Game Notes: at Allen
December 2, 2022 - ECHL (ECHL) - Rapid City Rush News Release
GAME #17 atAllen
12/2/22 | The Monument Ice Arena | 7:05 p.m.
Watch | Listen
LAST TIME OUT: The Rush hung four goals in the second period to take the lead for good, Matt Marcinew had a hat trick to pace the offense and the Rush beat the Kansas City Mavericks 7-5 on Saturday night at The Monument Ice Arena. Six different skaters recorded multiple points in the win, Rapid City's fourth in its past five games.
HATS OFF: Matt Marcinew's hat trick during Saturday's 7-5 win over Kansas City was his first pro hat trick and Rapid City's first regular season hat trick since November 12, 2021. Max Coatta recorded that hat trick for the Rush in a 4-2 win over the Idaho Steelheads. Marcinew now leads the Rush with 10 goals and 18 points over 16 games.
REMEMBER WHEN?: Rapid City's three games in Allen this weekend are the first games for the Rush in Allen since the first round of the 2022 Kelly Cups Playoffs. The Rush beat the Americans in five games during that postseason and they won all three games in Allen. In that series, Calder Brooks led the Rush with nine points on four goals and five assists. Brett Gravelle was right behind him with eight points on a goal and seven assists.
ON A ROLL: The Rush have won four of their last five games and five of their past seven. In its last five games, Rapid City has outscored its opponents 28-15. Since starting the season 2-5-0-0, the Rush are 6-3-0-0 and have won two of three games in each of the past three weeks.
CHANGES IN TEXAS: Allen announced the hiring of former American Chad Costello as its new head coach in May. Costello, who won two Kelly Cups with Allen, replaced long-time head coach Steve Martinson, who had been the Americans' head coach for ten years. In 375 career ECHL games, Costello had 172 goals and 389 assists.
SIGNIFICANT SWAP: The Rush and Americans made a trade in July, as Rapid City sent Stephen Baylis to Allen in exchange for Alex Aleardi. Aleardi had been acquired by Allen from the Florida Everblades earlier in the offseason. In 16 games for the Rush he has five goals and 12 assists. Baylis has yet to appear in a game for the Americans.
ODDS AND ENDS: The Rush went 6-6-0-0 in their 12 games in November...Rapid City is 3-5-0-0 on the road this season. Allen is 2-2-1-0 at home...the Rush went 1-for-1 on the power play on Saturday and have a power play goal in five consecutive games. The Rush are 5-for-23 on the power play in that stretch...Matt Marcinew is tied for seventh in the league with 10 goals...Daniil Chechelev leads the ECHL in both saves (427) and minutes played by a goaltender (727). He has started 12 of Rapid City's 16 games this season.
UP NEXT: Rapid City and Allen will face off again on Saturday night in Allen. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. CT at the Credit Union of Texas Event Center.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 2, 2022
- Fuel Win In Overtime - Indy Fuel
- Idaho Defeats Utah 5-4 on Friday Night in Boise - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Down Admirals in Comeback Win at Home, 6-3 - Reading Royals
- Steelheads Collect Seventh Straight Win With 5-4 Victory Over Utah - Idaho Steelheads
- Walleye Stun Cyclones in 4-1 Road Victory - Toledo Walleye
- Rush Stun Americans 6-5 - Allen Americans
- Vaive, Caporusso Reach Milestones in Loss to Walleye - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Rush Fight Back, Beat Allen 6-5 - Rapid City Rush
- Watts Tallies Overtime Winner at Kansas City - Wichita Thunder
- Perry Shines in Rabbits' Debut, Greenville Tops Atlanta for Fourth Straight Win - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Tim Doherty's Pair Leads Mariners Over Thunder - Maine Mariners
- Rush Fight Back, Beat Allen 6-5 - Rapid City Rush
- Nailers Come Back to Win Overtime Slugfest, 6-5 - Wheeling Nailers
- Kim Records Three Points In Stingrays' Victory Over The Icemen - South Carolina Stingrays
- Thunder Halted by Mariners, 4-1 - Adirondack Thunder
- Admirals Snag Early Lead, Royals Climb Back to Win - Norfolk Admirals
- Swamp Rabbits Edge Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Broetzman Scores Twice for Heartlanders in 4-2 Loss - Iowa Heartlanders
- Railers Open First Three-In-Three with 4-2 Win over Growlers - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Downed 4-2 by Railers - Newfoundland Growlers
- ECHL Transactions - December 2 - ECHL
- Idaho's Kupsky Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Jake Kupsky Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - Idaho Steelheads
- O'Brien Named ECHL Player of the Month for November - Newfoundland Growlers
- Newfoundland's O'Brien Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- Grizzlies Gameday: Wright Recalled to Colorado. Grizz in Boise for Weekend Set - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Preview: Stingrays vs. Icemen, December 2 at 7:05 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Notes: at Allen - Rapid City Rush
- Wichita Visits Kansas City Tonight - Wichita Thunder
- Theisen Reassigned to Atlanta - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits vs Gladiators (7:05pm) - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Iowa's Pastujov Named Howies Hockey Tape/ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Lions vs Heartlanders Tonight at 7:00 p.m. at Colisée Vidéotron - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Glads Open Weekend on the Road in Greenville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Worcester Railers HC Sign Forward Billy Jerry - Worcester Railers HC
- Royals Open Two-Game Series with Admirals at Home - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rapid City Rush Stories
- Rush Fall in Fort Wayne, 6-3
- Rush Charge Back, Beat Fort Wayne in a Shootout, 6-5
- Rush Edge Oilers. 4-3
- Rush Breeze by Oilers, 3-1
- Rush Run Over Oilers, 6-4