Preds Recall Blackwell, Reassign Carr to Ads
Milwaukee, WI - Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/GM David Poile announced today that the team has recalled forward Colin Blackwell from Milwaukee. Additionally, the team has reassigned forward Daniel Carr to the Admirals.
Blackwell is tied for the Admirals lead in assists with 17 and is third in points with 23 (6g-17a) in 26 games this season, his second with the team and fourth as a pro. The center has recorded 16 points (3g-13a) in his last month of play - 12 of which came during a career-best nine-game point streak (3g-9a) from Nov. 13-Dec. 1 - helping the Ads reach first place in the AHL with a 20-4-2-2 record. He also recorded his second career four-point game on Dec. 6 after dishing out four assists in Milwaukee's 7-1 victory over Iowa. Last season, Blackwell made his NHL debut on Jan. 19, 2019 vs. Florida and went on to feature in six games for the Predators, averaging 9:44 of ice time. He finished his first campaign in Milwaukee with 26 points (14g-12a) in 43 games, and his 14 goals tied for fifth on the team.
In his second stint with the Predators this season Carr tallied a goal and game-winner in the shoot-out, in eight games and he shows 11 goals and 10 assists for 21 points in 16 games with Milwaukee. The 6-foot, 191-pound left wing was on a 10-game point streak (10g-8a) with the Ads before being recalled by the Predators. During that stretch, Carr recorded six multi-point efforts - including two three-point performances - and scored either the game-winning goal or game-deciding goal in the shootout five times.
Carr will join the Admirals in Chicago as they take on the Wolves tonight in the second half of a home-and-home series tonight at the Allstate Arena at 7 pm. Milwaukee's next home game is Wednesday, December 18 when they host the San Antonio Rampage at Panther Arena at 7 pm.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 14, 2019
- Roadrunners Wrap Perfect Trip, Add to Lead as AHL's Best - Tucson Roadrunners
- Admirals Battle Back to Earn Point in OT Loss - Milwaukee Admirals
- Winning Streak Comes to An End against Tucson - Texas Stars
- Bigras Brings the Bears in Teddy Bear Toss Victory - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Get Even with Ads - Chicago Wolves
- Carey Scores OT Winner, P-Bruins Top Springfield Thunderbirds, 5-4 - Providence Bruins
- Angello Scores Twice as Penguins Beat Monsters, 3-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bellows scores for third straight game in setback on Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Monsters Comeback Falls Short in 3-1 Loss to Penguins - Cleveland Monsters
- Bears Extend Win Streak to Five, Blast Sound Tigers 5-2 - Hershey Bears
- T-Birds Come Away with a Point in Roller-Coaster Night vs. Bruins - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Lehigh Valley Ends Pack's Streak - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Devils Offense Shines In 5-1 Win Over Comets - Binghamton Devils
- Comets Plagued by Devils' Efficient Attack - Utica Comets
- Crunch Top Checkers, 5-4 - Syracuse Crunch
- Checkers Squander Lead in 5-4 Loss to Crunch - Charlotte Checkers
- Rocket Shutout 5-0 by the Rochester Americans - Laval Rocket
- Barracuda Get Burned by Heat, 3-2 - San Jose Barracuda
- Sens Grab First Win of the Season over Toronto - Belleville Senators
- Game Recap: Amerks Complete Sweep with 5-0 Win in Laval - Rochester Americans
- Preds Recall Blackwell, Reassign Carr to Ads - Milwaukee Admirals
- Heat Earn 3-2 Win Saturday over San Jose - Stockton Heat
- Eagles Host Teddy Bear Toss Tonight - Colorado Eagles
- McIlrath Returns to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Anaheim Ducks Reassign Carrick to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Senators Sign Corrado to AHL Deal - Belleville Senators
- Battle of Ontario Heads to Coca-Cola Coliseum - Toronto Marlies
- Phantoms Loans F Steven Swavely to Reading Royals - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Game 26 Preview: Tucson at Texas - Tucson Roadrunners
- Heat, Barracuda Start Weekend Home-And-Home Saturday - Stockton Heat
- Condors Home for Derek Carr Youth Jersey Giveaway Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Englund Recalled by Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, December 14, 2019 at Laval Rocket - Rochester Americans
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Sound Tigers, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Marlies, December 14 - Belleville Senators
- Benson Scores Twice as Condors Grab Point in 6-5 Overtime Loss - Bakersfield Condors
- Roadrunners Improve To 20-5 Following Record-Long Shootout Win - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.