Kim Records Three Points In Stingrays' Victory Over The Icemen
December 2, 2022 - ECHL (ECHL) - South Carolina Stingrays News Release
NORTH CHARLESTON, SC - The South Carolina Stingrays (10-4-1-1) closed out the Jacksonville Icemen (8-9-0-0) by a final score of 3-2 on Friday night at the North Charleston Coliseum. Michael Kim tallied a point on all three Stingrays' goals and Tyler Wall stopped 36 of 38 shots he faced in the win.
After a scoreless opening period, South Carolina pulled ahead at the 5:11 mark of the middle frame on Justin Florek's second goal of the season. Kim fed Florek who fired a one-timer past Jacksonville's Parker Gahagen for the 1-0 lead.
Kim tacked on just over three minutes later for his third marker of the year. Jonny Evans pushed a pass to Kim at the blue line where the defenseman unleashed a slapshot past Gahagen for the 2-0 lead to close out the second period.
Evan Wardley expanded the Stingrays' lead with the eventual game-winning goal with his first of the season at the 3:10 mark of the third period. Kim fed Wardley who fired a missile past Gahagen for the 3-0 advantage.
Jacksonville stormed back late in regulation as Zach Jordan tipped in his third marker of the year. Derek Lodermeier split the defenders and fed Jordan on the backdoor for the deflected goal past South Carolina's Wall to cut the deficit to two goals.
Lodermeier added one of his own with 17.4 seconds remaining in the third period with an extra attacker on the ice and Gahagen on the bench. Lodermeier tipped a shot from Luke Martin that beat Wall, pulling Jacksonville within one goal before the Stingrays closed the door.
The Stingrays continue their 2022-23 campaign tomorrow night as they host the Savannah Ghost Pirates for the first time in franchise history. The Stingrays' annual Teddy Bear Toss, presented by Crews Chevrolet, encourages fans to throw new teddy bears and stuffed animals on the ice after the Rays score their first goal of the contest. The first 1,500 fans at the game will also receive a cowbell giveaway.
Season ticket plans are on sale now! For more information or to purchase, contact the Stingrays by phone at 843-744-2248 or submit this form.
Save money with group tickets! For more information or to purchase, contact the Stingrays by phone at 843-744-2248.
For all the latest news and updates, follow the Stingrays on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Images from this story
South Carolina Stingrays celebrate win
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 2, 2022
- Fuel Win In Overtime - Indy Fuel
- Idaho Defeats Utah 5-4 on Friday Night in Boise - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Down Admirals in Comeback Win at Home, 6-3 - Reading Royals
- Steelheads Collect Seventh Straight Win With 5-4 Victory Over Utah - Idaho Steelheads
- Walleye Stun Cyclones in 4-1 Road Victory - Toledo Walleye
- Rush Stun Americans 6-5 - Allen Americans
- Vaive, Caporusso Reach Milestones in Loss to Walleye - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Rush Fight Back, Beat Allen 6-5 - Rapid City Rush
- Watts Tallies Overtime Winner at Kansas City - Wichita Thunder
- Perry Shines in Rabbits' Debut, Greenville Tops Atlanta for Fourth Straight Win - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Tim Doherty's Pair Leads Mariners Over Thunder - Maine Mariners
- Rush Fight Back, Beat Allen 6-5 - Rapid City Rush
- Nailers Come Back to Win Overtime Slugfest, 6-5 - Wheeling Nailers
- Kim Records Three Points In Stingrays' Victory Over The Icemen - South Carolina Stingrays
- Thunder Halted by Mariners, 4-1 - Adirondack Thunder
- Admirals Snag Early Lead, Royals Climb Back to Win - Norfolk Admirals
- Swamp Rabbits Edge Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Broetzman Scores Twice for Heartlanders in 4-2 Loss - Iowa Heartlanders
- Railers Open First Three-In-Three with 4-2 Win over Growlers - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Downed 4-2 by Railers - Newfoundland Growlers
- ECHL Transactions - December 2 - ECHL
- Idaho's Kupsky Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Jake Kupsky Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - Idaho Steelheads
- O'Brien Named ECHL Player of the Month for November - Newfoundland Growlers
- Newfoundland's O'Brien Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- Grizzlies Gameday: Wright Recalled to Colorado. Grizz in Boise for Weekend Set - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Preview: Stingrays vs. Icemen, December 2 at 7:05 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Notes: at Allen - Rapid City Rush
- Wichita Visits Kansas City Tonight - Wichita Thunder
- Theisen Reassigned to Atlanta - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits vs Gladiators (7:05pm) - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Iowa's Pastujov Named Howies Hockey Tape/ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Lions vs Heartlanders Tonight at 7:00 p.m. at Colisée Vidéotron - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Glads Open Weekend on the Road in Greenville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Worcester Railers HC Sign Forward Billy Jerry - Worcester Railers HC
- Royals Open Two-Game Series with Admirals at Home - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.