Condors Home for Derek Carr Youth Jersey Giveaway Tonight
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. - The Bakersfield Condors host the Grand Rapids Griffins on Derek Carr Youth Jersey Giveaway Night on Dignity Health Home Ice at Mechanics Bank Arena tonight at 7 p.m. Tickets are available online at AXS.com or at the Mechanics Bank Arena Box Office which opens at noon. Save money with a Holiday Pack and get $10 to DICK's Sporting Goods.
PROMOTION DETAILS: The first 2,000 kids, 12 and under, will receive a camo Derek Carr Youth Jersey presented by Energy 95.3 and Valley Children's Healthcare. Fans can bid on custom Condors filled player stockings featuring items purchased by the players at the Condors Community Foundation Hub. Proceeds benefit the Foundation.
EAT & DRINK
Roasted Pork Loin
Mustard Cream Sauce
Roasted Red Potatoes
Fall Vegetable Medley
Chicken Shawarma Wrap
Enjoy the Ice Level Lounge (21+) with games, TV's, bars, and music next to the glass. Just need a ticket to the game!
DOWNLOAD THE CONDORS APP presented by PCL: iTunes |Google Play
BAKERSFIELD MARRIOTT POST-GAME AUTOGRAPH BOOTH: RW Josh Currie and D William Lagesson
The Bakersfield Condors step outside the Pacific Division to wrap the weekend against the Grand Rapids Griffins. It is the second of four meetings on the season. All-time the Condors are 2-0-1 against the Detroit Red Wings' top affiliate.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Bakersfield could not close out Grand Rapids last night, despite leads of 2-0, 3-2, and 5-3. The Griffins rallied on three separate occasions for a 6-5 overtime. LW Tyler Benson scored twice for Bakersfield while C Cooper Marody had two assists. It was the Condors third overtime loss, all on home ice.
Grand Rapids now has points in three straight (2-0-1) following its first-ever win over the Condors last night. LW Taro Hirose scored the overtime winner and had two goals on the night. C Joe Veleno matched him with two tallies of his own.
BENSON DOUBLES DOWN
LW Tyler Benson leads the Condors in scoring with 19 points (7g-12a) in 24 games this season. After being held without a goal for 10 games, the second-year winger scored twice last night. It was his third, multi-goal effort of the season contributing to all seven of his goals on the season.
PERSSON ON THE SHEET AGAIN
D Joel Persson, in his first season in North America, has delivered early in his AHL career. With an assist last night, he now has six points (1g-5a) in eight games.
STUKEL OPENS HIS ACCOUNT
LW Jakob Stukel scored his first goal of the season last night in the first period to give the Condors a 2-0 lead. In 15 career games with the Condors, the second-year pro has eight points (4g-4a).
LW Joe Gambardella has goals in two straight (2g-1a)... RW Josh Currie leads the Condors with 82 shots, 18 more than D Evan Bouchard, who is second. He also leads the team in plus/minus at +5... Bakersfield is 1-3 in overtime this season with C Brad Malone scoring the team's lone winner... LW Tyler Benson had 15 goals in 68 games last season.
RW Matthew Ford, returning to Bakersfield for the first time since leading the Condors in scoring in 2015-16, had two assists last night... The Griffins scored twice on the power play last night and enter tonight with the sixth best PP in the AHL at 22.3%... Grand Rapids was without leading scorer Chris Terry last night... G Calvin Pickard has played the third most minutes in the AHL at 1,147... The Griffins won in OT for the first time this season, having dropped their first three extra sessions on the season.
12/9 - C Colby Cave assigned to Bakersfield
12/9 - D Joel Persson assigned to Bakersfield
12/9 - D Caleb Jones recalled by Edmonton
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 14, 2019
- Roadrunners Wrap Perfect Trip, Add to Lead as AHL's Best - Tucson Roadrunners
- Admirals Battle Back to Earn Point in OT Loss - Milwaukee Admirals
- Winning Streak Comes to An End against Tucson - Texas Stars
- Bigras Brings the Bears in Teddy Bear Toss Victory - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Get Even with Ads - Chicago Wolves
- Carey Scores OT Winner, P-Bruins Top Springfield Thunderbirds, 5-4 - Providence Bruins
- Angello Scores Twice as Penguins Beat Monsters, 3-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bellows scores for third straight game in setback on Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Monsters Comeback Falls Short in 3-1 Loss to Penguins - Cleveland Monsters
- Bears Extend Win Streak to Five, Blast Sound Tigers 5-2 - Hershey Bears
- T-Birds Come Away with a Point in Roller-Coaster Night vs. Bruins - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Lehigh Valley Ends Pack's Streak - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Devils Offense Shines In 5-1 Win Over Comets - Binghamton Devils
- Comets Plagued by Devils' Efficient Attack - Utica Comets
- Crunch Top Checkers, 5-4 - Syracuse Crunch
- Checkers Squander Lead in 5-4 Loss to Crunch - Charlotte Checkers
- Rocket Shutout 5-0 by the Rochester Americans - Laval Rocket
- Barracuda Get Burned by Heat, 3-2 - San Jose Barracuda
- Sens Grab First Win of the Season over Toronto - Belleville Senators
- Game Recap: Amerks Complete Sweep with 5-0 Win in Laval - Rochester Americans
- Preds Recall Blackwell, Reassign Carr to Ads - Milwaukee Admirals
- Heat Earn 3-2 Win Saturday over San Jose - Stockton Heat
- Eagles Host Teddy Bear Toss Tonight - Colorado Eagles
- McIlrath Returns to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Anaheim Ducks Reassign Carrick to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Senators Sign Corrado to AHL Deal - Belleville Senators
- Battle of Ontario Heads to Coca-Cola Coliseum - Toronto Marlies
- Phantoms Loans F Steven Swavely to Reading Royals - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Game 26 Preview: Tucson at Texas - Tucson Roadrunners
- Heat, Barracuda Start Weekend Home-And-Home Saturday - Stockton Heat
- Condors Home for Derek Carr Youth Jersey Giveaway Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Englund Recalled by Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, December 14, 2019 at Laval Rocket - Rochester Americans
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Sound Tigers, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Marlies, December 14 - Belleville Senators
- Benson Scores Twice as Condors Grab Point in 6-5 Overtime Loss - Bakersfield Condors
- Roadrunners Improve To 20-5 Following Record-Long Shootout Win - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.