Windsor, Solar Bears Freeze out Swamp Rabbits in 3-0 Win
ORLANDO, Fla. - Clint Windsor turned in a 28-save performance for his fourth shutout of the season, and the Orlando Solar Bears (18-16-5-1) rolled to its third consecutive win, topping the Greenville Swamp Rabbits (22-21-1-1) by a 3-0 score on Saturday afternoon at the Jewett Orthopaedic Rink at Amway Center.
Seconds after Orlando's first power play of the game expired, Taylor Cammarata gave the Solar Bears a 1-0 led when he received a pass from Cody Donaghey and spun the puck past Jake Theut at 14:11 of the opening period. The goal was Cammarata's ninth of the season.
The Solar Bears prevented the Swamp Rabbits from converting on a 5-on-3 man advantage after Jake Coughler was sent to the box for hooking at 14:35 and Rich Boyd was whistled for a delay of game infraction after clearing the puck above the glass from the defensive zone.
The penalty-kill unit stepped up again in the second period, neutralizing another Greenville 5-on-3 man advantage late in the frame. The Solar Bears dominated puck possession in the second period, outshooting the Swamp Rabbits by a 20-7 margin.
Trevor Olson gave Orlando some breathing room in the third period when Eric Drapluk threw a pass from the corner towards the Greenville net, and as Theut attempted to poke the puck away, Olson swatted home his 12th of the season at the 1:42 mark.
Peter Abbandonato one-timed a pass from Blake Kessel at the right circle past Theut at 9:50 for a power-play goal that capped the scoring.
Windsor's shutout was the goaltender's ninth victory of the season; Theut went 40-for-43 in the loss for Greenville.
1) Clint Windsor - ORL
2) Trevor Olson - ORL
3) Eric Drapluk - ORL
Orlando is 2-1-0-0 against Greenville this season; the two teams will not meet against until March 4 in Orlando
Olson's goal was his third goal in as many games; the forward has five points (3g-2a) in his last three games
Windsor leads all rookie netminders with four shutouts; his .925 save percentage ranks fourth among all ECHL goalies
Johno May picked up an assist on Olson's goal, extending his point streak to three games (2g-2a)
Drapluk finished the afternoon with two assists
The Solar Bears are 7-0-0-0 when scoring first at home
Orlando is now 9-2-1-0 when allowing three or fewer goals
NEXT GAME: The Solar Bears host the Jacksonville Icemen on Monday, Jan. 27 at 7 p.m.
Purchase tickets for Monday, Jan. 27 vs. Jacksonville Icemen
Purchase Single-Game Tickets:
Single-game tickets for all Solar Bears home games are now on sale at the Amway Center box office and Ticketmaster.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 25, 2020
- Offense Explodes for Five in the Third Period - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Extend Season-High Point Streak, Fall in Overtime to Kalamazoo - Tulsa Oilers
- Allen Defeats Utah 6-3 on Saturday Night - Utah Grizzlies
- Iacopelli Scores Twice Late in K-Wings Overtime Win - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavs Snap Skid with Shootout Win over Steelheads - Kansas City Mavericks
- Happy Cam-Pers: Johnson Leads 'Blades to Shootout Win - Florida Everblades
- Walleye Maintain Perfect Record against Komets - Toledo Walleye
- Steelheads Earn Point in 2-1 Shootout Loss to Mavericks - Idaho Steelheads
- Milner Silences Norfolk for 7th Shutout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Beast Stymied in Loss to Thunder - Brampton Beast
- Royals Split Weekend Series with Newfoundland, Fall, 3-1 - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Drop Weekend Finale in Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers Power Past Cyclones, 4-1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Late Goal Stings Mariners in Worcester - Maine Mariners
- A Late Score from Ross Olsson Propels Worcester to a 2-1 Victory over Maine - Worcester Railers HC
- Adirondack Bludgeons Brampton in Saturday Night Bout, 7-4 - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Bounce Back in Reading - Newfoundland Growlers
- Indy Dominates Atlanta in Final Game of the Weekend - Indy Fuel
- Atlanta Falls to Indy Fuel to Conclude Brief North Division Trip - Atlanta Gladiators
- Windsor, Solar Bears Freeze out Swamp Rabbits in 3-0 Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Preview: 'Blades Take on IceMen, Aim for Fifth Straight Win - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - January 25 - ECHL
- Swamp Rabbits Shut out in Sunshine State - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Notes: vs Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Adam Rockwood Recalled by Springfield - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Swamp Rabbits - Orlando Solar Bears
- Royals Seek Second Win of Weekend vs. Growlers - Reading Royals
- Killins Wins It on Strong Power Play in OT for Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Win Shootout Thriller in Front of 11,651 on Pink in the Rink Night - Tulsa Oilers
- Overtime Game Winner Overturned, Allen Loses in a Shootout - Allen Americans
- Grizz Win 5-4 in Shootout Thriller - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.