Heat Chase Two Points against Roadrunners Friday
Friday, January 4, 2019
Arena: Stockton Arena
Date: Friday, January 4, 2019
Time: 7:00 p.m. PST
Broadcast: Hear tonight's game on Spreaker or iHeartRadio or watch the game via AHLTV.
For the live, in-game tweets, follow @AHLHeat. Stay tuned after the game for the Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game for your chance to win a puck signed by Alan Quine.
The Heat begin the 2019 calendar year with their third meeting against the Tucson Roadrunners in the last four games, the clubs splitting a pair last weekend at the Tucson Convention Center.
Stockton dropped a 6-5 battle against the San Jose Barracuda on New Year's Eve, a contest that was tied 2-2 through 20 minutes of play until the visitors got some breathing room with a 4-1 second period. The Heat attempted to mount a comeback, scoring twice in the final frame, but could not find the back of the net for the tying goal as time ran out.
Matthew Phillips enters tonight's game on fire on the offensive end, having recorded six points (3g,3a) in the last two games and bringing a six-game scoring streak into tonight's contest. Over that span, Phillips has totaled 10 points (4g,6a) - including a three-point outburst Saturday at Tucson to spark a third-period comeback in a 3-2 win.
THIS BUD'S FOR YOU
Buddy Robinson owns the second-longest scoring streak on Stockton's roster at five games, totaling seven points (2g,5a) since December 21 against Iowa. He claimed the game-winning goal in Saturday's victory over the Roadrunners, beating Hunter Miska from the slot with a power play tally midway through the third period.
Curtis Lazar was named to the 2019 Lexus All-Star Classic, announced Thursday by the Heat in conjunction with the AHL. Lazar is second on the team in scoring with 25 points (11g,14a) in 31 games on the season and leads the Heat with 13 points (4g,9a) on the man-advantage. The All-Star Classic will take place on Sunday, Jan. 27 and Monday, Jan. 28 in Springfield.
CLEAR EYES, FULL HEARTS
The Heat have thrived under the lights on Fridays so far this season, claiming at least one point in seven out of 10 games on Fridays.
FIRST CUT IS THE DEEPEST
Both Stockton and Tucson have thrived when scoring first and struggled when allowing the first goal this season. The Heat enter tonight's game 8-3-2-0 when taking a 1-0 edge and 6-12-1-0 when conceding first, while Tucson is 15-4-2-0 on the year when getting the upper hand and 2-5-1-1 when falling behind first.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 4, 2019
- Griffins Fall 3-2 in Shootout to Penguins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Lone Goal Not Enough at Texas - Manitoba Moose
- Binnington Blanks Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Penguins Start 2019 Strong with Shootout Win over Griffins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Koivula extends goal-scoring streak to four games in setback on Friday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolf Pack Start Strong, Tokarski Makes it Enough - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Smith Powers P-Bruins to 4-2 Win - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Tame Sound Tigers, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Bruins Hang on in First Game of 2019 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Sens Denied by Checkers - Belleville Senators
- Devils Lose Lead in 5-1 Setback to Marlies - Binghamton Devils
- Tokarski & Wolf Pack Stymie T-Birds in Hartford - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Checkers Start 2019 with 4-1 Stomping of Sens - Charlotte Checkers
- Brookbank Named to Chicago Staff, Sorensen Promoted to Assistant Coach - Rockford IceHogs
- Drake Rymsha Reassigned to Manchester - Ontario Reign
- Pirri Returns from Vegas - Chicago Wolves
- Comets Sign Alex Sakellaropoulos to a PTO - Utica Comets
- Card Set Giveaway, Postgame Skate Highlight Sunday Slate - Rockford IceHogs
- Get Called up to New Jersey Courtesy of Labatt, Townsquare Media and Mirabito - Binghamton Devils
- Game #31 Preview: Tucson at Stockton - Tucson Roadrunners
- TSN Adds Three More American Hockey League Broadcasts - AHL
- Marlies Set for 3-In-3 - Toronto Marlies
- Canes Reassign Fleury to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Zadina Returns to Griffins After World Junior Championship - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Senators Announce Family Package for Family Day Weekend - Belleville Senators
- Kaut Returns from IIHF WJC Run with Czech Republic - Colorado Eagles
- Barracuda Set to Become the Worcester Sharks on January 13th - San Jose Barracuda
- Canucks Recall Demko from the Comets - Utica Comets
- Heat Chase Two Points against Roadrunners Friday - Stockton Heat
- Condors Host Colorado and the Zooperstars Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Ottawa Recalls Balcers from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Continue Road Trip in Syracuse, Binghamton - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- T-Birds Begin 2019 with Three-Game Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- 'Canes Recall McKegg on Emergency Basis - Charlotte Checkers
- Griffins Host $2 Beers/$2 Hot Dogs and Plaid Hat Giveaway against Belleville Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Checkers, January 4 - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.