Admirals Battle Back to Earn Point in OT Loss
Chicago, IL - Nicolas Roy scored in overtime to give the Chicago Wolves a 3-2 win over the Milwaukee Admirals Saturday at Allstate Arena.
Despite the loss, the Admirals extended the team's points streak to five games (3-0-2-0).
Roy skated into the Ads zone and flipped the puck into the net at 1:15 of overtime to down the Admirals. Milwaukee remains in first place in the American Hockey League's Central Division with 45 points (20-4-3-2 record).
Milwaukee trailed by two goals at the beginning of the third period. The Admirals finally got on the board at 6:12 of the third frame when Alex Carrier fed a pass from behind the Wolves net for a tap-in by Cole Schneider. It was Schneider's ninth goal of the season. Carrier and Daniel Carr recorded the assists. The assist extended Carr's points streak to 11 games (10 goals and nine assists).
The Admirals tied the game with 50.7 seconds remaining in the game. Carrier's low shot from the left point was deflected into the net by Laurent Dauphin. Dauphin's goal was his seventh of the season. Carrier and Frederick Gaudreau earned the assists.
Admirals defenseman Carrier played in his 250th game. He is just the 11th player to reach that milestone since the Admirals joined the American Hockey League for the 2001-02 season.
Chicago took a 2-0 lead with a pair of goals in the second period by Brandon Pirri. The first was a shot from the left circle, on the power play, at 3:06. The second came when Pirri deflected a Keegan Kolesar pass into the net at 13:53 of the second frame.
Goalie Connor Ingram stopped 26 shots in the overtime loss.
The Admirals return home to host the San Antonio Rampage at UWM Panther Arena Wed., Dec. 18.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 14, 2019
- Roadrunners Wrap Perfect Trip, Add to Lead as AHL's Best - Tucson Roadrunners
- Admirals Battle Back to Earn Point in OT Loss - Milwaukee Admirals
- Winning Streak Comes to An End against Tucson - Texas Stars
- Bigras Brings the Bears in Teddy Bear Toss Victory - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Get Even with Ads - Chicago Wolves
- Carey Scores OT Winner, P-Bruins Top Springfield Thunderbirds, 5-4 - Providence Bruins
- Angello Scores Twice as Penguins Beat Monsters, 3-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bellows scores for third straight game in setback on Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Monsters Comeback Falls Short in 3-1 Loss to Penguins - Cleveland Monsters
- Bears Extend Win Streak to Five, Blast Sound Tigers 5-2 - Hershey Bears
- T-Birds Come Away with a Point in Roller-Coaster Night vs. Bruins - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Lehigh Valley Ends Pack's Streak - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Devils Offense Shines In 5-1 Win Over Comets - Binghamton Devils
- Comets Plagued by Devils' Efficient Attack - Utica Comets
- Crunch Top Checkers, 5-4 - Syracuse Crunch
- Checkers Squander Lead in 5-4 Loss to Crunch - Charlotte Checkers
- Rocket Shutout 5-0 by the Rochester Americans - Laval Rocket
- Barracuda Get Burned by Heat, 3-2 - San Jose Barracuda
- Sens Grab First Win of the Season over Toronto - Belleville Senators
- Game Recap: Amerks Complete Sweep with 5-0 Win in Laval - Rochester Americans
- Preds Recall Blackwell, Reassign Carr to Ads - Milwaukee Admirals
- Heat Earn 3-2 Win Saturday over San Jose - Stockton Heat
- Eagles Host Teddy Bear Toss Tonight - Colorado Eagles
- McIlrath Returns to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Anaheim Ducks Reassign Carrick to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Senators Sign Corrado to AHL Deal - Belleville Senators
- Battle of Ontario Heads to Coca-Cola Coliseum - Toronto Marlies
- Phantoms Loans F Steven Swavely to Reading Royals - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Game 26 Preview: Tucson at Texas - Tucson Roadrunners
- Heat, Barracuda Start Weekend Home-And-Home Saturday - Stockton Heat
- Condors Home for Derek Carr Youth Jersey Giveaway Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Englund Recalled by Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, December 14, 2019 at Laval Rocket - Rochester Americans
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Sound Tigers, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Marlies, December 14 - Belleville Senators
- Benson Scores Twice as Condors Grab Point in 6-5 Overtime Loss - Bakersfield Condors
- Roadrunners Improve To 20-5 Following Record-Long Shootout Win - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.