlies Re-Sign Scott Pooley