Ottawa Recalls Balcers from Belleville
The Ottawa Senators have recalled forward Rudolfs Balcers from the Belleville Senators.
The 21-year-old Latvian leads Belleville in scoring this season with 26 points while his 14 goals are also a team high. Balcers also has a team high seven power play goals while his 10 power play points also lead the Sens.
It's the first NHL call-up of Balcers' career, whom the Sens acquired in the Erik Karlsson trade on Sept. 13.
In a corresponding move, Ottawa also reassigned Jack Rodewald to Belleville. He has 24 points (11 goals) in 26 games in the AHL this season.
Belleville is back in action tonight against the Charlotte Checkers. Tickets are available.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 4, 2019
- Griffins Fall 3-2 in Shootout to Penguins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Lone Goal Not Enough at Texas - Manitoba Moose
- Binnington Blanks Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Penguins Start 2019 Strong with Shootout Win over Griffins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Koivula extends goal-scoring streak to four games in setback on Friday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolf Pack Start Strong, Tokarski Makes it Enough - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Smith Powers P-Bruins to 4-2 Win - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Tame Sound Tigers, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Bruins Hang on in First Game of 2019 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Sens Denied by Checkers - Belleville Senators
- Devils Lose Lead in 5-1 Setback to Marlies - Binghamton Devils
- Tokarski & Wolf Pack Stymie T-Birds in Hartford - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Checkers Start 2019 with 4-1 Stomping of Sens - Charlotte Checkers
- Brookbank Named to Chicago Staff, Sorensen Promoted to Assistant Coach - Rockford IceHogs
- Drake Rymsha Reassigned to Manchester - Ontario Reign
- Pirri Returns from Vegas - Chicago Wolves
- Comets Sign Alex Sakellaropoulos to a PTO - Utica Comets
- Card Set Giveaway, Postgame Skate Highlight Sunday Slate - Rockford IceHogs
- Get Called up to New Jersey Courtesy of Labatt, Townsquare Media and Mirabito - Binghamton Devils
- Game #31 Preview: Tucson at Stockton - Tucson Roadrunners
- TSN Adds Three More American Hockey League Broadcasts - AHL
- Marlies Set for 3-In-3 - Toronto Marlies
- Canes Reassign Fleury to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Zadina Returns to Griffins After World Junior Championship - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Senators Announce Family Package for Family Day Weekend - Belleville Senators
- Kaut Returns from IIHF WJC Run with Czech Republic - Colorado Eagles
- Barracuda Set to Become the Worcester Sharks on January 13th - San Jose Barracuda
- Canucks Recall Demko from the Comets - Utica Comets
- Heat Chase Two Points against Roadrunners Friday - Stockton Heat
- Condors Host Colorado and the Zooperstars Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Ottawa Recalls Balcers from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Continue Road Trip in Syracuse, Binghamton - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- T-Birds Begin 2019 with Three-Game Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- 'Canes Recall McKegg on Emergency Basis - Charlotte Checkers
- Griffins Host $2 Beers/$2 Hot Dogs and Plaid Hat Giveaway against Belleville Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Checkers, January 4 - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Belleville Senators Stories
- Hastings and Prince Edward Learning Foundation to Benefit from Sens' Donation
- Sens Present $100,000 to Five Local Charities
- Belleville Well Represented at IIHF World Championships
- Winters Uses Senators Experience to Kick Start Career
- Statement Issued Regarding Senators COO Rob Mullowney