Barracuda Set to Become the Worcester Sharks on January 13th
SAN JOSE - The San Jose Barracuda (@SJBarracuda), proud American Hockey League (@TheAHL) affiliate of the National Hockey League's (@NHL) San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks), continue honoring the history of the Sharks primary affiliates on January 13th at 3 p.m. as a part of a five-game throwback series. The Barracuda will become the Worcester Sharks for the night, Sharks affiliate from 2006 to 2015.
The game will feature complete rebranding on social media and within SAP Center at San Jose and the team will wear throwback Worcester Sharks jerseys during the game. In addition to the in-game festivities, the first 4,000 fans in the building will receive a replica Worcester Sharks jersey.
Various alumni from the era will be honored throughout the game and current Sharks Barclay Goodrow and Melker Karlsson will be dropping the ceremonial first puck.
January 13th is the third of five throwback nights, honoring the Sharks affiliate history. San Jose will also be honoring the Kentucky Thoroughblades (Feb. 2) and current San Jose Barracuda (Feb. 18) later this season. For more information on the remaining throwback games, visit sjbarracuda.com/promotions.
Single game tickets start at just $10 and as always cars of four or more can park for free at SAP Center at San Jose. In addition, all concession items are just $4.
Barracuda jersey auctions have gone mobile and you can join the auction today by texting "barracuda" to 52182 or by visiting barracuda.gesture.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 4, 2019
- Griffins Fall 3-2 in Shootout to Penguins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Lone Goal Not Enough at Texas - Manitoba Moose
- Binnington Blanks Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Penguins Start 2019 Strong with Shootout Win over Griffins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Koivula extends goal-scoring streak to four games in setback on Friday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolf Pack Start Strong, Tokarski Makes it Enough - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Smith Powers P-Bruins to 4-2 Win - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Tame Sound Tigers, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Bruins Hang on in First Game of 2019 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Sens Denied by Checkers - Belleville Senators
- Devils Lose Lead in 5-1 Setback to Marlies - Binghamton Devils
- Tokarski & Wolf Pack Stymie T-Birds in Hartford - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Checkers Start 2019 with 4-1 Stomping of Sens - Charlotte Checkers
- Brookbank Named to Chicago Staff, Sorensen Promoted to Assistant Coach - Rockford IceHogs
- Drake Rymsha Reassigned to Manchester - Ontario Reign
- Pirri Returns from Vegas - Chicago Wolves
- Comets Sign Alex Sakellaropoulos to a PTO - Utica Comets
- Card Set Giveaway, Postgame Skate Highlight Sunday Slate - Rockford IceHogs
- Get Called up to New Jersey Courtesy of Labatt, Townsquare Media and Mirabito - Binghamton Devils
- Game #31 Preview: Tucson at Stockton - Tucson Roadrunners
- TSN Adds Three More American Hockey League Broadcasts - AHL
- Marlies Set for 3-In-3 - Toronto Marlies
- Canes Reassign Fleury to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Zadina Returns to Griffins After World Junior Championship - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Senators Announce Family Package for Family Day Weekend - Belleville Senators
- Kaut Returns from IIHF WJC Run with Czech Republic - Colorado Eagles
- Barracuda Set to Become the Worcester Sharks on January 13th - San Jose Barracuda
- Canucks Recall Demko from the Comets - Utica Comets
- Heat Chase Two Points against Roadrunners Friday - Stockton Heat
- Condors Host Colorado and the Zooperstars Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Ottawa Recalls Balcers from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Continue Road Trip in Syracuse, Binghamton - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- T-Birds Begin 2019 with Three-Game Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- 'Canes Recall McKegg on Emergency Basis - Charlotte Checkers
- Griffins Host $2 Beers/$2 Hot Dogs and Plaid Hat Giveaway against Belleville Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Checkers, January 4 - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.