Dickinson Wins Game in OT for Utah
West Valley City, Utah - Josh Dickinson scores the game winning goal 21 seconds into overtime as the Utah Grizzlies win 4-3 to end the 7 game losing streak at Maverik Center on Saturday night.
Cole Ully and Caleb Herbert starred once again for the Grizzlies. Both guys had 1 goal and 1 assist. Ully's goal tied up the game 3-3 on the power play 6:16 into the third period. Taylor Richart had 3 assists in the game.
Utah took a 1-0 lead 14:30 into the game as Will Smith scored his 2nd goal in his last 4 games. Maine scored the next 2 goals in the game as John Furgele and Greg Chase each scored early in the 2nd period.
Herbert scored 12:11 into the 2nd period on the power play. It was his 29th goal of the season. That's ranked 3rd in the league.
Furgele scored his 2nd of the game 5:23 into the third period. Ully tied up the game 53 seconds later.
Special teams played a big factor in the game. Utah was 2 for 7 on the power play. Utah was also a perfect 6 for 6 on the penalty kill. Utah is 18 for 18 on the PK over the last 2 games.
Utah begins a stretch of 6 straight games against Rapid City with the first 3 games coming at Rapid City. March 6th is the next Grizzlies game. 7 pm face-off from the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center. Next home game is on March 14th vs Rapid City.
Grizzlies notes: Utah outshot Maine 38 to 35. Joe Cannata stopped 32 of 35 shots. Maine's Connor LaCouvee stopped 34 of 38 shots. Time of game: 2:23. Attendance was 7346. Both teams were wearing Marvel Superhero themed specialty jersey's. The Grizzlies were Captain America while the Mariners were Iron Man.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 2, 2019
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 4-3 OT Win Saturday Night - Utah Grizzlies
- Dickinson Wins Game in OT for Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Hafner Impressive in Allen Debut, But Offense Stalls in 2-1 Loss - Allen Americans
- Nogard's Two Points Fall Shortin Loss to Royals - Norfolk Admirals
- Eick's Shorthanded Third Period Goal Lifts Kansas City over Idaho, 2-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mariners Take 5 of 6 Points on Utah Trip - Maine Mariners
- Rays Come up Short on Pink in the Rink Night - South Carolina Stingrays
- Fuel Build Early Lead, Cruise to Critical Victory over Wings - Indy Fuel
- Solar Bears See Nine-Game Home Point Streak Halted in Loss to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Swamp Rabbits Ride Raucous Crowd to Victory - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Oilers Edge Americans 2-1 - Tulsa Oilers
- Vail Sends 'Clones to 40th Victory with Overtime Winner - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Special Effort: 'Blades Trump Orlando, 4-2 - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Drop 2-1 Result to Mavericks - Idaho Steelheads
- Nailers Record One Point against Cyclones - Wheeling Nailers
- Fast First Period Sinks Wings 5-1 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Sink Admirals' Battleship, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Gladiators Drop Road Contest in Greenville 5-3 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Monarchs Rattled by Thunder, 8-1 - Manchester Monarchs
- Beast Rally to Defeat Growlers 7-5 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Nashville Recalls Magwood to Milwaukee - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Acquires Kelly Cup Winning Dman De Jong - Wichita Thunder
- Grizzlies Acquire 2018 Kelly Cup Champion Verpaelst in Trade - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - March 2 - ECHL
- 'Blades Announce Trio of Transactions - Florida Everblades
- Game Preview: Royals at Admirals, March 2, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Bring in Goaltender Logan Thompson - Adirondack Thunder
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Wheeling Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Iowa Wild Signs Forward Riley Bourbonnais to PTO - Allen Americans
- Nailers vs. Cyclones Game Day Snap Shot, March 2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Mike Szmatula Released from PTO - Adirondack Thunder
- Game Day: Royals Seek Weekend Sweep Before Canadian Swing - Reading Royals
- Game Day: Wings Look to Bounce Back in Indy - Kalamazoo Wings
- Third Period Meltdown Leads to Tulsa Win - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Lose 4-3 in a Shootout - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 4-3 Shootout Loss - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.