Condors Host Colorado and the Zooperstars Tonight
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. - The Bakersfield Condors host the Colorado Eagles with the ZOOperstars! in town. Puck drops at 7 p.m., doors open at 6 p.m. Great seats start at just $12 ($13 day of game) and can be purchased or at the Rabobank Arena box office (opens at noon). Tonight's game is the American Hockey League's Facebook Watch Free Game of the Week. If you can't make the game, click here to watch.
PROMOTION DETAILS: The Condors welcome Whale Gretzky, Squidney Crosby, LeBronco James, Mike Rainbow Trout, and the rest of the ZOOperstars! tonight presented by La Caliente 96.9 FM.
Please allow extra time for arrival as Rabobank Arena has installed metal detectors at all entrances. Doors open at 6 p.m. (5:45 p.m. for Condors365 Members).
EAT & DRINK
Braised beef short rib
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Bacon Bleu Cheese Brussels Sprouts
Pork Belly BLT
Crossbar Craft Beer Pub
Ice Level Lounge (free with a lower level ticket, must be 21+)
DOWNLOAD THE CONDORS APP: iTunes |Google Play
BAKERSFIELD MARRIOTT POST-GAME AUTOGRAPH BOOTH: F Nolan Vesey and D Jared Wilson
The Bakersfield Condors and Colorado Eagles meet for the fifth time this season. Bakersfield is 2-1-0-1 in the season series with the Eagles and 1-1 on home ice. The series shifts to Loveland, Colo. next Friday and Saturday for two games on the ranch.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
The Condors started 2019 on Wednesday and dropped a 2-1 decision to the visiting San Diego Gulls. RW David Gust tied the game at 1-1 on the power play in the second period, but C Joe Blandisi's goal with 70 seconds remaining in regulation proved to be the game winner.
Colorado was swept in Winnipeg over the weekend by scores of 4-0 and 4-1. RW Scott Kosmachuk had the lone goal on Sunday against his former club. LW Andrew Agozzino picked up an assist and his team leading 30th point of the season.
LW Joe Gambardella was selected yesterday to the 2019 AHL All-Star Classic to represent the Condors. The second-year pro is currently with the Edmonton Oilers and leads the Condors with 12 goals. He is second on the team in scoring with 21 points (12g-9a) in 28 games.
The Condors lead the AHL with an average of 34.03 shots per game. Colorado surrenders the fifth most at 32.16 a contest.
LW Tyler Benson and LW Cameron Hebig are both in the Top 17 in rookie scoring. Benson leads the Condors with 22 points and 18 assists while Hebig is second in goals with 10 and 21 points. Benson is tied for third among rookies with 18 assists.
Bakersfield will play 13 games in 25 days leading into the AHL All-Star Break. 12 of the 13 games are in the Pacific Division with the lone exception being next Wednesday's game in Texas.
The Condors home power play is 5th in the AHL at 24.2% (15/62)... Bakersfield's 2.87 goals against per game is 8th in the AHL... LW Tyler Benson is on a three-game point streak (1g-2a)... D Keegan Lowe has six assists in his last six games.
Colorado is 12-8-1 inside the Pacific Division and 3-4-2-1 against the Mountain Division... The Eagles have seven shorthanded goals which is third in the AHL... LW Andrew Agozzino is 15th in the AHL scoring race with 30 points... RW Michael Joly is tied for the league lead with three shootout goals.
12/31 - F Nolan Vesey recalled from Wichita (ECHL)
12/30 - LW Joe Gambardella recalled by Edmonton (NHL)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 4, 2019
- Griffins Fall 3-2 in Shootout to Penguins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Lone Goal Not Enough at Texas - Manitoba Moose
- Binnington Blanks Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Penguins Start 2019 Strong with Shootout Win over Griffins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Koivula extends goal-scoring streak to four games in setback on Friday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolf Pack Start Strong, Tokarski Makes it Enough - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Smith Powers P-Bruins to 4-2 Win - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Tame Sound Tigers, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Bruins Hang on in First Game of 2019 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Sens Denied by Checkers - Belleville Senators
- Devils Lose Lead in 5-1 Setback to Marlies - Binghamton Devils
- Tokarski & Wolf Pack Stymie T-Birds in Hartford - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Checkers Start 2019 with 4-1 Stomping of Sens - Charlotte Checkers
- Brookbank Named to Chicago Staff, Sorensen Promoted to Assistant Coach - Rockford IceHogs
- Drake Rymsha Reassigned to Manchester - Ontario Reign
- Pirri Returns from Vegas - Chicago Wolves
- Comets Sign Alex Sakellaropoulos to a PTO - Utica Comets
- Card Set Giveaway, Postgame Skate Highlight Sunday Slate - Rockford IceHogs
- Get Called up to New Jersey Courtesy of Labatt, Townsquare Media and Mirabito - Binghamton Devils
- Game #31 Preview: Tucson at Stockton - Tucson Roadrunners
- TSN Adds Three More American Hockey League Broadcasts - AHL
- Marlies Set for 3-In-3 - Toronto Marlies
- Canes Reassign Fleury to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Zadina Returns to Griffins After World Junior Championship - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Senators Announce Family Package for Family Day Weekend - Belleville Senators
- Kaut Returns from IIHF WJC Run with Czech Republic - Colorado Eagles
- Barracuda Set to Become the Worcester Sharks on January 13th - San Jose Barracuda
- Canucks Recall Demko from the Comets - Utica Comets
- Heat Chase Two Points against Roadrunners Friday - Stockton Heat
- Condors Host Colorado and the Zooperstars Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Ottawa Recalls Balcers from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Continue Road Trip in Syracuse, Binghamton - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- T-Birds Begin 2019 with Three-Game Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- 'Canes Recall McKegg on Emergency Basis - Charlotte Checkers
- Griffins Host $2 Beers/$2 Hot Dogs and Plaid Hat Giveaway against Belleville Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Checkers, January 4 - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.