Atlanta Resigns Corbett
Duluth, GA - The Atlanta Gladiators have resigned defenseman Cody Corbett to bolster their defense. Cody, who spent time with Atlanta in training camp, began the season with the Bakersfield Condors in the AHL. Corbett brings experience to the Gladiators with 95 career games in the AHL and 87 career games here in the ECHL. He has also played overseas, spending last season in Central Europe with an Italian team.
Cody, a 25-year-old left-handed shooting defenseman is a Lakeland, Minnesota native who went straight from junior hockey to the AHL. The 2014-15 season was his first as a pro, where he played 47 games for the Lake Erie Monsters. He stayed in the AHL the following season in 2015-16, this time with the San Antonio Rampage. Corbett would finish that year in Fort Wayne with the Komets, his first time in the ECHL. Between the two clubs, he played in a combined 57 games and recorded career highs in goals (8), assists (20) and points (28).
In the 2016-17 season, he returned to the AHL and the San Antonio Rampage, before finishing the season back in the ECHL with the Colorado Eagles and the South Carolina Stingrays. He helped the Stingrays not only get to the playoffs but advance to the Kelly Cup Finals. Corbett totaled nine points in 21 post-season games that season, with a goal and eight assists. In 2017-18, he stayed in the ECHL with the Idaho Steelheads for most of the season but also spent time in the EBEL the top league in Austria playing for Orli Znojmo, a team based in the Czech Republic.
Last season, Cody played in Central Europe for Italy's Pustertal/Val Pusteria of the AlpsHL, a league made up of teams from Austria, Italy, and Slovenia. Cody went to the playoffs for the second time in his career, chipping in two goals and seven assists for nine points in 16 games.
The Atlanta Gladiators are members of the ECHL, the nation's premier "AA" hockey league and are the Affiliate of the Eastern Conference Champion Boston Bruins. All home games are played at the 9,119-seat Infinite Energy Arena, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth, Georgia. The Gladiators have established an unrivaled commitment to excellence, maintaining a distinctive reputation for providing fun, friendly, family, affordable entertainment and are consistently ranked as one of the best "Things to Do" in the Atlanta Metro area and across the North Georgia region. Fans can purchase tickets by visiting www.atlantagladiators.com or by calling the front office at (770) 497-5100.
Images from this story
Defenseman Cody Corbett (Top)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 4, 2019
- Steelheads Weekly - November 4, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Weekly Report, Vol. 19, No. 4 - Reading Royals
- Worcester Railers HC Adds Hope Weaver as Marketing & Creative Services Coordinator - Worcester Railers HC
- Groleau and Sissons Re-Assigned to Adirondack by New Jersey - Adirondack Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - November 4 - ECHL
- Ducks Loan Goaltender Angus Redmond to the Growlers - Newfoundland Growlers
- Royals' "Harry Potter Night" Saturday Includes New Promotions/Experiences - Reading Royals
- Thunder Weekly, November 4th - Wichita Thunder
- Grizzlies Weekly: 4 Game Road Trip Begins Friday - Utah Grizzlies
- Oil Drops: Oilers Look to Continue Momentum After Undefeated Week - Tulsa Oilers
- Stingrays Weekly Report - November 4 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly #4 (2019-20) - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 4 (October 28-November 3, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- Manitoba Assigns Adam Carlson to IceMen; Recall Outhouse - Jacksonville IceMen
- Utah's Dickinson Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Player of the Month - ECHL
- Josh Dickinson Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Player of the Month - Utah Grizzlies
- Zachary Fucale Recalled, Solar Bears Sign Kevin Entmaa - Orlando Solar Bears
- Atlanta Resigns Corbett - Atlanta Gladiators
- Mariners Weekly: Mariners Look to Repeat November Success - Maine Mariners
- Dallas Snipers Get First-Ever Win at Allen Event Center, More Doubleheader Hockey this Weekend - Allen Americans
- Mavericks Announce Road Game Date Changed - Kansas City Mavericks
- Walleye Weekly - Four Games in Five Days Ahead - Toledo Walleye
- Komets Sweep Weekend Home Double-Header; Bergh Named ECHL Rookie of October - Fort Wayne Komets
- Idaho's Sholl Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Tomas Sholl Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Month - Idaho Steelheads
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- 'Blades Weekly: In-State Rivalries Abound for 4-Game Homestand - Florida Everblades
- Forward Cedric Lacroix Recalled by Charlotte Checkers - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Reschedule Home Game in February - Utah Grizzlies
- Fort Wayne's Bergh Named Howies Hockey Tape/ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Mavs Monday: Mavs Welcome Grizzlies for Two-Game Weekend Set - Kansas City Mavericks
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of November 4 - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.